"Cost neutral!"

No, from the part of the country with the "fine arts and cultural center" located NE of the city, bubba-stupid-ville. You know, the idiots who embraced the moron who was being paid by the company, the latter day carpet-bagger, Michael Glanzer.

Shouldn't have traded your tractor.......

Please explain the burning flag icon you have. What do you represent. Just asking.

Oh, I've got as big an ego as the next guy. Just always try to remember where I came from, though - a farm boy that traded the tractor for a plane.....

Jim

Boeing Boy,

I find that your posts are one of the most informative we have. You always back it with facts, yet you remain respectful to other opinions. I am serious about this and thank you for what you add to the posts.

This story was published on August 3, 1998.
------

What's this - another pilot picket line that the SCAB IAM and it's SCAB mechanics didn't honor......

What say you, pitguy? 700UW? 700IAM??

Jim

Jim--

During the 1998 pilot strike at NWA, the ALPA leadership asked the other unions on the property to continue to report to work (to do, well, not much). Their theory was that it would exert more financial pressure on the company.

Kevin--

Sorry I was out of town for the day. Yes, yes I wanna play!

One question.... I have never crossed one of your picket lines or attempted to work against any pilot job action. However I was on strike in October 1992 at U.

Did you cross my picket line?????

I have never crossed one of your picket lines or attempted to work against any pilot job action.

Since there has never been an ALPA strike at US Airways/USAir/Allegheny as far as I can tell, nor one by any union other the IAM, don't pat yourself on the back too hard......

Did you cross my picket line?????

As I had no legal right not to, and contrary to 700UW's off-repeated assertions my airplane at the time was still being operated, I had little choice. Just like all the members of the various IAM units that have crossed ALPA picket lines over the years.

So if you want to throw around the "SCAB" label so freely, perhaps you should start with your own union and fellow IAM members (or former union and former IAM brothers). One who lives in a pigpen can ill afford to complain about some dust in other's homes.....

Jim

No Jim, I will pat myself on my back. I have never ever crossed anyone's picket line anywhere. I mean anywhere. I noticed you did not answer the question. I suspect there may be more than one picket line you have crossed. I agree that the IAM is a SCAB union and have said so on these very boards for what they have done at Northwest. Please do not down play ALPA's action at U when they crossed the picket line or just blame it all on your union. I clearly remember no uprising of pilots against their union saying they disagreed with them taking the pay off to cross. The far majority of pilots did cross, relocate jets for the company, and make no attempt to hinder the company in any way. Ever wonder why your cockpit received very little maintenance over the years? Please do not try to bring me down and act like I am a SCAB like the pilots. I sick part of me has this pent up unhealthy hatred of SCAB pilots and I am not alone. I hope all of you SCABS continue to get a beating. Very few of you deserve any more. Just a couple more questions which you may not answer. When you crossed the mechanic’s line how did it make you feel? …and… What did you do when you crossed? Did you gripe to your union, walk the picket line with the IAM, make log book write ups, or help the company since you took their incentives to cross?

(P.S. - I can't play any more until Monday.)

Jim,

I wouldn't even bother to continue the "dialogue" with PITGUY. Once a PITGUY always a PITGUY.

When I crossed the IAM picket line to fly I felt bad because I felt the actual licensed mechanics deserved what they were asking for. The fact that unskilled workers represented by IAM were coat-tailing in at sky high compensation for their jobs and that A&P Mechanics were required to receive and dispatch airliners was another matter entirely.

No Jim, I will pat myself on my back. I have never ever crossed anyone's picket line anywhere. I mean anywhere. I noticed you did not answer the question. I suspect there may be more than one picket line you have crossed. I agree that the IAM is a SCAB union and have said so on these very boards for what they have done at Northwest. Please do not down play ALPA's action at U when they crossed the picket line or just blame it all on your union. I clearly remember no uprising of pilots against their union saying they disagreed with them taking the pay off to cross. The far majority of pilots did cross, relocate jets for the company, and make no attempt to hinder the company in any way. Ever wonder why your cockpit received very little maintenance over the years? Please do not try to bring me down and act like I am a SCAB like the pilots. I sick part of me has this pent up unhealthy hatred of SCAB pilots and I am not alone. I hope all of you SCABS continue to get a beating. Very few of you deserve any more. Just a couple more questions which you may not answer. When you crossed the mechanic’s line how did it make you feel? …and… What did you do when you crossed? Did you gripe to your union, walk the picket line with the IAM, make log book write ups, or help the company since you took their incentives to cross?

(P.S. - I can't play any more until Monday.)

"Ever wonder why your cockpit received very little maintenance over the years?"

I have worked with many mechanics in my time, they have been nothing but professional and put attitudes aside for safety. They have a great responsibility when they sign off a bird. I am glad you are out of this business, because your extreme envy, for what reason I do not know, would have caused an incident eventually.

Who said I am out of the business?

What I said about your cockpit not getting maintenance was it was not cosmetically maintained and was not referring to safety wise. Moron!

Now step up and admit what you did during the strike in 1992. Answer these questions unless you are too ashamed.

-Did YOU cross the picket line?

-What did YOU do once you crossed?

-Did YOU do anything to support the striker? Complain to your union?

-Did YOU hinder the strikers?

-How did it make YOU feel when you crossed the picket line?

-What incentives did YOU receive to cross the picket line?

Please do not try to pretend you are anything more than a self serving P.O.S.

Who said I am out of the business?
What I said about your cockpit not getting maintenance was it was not cosmetically maintained and was not referring to safety wise. Moron!
Now step up and admit what you did during the strike in 1992. Answer these questions unless you are too ashamed.
-Did YOU cross the picket line?
-What did YOU do once you crossed?
-Did YOU do anything to support the striker? Complain to your union?
-Did YOU hinder the strikers?
-How did it make YOU feel when you crossed the picket line?
-What incentives did YOU receive to cross the picket line?
Please do not try to pretend you are anything more than a self serving P.O.S.

BoeingBoy explained the faults in your thinking in previous post.

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo."
- H. G. Wells (1866-1946)

The pilots are still a long way from food stamps. But they are experiencing considerable economic stress as a result of the big pay cuts, says Jerry Glass, a veteran labor contract negotiator and consultant to airline managements at F&H Solutions Group in Washington, D.C.

"Everybody lives at their means, or a little beyond," says Glass, who was senior vice president of labor relations at US Airways from 2003 to 2005. "So a $40,000- or $50,000-a-year pay cut for a captain making $150,000 a year is very painful."

But Glass says it's too early for labor to expect a return on what workers view as the "investments" they made in their carriers by taking pay and benefit cuts. The industry, after all, lost more than $40 billion from late 2000 through the first quarter this year.

Says Glass: "We've had exactly one quarter of profitability. Come back next year at this time, or the year after that, and if the airlines have ... sustained profitability, that argument will be a lot stronger." The airlines, he adds, are "only one terrorist event or one oil spike from being right back where we were."
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/200...abor-usat_x.htm

What is the pig Glass making and how much less is he making than he made prior to bankruptcy? What is our pig management giving to ensure we can withstand another economic blow? The pig Doug should give back his $5,000,000 + salary (The highest in the industry in 2005) since he excercise over $9,000,000 in stock options and obviously he (the chief pig) should experience the "pain" that the pig Glass expects us plebs to continue to feel. Your day is coming pigs, just re-read _Animal Farm_.

Back