Conversion to Amadeus Reservations System

No, you are not taking the point at all. US Airways DOES NOT have a First Class product on transatlantic flights. It has Economy Class, and Envoy Class, which is a BUSINESS CLASS product.
Agree, my point is yours, we do not have a first class product and we are the minority in the star alliance and try to pass our product off as a hybrid

Back to the original topic, from this week's About US, there are no plans to adopt Amadeus as the res platform--they are quite clear that they are not required to do so nor do they have plans to do so.

I do hear persistent rumors about Worldspan though--with and without a NW merger attached.

Back to the last topic, though, US is the only Star Alliance member with NO class service however....

I can only hope and pray the Tempe sees the error of their ways with this worthless qik/shares and gets us on real res system whether it is Worldspan, Amadeus or a return to Sabre. They say we need to address OT performance , missed bags and complaints. 2 of the 3 are the direct result of having a less than adequate res system.

...EVERYTHING the Sandcastle has done has been with a Nickle & Dime, the "Do-Over" approach. This is another example of the high cost of cheap coupled with the well documented "Price of everything, value of nothing" mentality that permeates every Sandcastle purchasing decision.

Piney -

You hit the bullseye. Doogie, as well as previous managers, never understood the concept of the "high cost of cheap" as you so elegantly put it. Even in the Colodny/Schofield days it would astound us old Piedmonsters how USAir would sprint past a $20 bill on the ground to dive to pick up a nickel.

They should change the stock symbol from LCC to HCC for "High Cost of Cheap." That really says it all about this airline with its quickly rising costs and just as quickly falling service.

Latest posts

Back