Congrats UA Employees-Record UA Performance!!

UnitedChicago

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
In between trading barbs...here''s some great news. Congrats fine UA employees!!
United Airlines Leads Airline Performance Rankings; Airline Sets
Record Over the Holiday Weekend
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 2002--United Airlines (NYSE:UAL) continued a year-long trend of operational excellence by placing first in the latest Department of Transportation (DOT) statistics for on-time performance and for completing 99.6 percent of its scheduled flights in October.
United also set a record yesterday (Sunday, Dec. 1, 2002) by having 90.5 percent of its seats filled, carrying more than a quarter-of-a-million passengers.
Compared to 2001, United moved up from ninth place to first in on-time arrivals, with nearly 90 percent of its flights in October arriving within 14 minutes of schedule - the measure used by the DOT to calculate on-time performance. United also posted the fewest cancellations in the industry. In addition, the company''s mishandled bag rate per 1,000 customers was near the top of the industry, bumping the airline up from eighth place last year to fourth.
Despite the challenges that our airline faces, our employees continue to put the customer first and that''s clearly evident in the DOT statistics, said Pete McDonald, United executive vice president-Operations. Our employees should be very proud that we''ve been able to pass all of our competitors and give our customers the kind of dependability they expect from United.
No matter which course our recovery takes it will be business as usual at United. And that means that United Airlines and its employees will continue to give our customers the best possible travel experience in the industry, he continued.
News releases and other information about United Airlines can be found at the company''s website, www.united.com.

Well then , maybe you are jumping the gun on concessions! The turnaround may be closer than you think.

I just spent 5 days flying and it seems everyone is finally figureing out we are all on the same team. Even the usually grumpy stations like PHX. Things Ive noticed: R&D mechs actually standing outside at the gate when I arrive to marshall, smiling gate agents, flight attendants that seem to be concerned when the airplane is not full, pilots occasionally smiling when system works. Keep it up gang, the cusotmer notices this stuff.

Thank you UnitedChicago!!! Its a pleasure to have compliments from customers at last. Ditto, Oldpilot.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/2/2002 8:25:02 PM UnitedChicago wrote:

It's been truly a pleasure to fly on United this year. I've noticed an incredible team effort. Great job!............

Glad you've seen a team effort.

Your passengers haven't.

TripConfirmed:

I am a Premier Exec at United. I am a customer. I have noticed a SUBSTANTIAL team effort at United. They are a pleasure to fly. They will continue to get my business. Period.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/5/2002 9:12:01 PM Trip Confirmed wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/2/2002 8:25:02 PM UnitedChicago wrote: [BR][BR]It's been truly a pleasure to fly on United this year. I've noticed an incredible team effort. Great job!............[BR][BR][BR]Glad you've seen a team effort.[BR][BR]Your passengers haven't.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I believe UnitedChicago IS a passenger from his posts. [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]