CONGRATS to the Cargo folks at SWA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
except none of the big 3 try to be ALL things to all people.

they do serve a much broader market than WN does.

and in all honesty none of the US big 3 do anything so bad that they damage their earnings ability. UA came the closest at doing that over the past couple years but they are getting things back under control.

WN cargo is doing what the rest of the airline is doing which is deliver a fairly high quality product - but it is quite limited in the total size of the cargo market, even more limited than compared to the passenger operation.

Dog Wonder said:
In terms of what they do carry. They beat the big 3 up in the domestic markets they serve.
lol do have any proof that this is the case? 

Dog Wonder said:
Years of experience competing with SW, they provide a better product and are much better at selling it.
is that including being in the bottom of the industry in basically every measurable stat or nah?  

or maybe WN doesn't promise its cargo customers that their shipments will be on-time.

for the year ended Jan 2015, WN had the 9th position in on-time at 74.5%, lower than the industry average by a couple percent and lower than every one of the big 3.

and FL operated a more on-time airline than WN did.
http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/2015MarchATCR_0.pdf

when the carriers that were lower than WN were regional airlines and ULCCs, apparently time doesn't matter to WN's customers - cargo or passenger.

no one has denied that, Kev.

it has just been noted that such awards mean nothing if you are the smartest student in a class of 3 that underperforms every other school in your county.

wonderful... and it has also been noted that winning that award apparently doesn't involve delivering on-time near as well as what other carriers can do.... since cargo can't be delivered until the plane arrives and DOT on-time statistics apply to cargo and passengers.

and WN cargo can't do a fraction of the things that cargo at the big 3 can do.

googlemaps might help you understand WN's cargo capability by looking at their cargo facility in ATL compared to DL's.

do the same at any airport where they have a dedicated cargo facility compared to the dedicated cargo facilities for the big 3.

being the number one student in a class of low achievers isn't exactly a great accomplishment.

but in the politically correct world we live in, I suppose WN has to be given something even since it didn't make the cut for other awards like Forbes most admired airlines etc.

How'd they fare in ATW's Airline of the Year category?

Relevant to this thread: I think the phrase "congratulations to WN" (or similar) might be what you're looking for.
the only congratulations I will offer to WN is "congrats for sharing your lovely DAL terminal with us for ad infinitum"

all the rest is a side show

I put someone on ignore a month ago and the boards became more enjoyable. I can only guess where the conversation is going, but I have a feeling that it's being turned against LUV winning an award and that it should have gone to another airline. Only guessing.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.