Need Advice! Should I Bid Srq Mainline Express Job

SRQ is not a high turnover station now, but when the $13 an hour show comes to town things will change. When you take a job that starts in the $8 range and tops out at $13, not many are going to make a career out of it anymore. Most take the job for the travel benefits, and once they realize how bad the pay is off they go. An Airline job as Express is just a run of the mill job now with wages that can be had almost anywhere with less headaches. :down:

FLY,
One other thing to consider.If you transfer on your own,the move is on you.If your station is closed and you transfer,the move is on the company,provided the city you transfer to is on the list in your packet.

Mike, U think that he is a P/T agent. If that is the case they are not offered anything from the company. I know that he was F/T displaced before, and maybe that would play a role when and if his station went Express.

Thanks everyone for your imput. It's a big decision and your ideas and suggestions have helped alot. Some of your imput were ideas that I had not thought out for myself, like the severence and unemployment, thanks wings. Guess now I will see if Eleanor calls and offers me Full time SRQ. Then the pressure will be on to make the big decesion. Only problem is the last time I shopped for a house in SRQ, the only one I liked costs $330,000. Good thing the interest rates are still low.

Wings,
You're right.I missed the fact that he was P/T. The move is on you regardless. FLY,good luck to you, and good luck to all of us. I was displaced from CLE last June when it was made into a Mainline Express station. I am now working in DFW. Thank God I only have three more months of commuting.