Company wants addittional SJ Authority...

Tbone:

Nobody likes this situation, but I believe, I'm not totally sure, no aircraft financier will provide US with RJ financing, whether it is to buy or lease a jet. ALPA EF&A is involved in the process and will likely determine this point.

In the short-term, maybe until late 2003 or early 2004, the only RJs available could be from affiliate carriers. Do I like this? Absolutely not, but it could be the only access to provide much needed feed and revenue. Revenue that has been included in the business plan projections required to obtain the loan guarantee.

I can assure you the US ALPA MEC does not like this situation, but will make a decision in the best interests of the US pilots and other US employee groups. In my opinion, the affiliates may see limited US Express expansion, until the company can obtain internal RJ financing.

By the way, maybe the company needs financing for other strategic acquisitions, which could prevent RJ capital diversion.

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/4/2002 8:43:37 AM HPMCPATTON wrote:

OK Chip nice throw away line...what pray tell would those "other" strategic acquisitions be?
----------------
[/blockquote]

HPMCPATTON,

I am shocked that you have not yet heard. Somebody has been reporting that it is a done deal. US to buy UA for $60 dollars a share.

Soon!

Chip if you allow this (which is permission to go virtual) then you deserve to be outsourced and furloughed!

KEEP YOUR EYE ON MESA....A FREIND TOLD ME MONTHS AGO THE MESA HEAD AND DAVE ARE TIGHT.HE CLAIMED MESA WANTED TO BUY U...AND GO INTO THE BIG TIME.HE SAID SOURCES WERE ON FINANCIAL WEBS.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/4/2002 11:44:25 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

KEEP YOUR EYE ON MESA....A FREIND TOLD ME MONTHS AGO THE MESA HEAD AND DAVE ARE "TIGHT".HE CLAIMED MESA WANTED TO BUY U...AND GO INTO THE BIG TIME.HE SAID SOURCES WERE ON FINANCIAL WEBS.
----------------
[/blockquote]
DELLDUDE, (aka Mr.CAPS)

Johnny O has always had more than a quite interest in U. He was pumping money into U stock prior to 9-11-01.

This of course was a subtle way to buy additional favor for himself and MESA Air Group while attempting to secure more RJ flying for MESA...and possibly a BOD Seat with U.

Johnny O was also aligned with the Marvin Davis Group to make a competing bid on U...at the same time TPG and the Alabama Retirement fund were also doing so.

Johnny O was definately Tight with Dave from thier CO Express days...but Dave also warned about those Lurking like Johnny O. was during his Road Shows.

If any one thinks that the enviroment is less than Labor Friendly now? You haven't seen nothing till you encounter a Vulture like Orenstien. Ask anyone at what use to be CCAir (dba USAirways Express). ALPA shinanigans were only the final nail in thier coffin..but they were dying from heavy doses of J.O prior.

Well I worked my first piece of crap Trans States ERJ yesterday..a true sewerpipe that takes more effort to work than a 733. The sad stuff about these contract carriers is now all of the fleet work is being contracted out too. More false hopes with the IAM and MDA work. Well they will figure it all out when WN shows up to put the people on a real jet instead of this junk they want to use....I will choose to work a DH8 anyday over these. But I am sure ALPA will keep on giving until they outsource their jobs..up until then anything is OK with them.

One more thing - if you do not recognize Ornstein as the next Frank Lorenzo waiting in the wings then you are quite insane.

Nobody likes this situation, but I believe, I'm not totally sure, no aircraft financier will provide US with RJ financing, whether it is to buy or lease a jet. ALPA EF&A is involved in the process and will likely determine this point.

In the short-term, maybe until late 2003 or early 2004, the only RJs available could be from affiliate carriers. Do I like this? Absolutely not, but it could be the only access to provide much needed feed and revenue. Revenue that has been included in the business plan projections required to obtain the loan guarantee.

If it's true that no rj's would be available til late
'03,early '04,why did U project MDA for a spring startup?
If there are holes in the U route system,why do they
underutilize mainline acft.If U is not willing to risk
capital on rj's due to possible war,why would a contract
carrier be willing to do so? It sounds to me like the
company is bringing in smoke and mirrors...

Latest posts