Company Wants 33% Pay Cut For Cwa Agents

No way, no how this will ever get ratified. The Company knows this. And, quite honestly, my guess is they are preparing an outsourcing arrangement should a job action be undertaken.

USFlyer said:
No way, no how this will ever get ratified. The Company knows this. And, quite honestly, my guess is they are preparing an outsourcing arrangement should a job action be undertaken.
[post="194616"][/post]​

You guess is correct. Somewhere down South I would venture to say. And not in the US.

Mike said:
FLYUSAIRWAYS said:
If the highest paid group (the pilots), are taking 18%. Why would Usairways want a CWA agent with 27 years seniority to take a 33% pay cut??? The latest proposal states $13.62 an hr. Thats a 33% cut , down from last weeks, $20.30 an hr. This will never even get 1 yes vote. Can some one please explain???????????????
The pilots have taken a 33% paycut a year and a half ago plus loss of their pension. Now its an additional 18%. 33+18=51%. Im not defending any one group here. I am no longer at mainline. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was for my pension (Gone) and my seniority number (Gone). Alot of people screamed let the judge have it, we will take our chances with him. Well, he's got it now and in the words of Rakesh "We are where we are". On a plus note...There is life after USAirways.
[post="194547"][/post]​

Even with a "51%" pay cut the pilots are still makeing a livable wage. Even if they were only making, and I say only as tongue and cheek, 120,000 a year, 49% of that is well above what the agents are being asked to give up. A CWA agent under the new proposal is only going to make around 28,000 a year BEFORE taxes. That's hardly livable. Come on pilots, kick in and help you union brothers and sisters, Just 10% more.

The Company reserves the right to contract out any or all work covered by the CBA, if by doing so, the Company is able to accomplish the work more economically...

nuf said.....Close the doors...

Let the Al's ( Crellin and Hemenway), with Jerry and Dr. Dave and whomever else might be left explain how they misjudged their employees resolve to ...

Shut it down.....

What suprises me is how all are either stunned or shocked by the proposal from the brainless wonders in CCY. The only thing that I can compare to is when I began working in this industry. PI wanted me and they hired me. AL (Usair at that time) bought PI and AL wanted me. Even after the first BK I still felt the company wanted me. When we got close to the 2nd BK and even now the company has done nothing more in their actions and words that they no longer want me. I am now a liabilty instead of an asset. Lets also go back to David "Bumping my Gums" Bronners statements made in the last few months. "If we file BK we will liquidate". "Nobody will provide DIP financing" are two of my favorites. So lets put 2 and 2 together. We all take cuts to become lower paid than ANY LCC and the airline liquidates anyway. Tell me were does our money that we gave to the goes to???? Tell me were the money that we gave during the last round of concessions went to???? And it the so called "plan" is sucessfull as far as I am concerned we get the privledge of working like TWA did for all those years under another Carl Ichan situation. Just my humble opinion.....