Cost Neutral Cost Does NOT include MGMT

The only comparison I've made is between the two standards.

"Industry standard" seems to mean one thing for the execs - as much as they can get - and another for the workers - is there anyone who'll do it for less.

"Cost neutral" means one thing for the execs - how much can they get - and another for the workers - no spare change left over.

As far as Parker managing "a process", how successful would he have been without over $2 billion per year in concessions from East employees? Not much to liquidate without that, is there? Yet you give us workers no credit what-so-ever. We're just whiners.

Call me old fashioned, but I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I did what 99+% of executives in this country routinely do - take all they can for themselves while taking all they can from their employees.

On that we obviously differ.....

Jim

I never said you don't deserve it and shouldn't negotiate it - I just think comparing your situation to that of an individual senior exec does nothing but stir the pot.

Even with everything else you said, Senior managment getting raises before rank and file, in the companies present condition is, 'stirring the pot' to the employees.
It is untimely and unfortunate. Understandably, it creates ill will between the groups. It further disassociates the rank from management. It is a dark contrast from the attempt to unite twards a common goal. The appearence is, once again, non comprehension by management on a simple concept. Or mismanagement.

Oh...you are fix'n to see the pot stirred! Run pigs, we are coming after you and your dogs can't stop us! This whole mess is part of a co-ordinated effort to return to feudalism. Rid us of the Middle Class and go back to serfs and lords. Why do you think niether political party is doing anything about illegal immigration? It imports serfdom from south of the border, where, there never was a Middle Class; they have the last vestages of feudalism in old Mexico. Why are we seeing the destruction of American Values? They are Middle Class values. Serfs don't have values, they just live day to day and survive at the "will of their lords". The pigs are feeling that they can begin to exert their new found power, only they have shown their holves a little too early. What we are seeing here at LCC is a microcosim of the effort of the elites to re-exert their power and return us to the "good old days" prior to the American and French Revolutions. This is the same old struggle of the ages. Stand up and be counted or live by the will of your lords. Tell the pig Doug NO!!! Rampers, agents, dispatchers, mechanics, flight attendants, pilots, all, will not stand for his elitist attitude and we want a fair and equitable wage; commensurate with an airline making the second highest profits in the industry. Fair is fair! Nothing more, nothing less!

This sounds just about right for the president position at a company the size of US Airways. In other industries, this would be low, and after a couple of years (assuming US Airways stays on the same relatively positive track) he could probably jump ship and make twice that somewhere else.

Indeed?

Before carriers abused the BK courts to shred contracts, employees could have made the same arguement - we're getting paid the industry standard. Parity plus one, anyone?

What Jim says is right - there is a double standard - management does not expose themselves to the market forces they expose employees to.

And autofixer!

Word up! :up:

Well, last year the CEO and President's combined salary was $550,000 - Parker wore both hats.

I can't find Parker's salary now that he is "only" CEO, but doubt it's less than last year. Add Kirby's salary as President, and the two positions combined pay over $1 million - nearly double last year.

Say what you want about BoeingBoy - but he always comes armed with the facts. :up:

Latest posts