US Airways partly blames legacy systems for March glitch

And this is exactly what we told "them" over a year ago. We begged and pleaded because we knew this was going to happen; we were going to implode. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN AND WILL NEVER ADMIT THEY MADE A MISTAKE.
Ok, then if it is truly this serious, it is only a matter of time before painful losses ensue, and job security is once again a fleeting memory. Time will tell. Instead of complaining on deaf ears, we should all make sure we have a healthy "plan B" to fall back on. Seriously.

Shares as a system isn't bad. It's the same platform CO uses, and I wouldn't consider them a substandard carrier.
QIK over Shares is a big problem. All legacy systems give their agents the ability to switch from their overlay to command codes. The new USAirways has this option but elects to only allow a very select few to do this. It is hard to make it thru the day with out having to use this option. The new USAirways knows native SHARES has to be accessed to get the job done but does not allow the front line agents access to do there job. WHY?

From the policies and procedures in place with the old HP, our best guess is they dont trust their $7/hr employee to do things correctly or legally. There is such tight control over items that on the East we have at our disposal to do our job and we just do it, that it makes it seem like they dont believe their employees can handle doing their job without ripping off the joint. This makes things time consuming and actually hampers the agents ability to work. (Anyone have to log out/in HTMs or any other paper docs yet?) Also, they dont seem interested in investing any more time or money in employees than getting them to know basic checkin and ticketing, hence the QIK system works fine for this most of the time. If you're asking to learn anything more than these two functions, you've been here too long. :ph34r:

The discussions I had took on a slightly different tone. They gave me some additional information which actually made sense. I do not recall the specifics, but it had to to with the interface which was used to bridge the two systems--that certain functions were inadvertently left out of the final version (something like that).

All I can say is they are acutely aware of it, and are working 24/7 to resolve it and make things easier.

This doesn't let them off the hook, but it is a small consolation that they are aware of it. That said, I repeated that it should have not been cut over until all these things were fixed.

Stay tuned....

Hey Art -- did you have an involuntary medical procedure performed during your visit to Tempe?

Christ should've included 'employee resistance' whilst blaming old computer products for the meltdown.

Is anybody happy at USAir?

Used to be...very very happy. However, when you are dealing with young Turks who have been in this industry for only a few years and know all the answers and will not listen to employees that have been here for decades, then we have a BIG problem. Believe me, we feel your frustration because we are frustrated ourselves. When you can turn a full 757 on a dime using Sabre and now you can barely get a flight booked to 40 out, it's exhausting and embarrassing.

THEY DON'T CARE, BOTTOM LINE. THEY READ THE THREADS, THEY LISTEN TO THE COMPLAINTS FROM PASSENGERS AND FRONT LINE EMPLOYEE GROUPS. THEY DON'T CARE. NOTHING WILL CHANGE.