CONGRATS to the Cargo folks at SWA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have researched and been a cargo client for 25 years.  I've spent tens of millions.  

I know the global cargo carriers and capabilities from a customer's perspective.

DL is not even top ten choice if you want to compare international widebody capabilities.

From a customer's persepctive.

Not your delusional ignorance.

And yeah, Southwest is by far the best domestic air option.  Then trucks.  

Reactions: 2 people
you can define "best" any way you want but in terms of capacity or actual cargo traffic, WN doesn't come anywhere near close to competing with the big 3.

and the big 3 are very much not only in the top 10 but they are the top airlines if you want to ship with a US passenger carrier to/from/within the US.

WorldTraveler said:
and the big 3 are very much not only in the top 10 but they are the top airlines if you want to ship with a US passenger carrier to/from/within the US.

According to the IATA data here,it looks like the U.S. big 3 legacy airlines are not in the top 10 for cargo.
https://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/wats-freight-km.aspx

The statement above is something that World Fraudster typically makes and prays that he is not challenged to show data or worse, that somebody actually posts the Whole Truth.

Now being the weasel he is, he did slip in there the qualifier in shipping to/from/within the U.S. - just shows that he had no clue whatsoever of what he was pretending to be an expert in.

Looks like the decade he has been away from the industry has affected his metal horsepower and there are some facts he just grasps out of thin air.

Spin away.

Reactions: 1 person
there is no spin.... you just can't read.

whatkindof says that WN is their preferred shipper which means they are shipping within the US because WN does not fly outside of the US.

WN is also a passenger carrier. The DOT data I highlighted makes a clear distinction between all cargo and passenger carriers.

If whatkind wants to ship on a US passenger carrier within the US, there isn't a carrier on the IATA list of top cargo carriers that meets those requirements.

the responses I gave addressed the context of the conversation. your list does not.

Except the big 3 are not in the top 10 cargo carriers, as you have claimed.
The exception is that AA is #10 in domestic scheduled freight tonnes km's.  No U.S. carrier is in the top 10 in international or domestic + international.

read it again and go a little more slowly this time.

if I had a dime for every time people on here stumbled over the word "IF" I would be a very rich man.

Perhaps you should read your own posts more slowly.

"and the big 3 are very much not only in the top 10 ..."  FALSE and you know it, especially after you spent the previous 3 pages mocking WN and their cargo ops and glorifying DL and their elegant cargo operations. 

".... but they are the top airlines if you want to ship with a US passenger carrier to/from/within the US"  THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.  Would AC be the top airline if you want to ship with a CANADIAN passenger carrier to/from/within Canada?

spin away

Once again gentlemen, "MORON ALERT!!!"  "IDIOT" "DA" However you wanna put it.  SWA was givin an award for cargo, and again congrats to the cargo folks at SWA for achieving and receiving said awards.  BTW, is Delta even on the list?  If so where are they at? And, yes, the 3 biggies are in fact not on the top 10 list provided except for AA at #10 for domestic.  And I also note that a customer of airline cargo posted that SWA is (in his opinion and experience) that SWA is number one and trucks after that.
Keep up the great work cargo folks.  Just more negative posts from the fraud man himself to try and make any airline, awarded any award, look much lower and less than Delta, what a dum a$$. Carry on folks...

Dog Wonder said:
Its a cargo award, and WN does provide a better domestic product and sells it better.
and like i said, airlines win awards all the time, that doesn't come remotely close to meaning anything to me. 

whatkindoffreshhell said:
Yes, I have researched and been a cargo client for 25 years.  I've spent tens of millions.  

I know the global cargo carriers and capabilities from a customer's perspective.

DL is not even top ten choice if you want to compare international widebody capabilities.

From a customer's persepctive.

Not your delusional ignorance.

And yeah, Southwest is by far the best domestic air option.  Then trucks.  
And there you have it, gang...

no, he/she doesn't have it and Frugal's comments further validate it.

if capacity has absolutely anything to do with being "best" or even being an option, every one of the big 3 serve more of the US than WN and they also serve every market in the us that WN serves and then more.

not a single carrier on the IATA top 10 list can serve the US domestic market as a passenger carrier - which is what WN does and what fresh says they are willing to consider when shipping.

WN won an award in a category that they serve which is more competitive with the US Post Office, UPS, and FedEx than with any non-US IATA carrier.

DOT statistics overwhelmingly say that even among US domestic carriers, AA, DL, and UA all serve more of the US domestic market than WN does and the USPS, UPS, and FedEx all serve far more than any US passenger airline.

nice feel good award but doesn't pass the sniff test for anything beyond that.

WorldTraveler said:
WN won an award in a category that they serve which is more competitive with the US Post Office, UPS, and FedEx than with any non-US IATA carrier.

nice feel good award but doesn't pass the sniff test for anything beyond that.

Wow, if anybody ever wondered what an angry, bitter, prejudiced and delusional individual would act like, well there you have it.

or perhaps they simply really won an award in a category where they are one of the smallest players and passenger airline operated air cargo isn't even close to being the dominant means of domestic transport.

WorldTraveler said:
there is no spin.... you just can't read.

whatkindof says that WN is their preferred shipper which means they are shipping within the US because WN does not fly outside of the US.

Yes, take your own advice skippy and re-read my post.  We are now a billion-dollar company.  The great majority of our business is international cargo.  DL is not a top-ten option there.  Domestically if the cargo must go via air the first place we're checking is WN. Then trucks. Maybe even the bus.

You are sad and comical for continuing to imply you know something more about this topic.  You are embarrassing yourself and DL.  

then WN doesn't compete in that business if you are into int'l cargo.

and to/from the US, every one of the big 3 offers more cargo capacity and more destinations to every corner of the globe better than WN does.

there isn't a single carrier on IATA's top ten less that viably serves more than one direction from the US. every one of the big 3 serves all global regions. Big chunks fall off the list if you ship in only one direction. No Asian carrier is going to compete in the US to Europe cargo market via Asia. No European carrier is going to compete in the US-Latin America market on a price competitive basis.

You are free to tell me what your business practices are but if you tell me that you will consider booking WN but not the big 3, then I can tell absolutely assure you are not making rational economically driven decisions unless WN is willing to give you prices which other carriers simply will not honor.

you may be motivated by WN loyalty that might be attached to your passenger business with them but you are not competing with any carrier on the IATA top 10 list on that same basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.