Continental held merger talks with American

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL) has held merger discussion with AMR (NYSE:AMR) , parent of American Airlines, in addition to its previously reported talks with United Airlines.

People familiar with the matter described Continental's talks with AMR as preliminary and said the airline was not close to an agreement with United.

Continental and AMR both declined to comment.

http://us.ft.com/ftgateway/superpage.ft?ne...id=yahoofinance

Continental Airlines (NYSE:CAL) has held merger discussion with AMR (NYSE:AMR) , parent of American Airlines, in addition to its previously reported talks with United Airlines.

People familiar with the matter described Continental's talks with AMR as preliminary and said the airline was not close to an agreement with United.

Continental and AMR both declined to comment.

http://us.ft.com/ftgateway/superpage.ft?ne...id=yahoofinance

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"WHAT..........OH DEAR.........OH NO" :shock:

GroundedBoricua..................Dear Lord, SAY IT ISN'T SO................!!!!

Let me get this straight, ............Continental, and Larry Kellner...Contacted(like in "sought out the LION") AMERICAN, for a........"discussion" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good GOD,................tell me it's NOT TRUE.....GroundedBoricua !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"WHAT..........OH DEAR.........OH NO" :shock:

GroundedBoricua..................Dear Lord, SAY IT ISN'T SO................!!!!

Let me get this straight, ............Continental, and Larry Kellner...Contacted(like in "sought out the LION") AMERICAN, for a........"discussion" :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good GOD,................tell me it's NOT TRUE.....GroundedBoricua !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey smart ass did you read the whole article? I guess you didn't.

"conventional wisdom was American's status as the world's largest airline made any proposed deal a tough sell to antitrust regulators.
American and its pilots also appear far from an agreement on a new contract. A testy relationship with organised labour may make it impossible to secure support for a merger and leaders of the pilots' union have said they would be against such a move."

I didn't put the whole thing here, but I put two paragraphs so you can read on. You, AA, and Larry can talk all yous like, but is the deal going to be sealed, don't think so.

And as for me having airline ignorance, maybe, but you pendejo, is just plain ignorant.

Hey smart ass did you read the whole article? I guess you didn't.

"conventional wisdom was American's status as the world's largest airline made any proposed deal a tough sell to antitrust regulators.
American and its pilots also appear far from an agreement on a new contract. A testy relationship with organised labour may make it impossible to secure support for a merger and leaders of the pilots' union have said they would be against such a move."

I didn't put the whole thing here, but I put two paragraphs so you can read on. You, AA, and Larry can talk all yous like, but is the deal going to be sealed, don't think so.

And as for me having airline ignorance, maybe, but you pendejo, is just plain ignorant.

Bad spelling, but you'll catch my drift.

Bete para el chaho....cabron/maricon

Bad spelling, but you'll catch my drift.

Bete para el chaho....cabron/maricon

BOO HOO HOO I hurt your feelings little osito pendejo? Why don't you respond to the issue we have here and not have a cursing match here with me cause you know I got you beaten on that. Its gonna take a lot more than that to piss me off. Try harder next to stay focused on the subject in hand. And if you must try to insult me because that is all you are capable of, do a better job, ohh and do it in english if you are not willing to translate for everyone to understand.

BOO HOO HOO I hurt your feelings little osito pendejo? Why don't you respond to the issue we have here and not have a cursing match here with me cause you know I got you beaten on that. Its gonna take a lot more than that to piss me off. Try harder next to stay focused on the subject in hand. And if you must try to insult me because that is all you are capable of, do a better job, ohh and do it in english if you are not willing to translate for everyone to understand.

Oh keep the hole shut.

Ola............. :down: Dominicano :down:

YOUR the one that FIRST open up the LATIN dictionary,......NOT ME...(Stupido) !!

CO merge with AA?? Ha, that's a joke. Neither one of them would bring anything new to the table. Except some flights to Asia that AA doesn't have, they both overlap. Besides why would CO want to affiliate with sky Nazi's? spin again.

Ola............. :down: Dominicano :down:

YOUR the one that FIRST open up the LATIN dictionary,......NOT ME...(Stupido) !!

Hey as :censored: e, at least I open things that are usefull, all you open are nasty nickelbags. And just to show you how ignorant you are I'm BORICUA, not dominican. I don't have anything against domincans, just wanted to show everyone how f :censored: n stupid you are :rant: .Look at my avatar and nick, ohh wait the pot smoke covers you screen :wacko:

P.S. I'm not a book writer, so I really can give a rats ass about my spelling. At least I have my head on my shoulders and not up where the sun don't shine. Figure that one out.

Hey as :censored: e, at least I open things that are usefull, all you open are nasty nickelbags. And just to show you how ignorant you are I'm BORICUA, not dominican. I don't have anything against domincans, just wanted to show everyone how f :censored: n stupid you are :rant: .Look at my avatar and nick, ohh wait the pot smoke covers you screen :wacko:

P.S. I'm not a book writer, so I really can give a rats ass about my spelling. At least I have my head on my shoulders and not up where the sun don't shine. Figure that one out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fair enough Borican'o.
Seriously, are you Taino ??
My best friend is from Mayaguez !!

No more name calling, I promise........Amigo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, now to talk business.

AA admitted today, that they've been talking to their pilots and F/A's, while being under a self Imposed GAG order, while they discuss merger scenaro's, plus you know that they have talked to CO.

I've got a close friend, who TRUST me, is in the "know" with UAL(very much in the know).
He tells me, that UAL is in DEEP Internal termoil at present.
With that said, I don't see a class, successful outfit like CO, wanting ANY KIND of UAL's troubles !

It's your decision "grounded", but you may want to keep your eyes/ears open, cause it's looking/sounding more and more(YES the info is very slowly trickling out), that it will be CO and AA doing the "Bachata"(SP?) on the dance floor !

Peace !

Latest posts