Count them....10!

----------------
On 4/20/2003 8:11:29 PM geo1004 wrote:

RJ''s are better than props 100% of the time. No passenger will argue otherwise.

However, ATA, JetBlue, AirTran, and Southwest do not fly ANY RJ''s....

At some point you must offer something the other guys don''t because you sure as hell are not going to beat them on CASM''s????

----------------​

I disagree on both counts.

First of all, I''m a passenger and I don''t mind props at all.

Secondly, there is ATA Connection (Saab 340) and AirTran JetConnect (CRJ). JetBlue is a brand new airline. Southwest, on the other hand, is established and large, yet there are many small cities that Southwest will never serve as long as they use 737''s and require high frequency.

It is possible for an airline to serve all markets without any RJ''s. You use turboprops for the hub-small spoke routes. Since people are afraid of turboprops like it''s a plague or something, we have these damn RJ''s buzzing everywhere on longer and longer routes.

----------------
On 4/21/2003 7:40:42 AM Mike W wrote:

Hello,
The only station closings announced for the June schedule change were CLE ,MKE,and MDW.As you know MDW will now remain open.CLE and MKE are going mainline express.I don''t know about BTV or STL but MEM was closed, I believe, in February.The company refused to allow MEM to fall under the mainline express agreement. The IAM argued for it but US Airways said the closing was announced before the last extortion agreement had been ratified and it didn''t apply to them.----------------​

Checking in N*ATO VACANCY today showed PT C/S positions available in Mainline Express cities of BHM/BTV/MEM/SDF/STL

----------------
On 4/20/2003 6:20:02 PM a320av8r wrote:

Recently heard that...
The rumor I heard was...
The rumor is...

I wouldn''t get my panties in a knot until there are facts.

----------------​
don''t wear panties,sir..only starched fruit of the looms.

Since Brandnewsin1 works for PSA commuter in PIT, their rumor is probably half way true. What is really happening is that All PIT-ATL flying is going to be RJ's with Mesa Airlines and the rest of service (CLT+PHL) is still a mixture of RJ and ML flying. So ATL will remain a ML station for now.

Please note this is not fact, just my interpretation of this thread.......

----------------
On 4/22/2003 10:04:50 AM 4merresrat wrote:

Can someone explain the significance of the time clock you guys keep talking about. What does this mean. Thanks for clearing this up.

The clocks have always been a means for company to monitor employees abusing late shows, breaks and early goes......documentation is number one for the company to ''fire'' someone.....years ago many CLT emp. were ''fired'' when their parking lot exit times showed them leaving before their scheduled off times at work.....

In maintenance we have had a time clock for years. They are now going to use it I guess for customer service and ramp. Currently they have a timecard they fill out and that gets sent into payroll.

Basically it means no more scamming for them.

This is an excerpt from the Fleet Service restructured restructuring agreement concerning Mainline Express.

Attachment C

Mainline Express

The following provisions will be applicable for Mainline city closures as described below where the announcement of such closure is following the effective date of this agreement.

A. In the event that Mainline jet service in a non-hub station (CLT, PIT, and PHL are hub stations) is replaced entirely with Express service, and where Fleet Service employees perform the Express work, the Fleet Service employees in that location may continue to perform the Express work and shall be part of the Express classification group. In the event that a mainline location becomes an Express location as described above, such employees in seniority order may elect the Express positions. Any employee not electing an Express position or any employee not awarded an Express position due to the need for fewer employees and due to lack of seniority will be displaced under mainline rules.

B. Work rules and benefits for Express classification employees will be as provided for in the Mainline CBA including the restructuring modifications except as otherwise provided herein.

C. Express employees will:

· be entitled to movement of personal household effects in the event that such employees may be entitled to any relocation benefits (for FT employees only)

· be entitled to pension at 50% of a mainline employee

· be entitled to a maximum of 5 weeks of furlough benefits

D. Express Classification Pay Rates.
Topped out at 13.01hour

----------------
On 4/22/2003 10:16:38 AM LavMan wrote:

In maintenance we have had a time clock for years.  They are now going to use it I guess for customer service and ramp.  Currently they have a timecard they fill out and that gets sent into payroll.

Basically it means no more scamming for them.

----------------​

No more scamming? Sir, I resent that. I am a F/S agent and report to work early....and leave on time. Where I work there are no "early departures....only aircraft get that." I have punched a time clock before and welcome the opportunity to do it again if it come to it ( I hope it does).

Your "blanket" statement is not appreciated and is uncalled for...my union brother.

Mike W,

Yes, I remember that letter and did you notice all these closings are coming after the emergence from bankruptsy? Has Dave ever told us anything and kept his word, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Let''s all pray that Dave leaves soon. He got his concessions, the airline is going in the right direction.
Allegheny came along way. Dave is singlehandedly taking it back to it''s roots. Let''s dismantle Saddam''s(US Airways'' verion being Dave) regime before it dismantles US.

Sorry if this sounds stupid...but what is this "getting timeclocks"? I really don''t understand that lingo. Can someone please explain it? Thanks

Latest posts