Turmoil On Radar For Ual Alliance

US Airways had better get its operational head out of it's arse or it won't matter whether they are in the Star Alliance or not.

International Travelers whether for business or pleasure will NOT tolerate the crapola that goes on now particularly in PHL. They will just book away on UA. So instead of taking MUC to PHL to say MCI they will take LH to ORD then ORD via UA to MCI and bingo no US Airways. Who needs the grief?

If US gets its house in order the Star Alliance could be a thing of beauty for much of the world. NO ONE Blankets the East coast like US. Think of all the places you can get to in the east with only one stop on US? The company needs to make operations the number 1 priority. If they do alotta cost issues take care of themselves.

Well, his name is Doug Parker and the home office is Tempe, AZ....or as I like to call it the TEMPO.

You and others can no longer put the blame on CCY. There's a new sheriff in town and he resides in the west. :ph34r:

QUOTE(USA320Pilot @ Nov 6 2005, 08:33 PM)
[USA320Pilot comments: Do not be surprised if US Airways is involved in another corporate transaction and scraps the United domestic alliance in the not-to-distant future. Moroever, with the new pilot transition agreement permits US Airways to add EMB-190s to the mainline in addition to the current fleet count, US Airways crews to fly one Hawaiian trip per day, and America West crews to fly two European crews per day. I believe the America West crews will fly Shannon and Dublin off-season service in B757 ETOPS aircraft and we could see more widebody's on the property sooner than the publicly announced new A330 order.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

As 737's and Airbus’s leave the property; outsourced Embraers and CRJ’s 86 seat CRJ-900 wil take a lot of mainline jobs.

Regional carriers are ready to slit mainline pilots throats and undercut pilot pay to fly the "jets" .The EMB190 mainline pilots get the flying "in house" but at the very same time the mainline pilots give the company 86 seat 93 CRJ900 outsourced aircraft. Why the heck would they buy the darn things to start with?

Sigh ... :wacko: someone :wacko: has decided to come out of the woodwork and the first thing they do is start a thread about United. What a :shock:! It must be torture to live a life constantly Jonesing about United, what might have been, and desperately wanting anyone to believe any fable and fiction they'd pen just by underlining the word strongly.

:lol: History Assignment - Read Chapter 320, entitled: "Past Track Record". :lol:

Super secret handshake, anyone? ;)

As far as US being kicked out of STAR is concerned, remember that AC is an investor, and LH has given support as well. They want US in, and will outweigh UA.
Just because US has a western operation doesn't mean the need to terminate the UA codeshare. The benefits to both airlines and to STAR in general are significant. UA is still the Best to Asia and they offer a lot of potential into South America (why they don't go after AA amazes me, they did p/up the former Pan Am's routes). We carry alot of UAL's customers throughout the SE and in the Caribbean and along the East Coast, and UA takes care of our people in the Midwest and in the West. Hopefully this partnership continues!

I hope it adds up to be enough to outweigh United. But then again, UAL could get themselves kicked-out, depending on how they handle themselves over the next year...

Everyone has conveniently overlooked the fact United is one of the founding members of the Star Alliance, if they were going to get booted out of Star it would have happened already.

Don't delude yourselves into thinking United Airlines would be removed from Star in favor of US Airways.

Sigh ... :wacko: someone :wacko: has decided to come out of the woodwork and the first thing they do is start a thread about United. What a :shock:! It must be torture to live a life constantly Jonesing about United, what might have been, and desperately wanting anyone to believe any fable and fiction they'd pen just by underlining the word strongly.

:lol: History Assignment - Read Chapter 320, entitled: "Past Track Record". :lol:

Super secret handshake, anyone? ;)

You are so correct Lark. the problem most of the UAL employees have is not that U is recovering, we welcome that :up: , it's the negative spin that has to be put on any U success as a big negative for UAL. It's like inviting someone over dinner and having them hit on your wife... TACKY.

I'm sure if it was announced that U would liquidate tomorrow, you know who would start a thread ranting about the negative effect it was going to have on UAL's revenue... :rolleyes:

No, UA will never be kicked out of Star, pretty stupid thougth, actually.

But, as for US, don't forget that UA is US's sponsor. Being in STAR is not a GIVEN for\
the new US. UA does indeed have a major say in US staying in STAR.

There are still advantages for both airlines to maintain the codeshare, but the codeshare
needs now to be tweaked to accomodate our new route structure. We need to eliminate
the overlapping routes. I think the alliance will stay intact, just a revised version.

There are still advantages for both airlines to maintain the codeshare, but the codeshare
needs now to be tweaked to accomodate our new route structure. We need to eliminate
the overlapping routes. I think the alliance will stay intact, just a revised version.

EXACTLY!

Now enough with the drama about who's getting booted in favor of whom.

I don't think Fly is down on US Airways. I think frankly her posts reflect a stark reality that US may face in the months ahead. I don't think cancelling the code share is in anybodys best interest at this time. But who is to say a year from now?

IF (and its a big if) United can ink a codeshare pact with CO, or even Delta, US Airways would be out of the Star Alliance before you could say Stephen M. Wolf.

You are so correct. There's actually a lot of support out there for US to be in Star.

And ACE Aviation, the investor group that owns AC, is mostly from Singapore and Singapore Airlines is also in the Star Alliance.

:up:

I hope it adds up to be enough to outweigh United. But then again, UAL could get themselves kicked-out, depending on how they handle themselves over the next year...

Nothing can outweigh United's will in this case - the virtues of being US' membership sponsor, as well as a founding member of the alliance with a vote that can singularly kill any new US Airways Star membership plan, given United the bargaining power on this one.

One thing everyone seems to be overlooking is the
Star Alliance is a full fledge company......The have a corporate setup
and are based in Frankfort. the "STAR" started out as just a codeshare
and evoled slowly to better serve all members it is now independent.....

No one airline controls it, the UAL-LCC codeshare is a totally different issue
granted UAL sponsored US into the "STAR" but US paid a high fee to join..
from what i understand US is a member of the Star Alliance and there is no
NEW plan for it.

everyone needs to remember a code share and Star Alliance Membership are
TWO very different things.

JUST THINK if the Star Alliance had a say in the mergers/individual airline bussiness
it would have NEVER passed the dept of justice Antitrust laws
(granted some strings for service, a/c livery, advertising ect )

I think we need the "Star" because it makes the airline more Global, i.e to Australia and Asia, plus people will fly europe to Australia via the states if its cheaper than going east.. The Star Alliance is a good thing, maybe a smaller code share with UA for markets not served by the new u.s..

Plus USA 320 Pilot has this been agreed or in the process......

with the new pilot transition agreement permits US Airways to add EMB-190s to the mainline in addition to the current fleet count, US Airways crews to fly one Hawaiian trip per day, and America West crews to fly two European crews per day. I believe the America West crews will fly Shannon and Dublin off-season service in B757 ETOPS aircraft and we could see more widebody's on the property sooner than the publicly announced new A330 order.

Thanks

Best of luck to UA , DL, NW in BK, it aint easy..

I have heard of the SNN DUB off season 757 etops.. but i believe
they will announce 2 new european seasonal routes??? anyone heard???

Not anything specific, but I have heard from our Sr. Mgr in PHX to expect to see the International department expand over the next year or so. He said he couldn't tell me anymore than that...

Not anything specific, but I have heard from our Sr. Mgr in PHX to expect to see the International department expand over the next year or so. He said he couldn't tell me anymore than that...

Interesting, thanks for that.. Maybe something might be announced on tmrws Webcast?