CP has no seating benefits?!

USPHLElite

Advanced
Dec 17, 2006
Today I had 3 co-workers flying with me for an important meeting and of coarse our flight was delayed forcing me to make arrangments on another flight. I absolutely did not expect FC however when I went to the special services desk (The gate agent wouldn't help and the CP desk couldn't because it was too close to departure) They only had middle seats, ok it was a short flight anyway. So they gave me a seat in the 18th row then my co-workers who have no status went up to the agent individually and everyone was able to get closer to the front. I just don't get it, am I missing something? I surely would have expected to get in the first row with available seating? What happened to the days when they held back the first couple of rows for canceled flights & misconnects, I counted at least 18 seats open when we left phily.

...am I expecting too much? :blink:

Today I had 3 co-workers flying with me for an important meeting and of coarse our flight was delayed forcing me to make arrangments on another flight. I absolutely did not expect FC however when I went to the special services desk (The gate agent wouldn't help and the CP desk couldn't because it was too close to departure) They only had middle seats, ok it was a short flight anyway. So they gave me a seat in the 18th row then my co-workers who have no status went up to the agent individually and everyone was able to get closer to the front. I just don't get it, am I missing something? I surely would have expected to get in the first row with available seating? What happened to the days when they held back the first couple of rows for canceled flights & misconnects, I counted at least 18 seats open when we left phily.

...am I expecting too much? :blink:

Yes!!
We don't hold seats at the airport they may say they do but at the gate it's first come first serve

The computer probably automatically assigned you a seat instead of the agent asking for a specific seat upon checkin. It doesnt read status and just gives you one where it needs to to distribute the weight evenly. The agent should have been able to move you forward if there were seats available and you asked. If you did and they didnt, then I dont know why.
They do hold seats in the front of the plane for Preffered members, but on day of departure they are open for anyone so a last minute booking wont guarantee one of those seats still being there.

Something isn't right here. If indeed it is First Come, First Served then the OP/CP should have a choice closer to the front or an aisle if available.

What am I missing?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... you might be missing the 30,000 employees that made about 40% more than the ones now. :lol:

Seems like you should have gotten a little more help though. B)

I don't know how this SHARES thing goes but I have to ask, Why do I constantly see folks in f/c with dividend next to their names while I see the list of Chairmans, Gold or Platinum in the back. It has happened on almost every leg of the trip I'm currently on. Is there an honest reason for this and do the Chairmans/platinums know this as they sit in a full coach 757 cabin?

There could be many reasons for this. The DM member could have purchased the seat in FC outright. The DM member could be a companion of one of the CHMR/PLT/GLD/SLV members listed in FC (they get to upgrade one). The DM member could be on an award ticket for FC. Or they could have been upgraded GoFirst. Each one is going to be different so without a manifest and being able to look at each record individually, you cant assume they were all "put there" ahead of the other Preferred customers.

There could be many reasons for this. The DM member could have purchased the seat in FC outright. The DM member could be a companion of one of the CHMR/PLT/GLD/SLV members listed in FC (they get to upgrade one). The DM member could be on an award ticket for FC. Or they could have been upgraded GoFirst.

Aren't elite FFs to be upgraded before GoFirst is offered to non-elites?

Yes!!
We don't hold seats at the airport they may say they do but at the gate it's first come first serve

Maybe you don't, but I know people who do. Many find it prudent to block a few seats just in case a special problem arises example: CP needs reassignment, tall guy needs exit row, mom needs to be with her 3 year old. Ask yourself which is going to make your day better? You want to give out every seat and stand and listen to disgruntled passengers or be able to accomodate someone who may actually think they are being treated descent and it just may give them second thoughts when choosing an airline for their next flight.

Aren't elite FFs to be upgraded before GoFirst is offered to non-elites?
Yes, but if there are seats available 30 hours out and no more Preferreds to upgrade, rez will sell the seats. Now Mr Plat books 10 hours out and the seat is taken. Hence, you end up with non Preferreds in FC while Preferreds are in coach.

WOW what a great system. If I were a FF that would sure make ME wanna stay. :rolleyes:

As a CP who purchases tickets the day of departure, I have sat in the back more this year than the last ten years combined.

Further proof they don't want the high fare business traveler, and about 1/2 of my business will go elsewhere this year unless they change this policy and follow through on their promise of upgrades to the service.

FF flyers the dumb system that parker unleashed is worthless. to all those westerners who work the shares
system, answer this question how manys weeks of training
did you have to work shares. I'll bet you it was not 3 days
this system needs to go, they don't listen the employees
maybe they will listen to our ffer's

To all you ffer's that keep me working I thank you
if it wasn't for you die hards US would not be here
you check in at one of my gates in phl you will get
the service you deserve.

Phlagent is correct with this "greased pig", it doesn't work. We have had what 12 weeks of this on the job training disaster and it still doesn't work. Is like one of those arubix cubes, you just keep trying and trying and trying and the colors don't match.

Left from Pit today, they couldn't get my boarding pass out at the gate, then they give me a gate pass, then the gate can't check me in. Fortunately they had one seat left and I got on. Those poor gate agents were exhausted !

The system sucks in plain english, we need help and its not going to happen. Do you think they call us all "SLUGS" in their meetings? We feel like slugs.

All of you need to realize that the company doesn’t care about us so why should any of us go out on limb for any of you. Sad to say but true.

Order of importance
1. Go First….it rewards me
2. Aisle or window …doesn’t matter who just matters the mood I’m in.
3. Go First……it rewards me.
4. Go First…... it rewards me.

Now that I think about it number 2 needs to be moved down to number 4.

NOBODY CARES