Cranky Flyer gives us more bad news

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
(Every thing from here to "round-trip ticket" is copied from a Cranky Flyer column.)
American Cuts Europe Again and Much More
It’s a dark cloud descending over the Atlantic for American. London sees further cuts between December 1 and January 5 with Charlotte, Chicago, and JFK all being suspended. That leaves only a single daily flight from DFW to both London and Frankfurt as the airline’s entire European network!!!!! The cuts on flagship routes go even further. In the first half of December, American will now only operate a single daily flight between JFK and LA.
While we’re on the topic of December cuts, American has extended its suspension of the small city routes it first cut in October. The cuts don’t stop there. Saturday-only service from Boston to Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Nassua, and Punta Cana has been removed from the schedule. JFK also won’t have its Saturday service to Grand Cayman, Punta Cana, St Kitts, and St Maarten nor will LaGuardia have its Nassau flights.

I'm retired and I am feeling insecure (for all my coworkers still there). Removing routes and flights means removal of flight crews at some point. American has never been real strong on the concept of paying pilots and flight attendants to get paid for not flying.

Just FYI... I saw an article in the Dallas Morning News that said airlines are starting to get cancellation calls from Thanksgiving travelers. My nephew just traveled on AA from SEA to DFW to BHM on a $400 round-trip ticket. That doesn't buy much gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: robbedagain
(Every thing from here to "round-trip ticket" is copied from a Cranky Flyer column.)
American Cuts Europe Again and Much More
It’s a dark cloud descending over the Atlantic for American. London sees further cuts between December 1 and January 5 with Charlotte, Chicago, and JFK all being suspended. That leaves only a single daily flight from DFW to both London and Frankfurt as the airline’s entire European network!!!!! The cuts on flagship routes go even further. In the first half of December, American will now only operate a single daily flight between JFK and LA.
While we’re on the topic of December cuts, American has extended its suspension of the small city routes it first cut in October. The cuts don’t stop there. Saturday-only service from Boston to Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Nassua, and Punta Cana has been removed from the schedule. JFK also won’t have its Saturday service to Grand Cayman, Punta Cana, St Kitts, and St Maarten nor will LaGuardia have its Nassau flights.

I'm retired and I am feeling insecure (for all my coworkers still there). Removing routes and flights means removal of flight crews at some point. American has never been real strong on the concept of paying pilots and flight attendants to get paid for not flying.

Just FYI... I saw an article in the Dallas Morning News that said airlines are starting to get cancellation calls from Thanksgiving travelers. My nephew just traveled on AA from SEA to DFW to BHM on a $400 round-trip ticket. That doesn't buy much gas.
Things dont look good these days. I am thinking of life after aa, i would like to get 5 more years begining to have doubts ill make it....

Things dont look good these days. I am thinking of life after aa, i would like to get 5 more years begining to have doubts ill make it....
Don't worry, American's and American will soon wake from the long national nightmare. Things will begin to get better soon. Just hang in there and don't lose hope.

Reactions: BigTex and Slopoke
Trump's vaccine will be on the market before you know it.

Until then, the airlines like AA who were too aggressive in maintaining capacity are going to hurt.

Others who didn't keep nearly as many seats in the air as AA won't have as far to drop as traffic takes a hit.

There you go E trying to rewrite history.
Also we should politicize everything up to and including Trump's virus Biden's vaccine

Sorry if facts are inconvenient. The vaccines were developed and are being approved under Trump's watch.

"President Biden, what a wonderful job you did ending the global pandemic."

Here's your Nobel Prize?

You heard it here first!

Last edited:
There you go E trying to rewrite history.
Also we should politicize everything up to and including Trump's virus Biden's vaccine
There is no Biden Vaccine. All vaccines have been under Trump Administration and he is the one that sped up all vaccines to market much more faster than in the past.
There is no Biden's vaccine.

TOTAL DEATHS

Lol, such a sheeple you are.

In that same timeframe, amazingly the CDC released this little nugget:
Seasonal influenza activity in the United States remains lower than usual for this time of year.

Amazing how other disease rates are suddenly lower... When the dust settles, the year over year comparisons on mortality are going to be equally amazing. I predict that almost nobody dies of influenza in 2020, even though influenza alone killed 57,000 in the US in the 2018-2019 flu season.

In 2018, 85,000 died from diabetes and 160,000 from lower respiratory disease.

I'm guessing those numbers will also be miraculously low for 2020.

For those who aren't quite as adept at numbers, normalized across mortalities, COVID may wind up being a rounding error for the US. Maybe not so much for other countries, but we do have a lot more obesity and diabetes than the rest of the world does.

Last edited:
Lol, such a sheeple you are.

In that same timeframe, amazingly the CDC released this little nugget:

Amazing how other disease rates are suddenly lower... When the dust settles, the year over year comparisons on mortality are going to be equally amazing. I predict that almost nobody dies of influenza in 2020, even though influenza alone killed 57,000 in the US in the 2018-2019 flu season.

In 2018, 85,000 died from diabetes and 160,000 from lower respiratory disease.

I'm guessing those numbers will also be miraculously low for 2020.

For those who aren't quite as adept at numbers, normalized across mortalities, COVID may wind up being a rounding error for the US. Maybe not so much for other countries, but we do have a lot more obesity and diabetes than the rest of the world does.
Classic "Trumptard" reply.
1rst. Call Name
2nd. Spin
3rd. Give incomplete info
4th. Cite alternate fact
5th. Dont give source of alternate fact
6th. Deflect blame from the orange messiah moron.

How about this "little nugget"? Which is the follow on sentence to the one you cited. You should try reading the whole thing instead of just that sentence which absolves the idiot currently residing in the White House.

"These changes were attributed to both artifactual changes related to declines in routine health seeking for respiratory illness as well as real changes in influenza virus circulation because of widespread implementation of measures to mitigate transmission of SARS-CoV-2. Data from clinical laboratories in the United States"

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6937a6.htm

From C19, not "the flu"

"Trumps Watch" MORE THAN 259000 DEAD.