Could There Be Another Merger/buyout?

The domestic industry is unprofitable and shrinking. Why would AA want a bigger piece of a shrinking pie? I think AA is much more concerned with growing its cash balance and retiring some of its debt right now. The only way that AA would combine with another carrier is if someone bought out AA for the express purpose of consolidating airlines.

If i were an Alaska employee i'd be very concerned about how AA does their seniority list. I. E. TWA.

:down:

• Banned
skyflyr69 said:
If i were an Alaska employee i'd be very concerned about how AA does their seniority list. I. E. TWA.

[post="266821"][/post]​
<_< Point well taken!!!!Signed: Just one of a.a.'s redheaded stepchildren!"

Be careful what you ask for. I suspect Alaska has a larger market cap than AA. It might be Alaska buying AA

mrman said:
Be careful what you ask for. I suspect Alaska has a larger market cap than AA. It might be Alaska buying AA
[post="266899"][/post]​

I would have thought so, but the reality is that Alaska Air Group's market cap is only $731 million, while AMR's is $1.8 billion. AA's got more than enough cash in the bank to buy AS, but no need to do so with the extensive codeshare in place.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=alk&d=t

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=amr&d=t

No need to buy AS because AA will just dismantle it like they did to the other two west coast airlines they bought, AirCal and Reno Air.

skyflyr69 said:

[post="266821"][/post]​

The TWU would not be charitable toward AMFA members.

Wretched Wrench said:
The TWU would not be charitable toward AMFA members.
[post="267137"][/post]​

Why would they? The TWU is not very charitable towards their own members!

In 2003 they slashed benifits as much as they could because this way the loss of dues would be minimized. So while the members saw a 25% reduction in compensation, they only saw a 17.5% reduction in dues per member.

In order to make up for the reduction in dues the TWU eliminated the 80day IOD bank so they could sell their STD Insurance policy scam.

Despite all the cuts we took, the TWU kept their $3.1 million dollar payments from the company intact.

If a union treats their current members like this what makes you think they would treat any other members differently?

Back