Continental To Hire New Flight Attendants

Another possibility...

CO may decide to do one or more "proving runs" on the route a few days before the official inaugural flight. They could ferry over the first few days return crews to "prime the pump."

I assume CO flies to NRT from EWR, if so they can deadhead on that flight a couple days before and then on to PEK from NRT on another airline. AA does it everytime they start or restart a flight. I deadheaded with an entire 767 crew on BA last month from LHR to FCO to start Rome up again. CO wouldn't just let that airplane sit in PEK for 24 hours just so a crew could rest. That isn't very efficient.

HKG-EWR does not run every day so, you might see a crew dead head over on a the HKG fight ( :up: pilots in BF and the F/A in coach center seats :up: ) then pick up the airplane on the day HKG-EWR does not run, re-position to PEK and start from there.

IORFA said:
I assume CO flies to NRT from EWR, if so they can deadhead on that flight a couple days before and then on to PEK from NRT on another airline.
[post="260351"][/post]​

See, that's why they pay you the big bucks. You're the idea person! :lol: Even I knew that CO already has a codeshare to PEK with All Nippon (I think) through NRT. Didn't even think of that as a way to position the first couple of return crews.

You don't need a codeshare with an airline, they can just buy tickets. That is what AA did for us from LHR to FCO. Cost them a pretty penny to get us all there. About $5,500 for the entire crew.

Latest posts