CR could you please move me from a middle seat

USPHLElite

Advanced
Dec 17, 2006
on my companies travel system I was not able to select a seat so I called the CP desk and asked them if there were any other seats availble, the CR said would you like a window seat in the emergency exit? But of coarse I replied. I am sorry sir, I see it open but this new system I am using will not let me put you in the window seat, try at the airport :down:

on my companies travel system I was not able to select a seat so I called the CP desk and asked them if there were any other seats availble, the CR said would you like a window seat in the emergency exit? But of coarse I replied. I am sorry sir, I see it open but this new system I am using will not let me put you in the window seat, try at the airport :down:

This is a "problematic" glitch in SHARES/QIK. Sometimes it will allow the agent to give an emergency exit row seat, from another airport/location. Sometimes it won't. Mostly hit or miss. :down:

Call the net desk if CP desk cant do it. In PHX no problems with assigning E seats for preferred. These are basic things that you should not give up. Make the agent call someone to do it. It can be done. No excuses. Preferred should mean something!

Another bit of advice for you:
If you call, reservations, CP or some other department, do not automatically accept the agent's word that you actually have the seat assignment they say they've assigned.
Way too many times people call and, it seems, the agent may have performed a seat assignment entry for a seat but, in fact, no seat was actually assigned. The agent may have no ill-intention, may be sincere but inept or poorly trained. Way too often people show up at the airport, stating they were assigned a specific seat by so and so and no such seat was ever assigned.
Of course these problems have greatly increased since the folks in Tempe have been not-running things.

Along these lines, in the old system, aisle/window preferences were noted, and middle seats could be blocked next to a preferred, unless they were needed. I've been told none of this is possible anymore. On the occasions I get upgraded, I have been getting assigned a window seat most of the time, even though aisles are available, and my itinerary says "no preference" even though I've attempted countless times to have it noted. And on the occasions when I fly in coach, which has been fairly often, I've had the pleasure of getting crammed into full rows, when there were plenty of other rows with empty middle seats. Being a CP doesn't do much these days. I think my first ever jetBlue flight yesterday is going to be the first of many!

Everyone in INT has a SUP sine, they may not have been taught the overide or the one of 3 entries you have to use. It doesn't always work with 1 generic entry on our side so we try the others or go back to the same one. Just ask the rep (next time) to contact their CSD to assign.

I made a reservation a couple of weeks ago on my corporate travel agent, American Express. The seating charts do not come up during the reservation process like they did before. They are automatically assigned when I get the final itinerary. However, I was able to go online to usairways.com and move to exit row seats, I have gold status.

If your elite DM number is in you rez, anyone can preassign your exit row seat. They have to enter the segment and then the seat number with an E, ie E10A. Not sure how this works for travel agencies.

Latest posts