Crew chief interviews

amt66

Senior
Dec 8, 2011
Has anyone been thru a crew chief interview yet? Was wondering what kind if questions were asked and what was expected in the interview

Going into management at AA has been an undesirable move since I hired in nearly 30 years ago. Running for TWU Union Office has been an undesirable move for 20 years now. And now becoming a Crew Chief will become undesirable. And for many, even being an employee is becoming undesirable. They really have it all figured out, don't they?

Reactions: 2 people
Going into management at AA has been an undesirable move since I hired in nearly 30 years ago. Running for TWU Union Office has been an undesirable move for 20 years now. And now becoming a Crew Chief will become undesirable. And for many, even being an employee is becoming undesirable. They really have it all figured out, don't they?
You have hit the nail on the head. I think AA management would love for us to get fed up and quit.

From what Im hearing, they are not asking any real technical questions. They are giving you specific scenarios, and asking what you would do. One guy said something about, what would you do if a manager tells you to push a plane that isnt safe to push??? For a $1.75 an hour, I dont see why anyone would want the job....

We're all quilty as charged, we all allowed our 401K to be diversified into companies that bash organized labor, McDonalds, Walmart to mention the most obvious. Then we patronize these companies with every swipe of our debit cards. Why for meager gains, creating bubbles in housing that burst, leaving all flat and unemployed.

The ever increasing multitude of the unemployed and public demand for cheaper fares are pushing your wages down.

We're all quilty as charged, we all allowed our 401K to be diversified into companies that bash organized labor, McDonalds, Walmart to mention the most obvious. Then we patronize these companies with every swipe of our debit cards. Why for meager gains, creating bubbles in housing that burst, leaving all flat and unemployed.

The ever increasing multitude of the unemployed and public demand for cheaper fares are pushing your wages down.
I hope you ain' t driving a Toyota.

OldGuy,
The SAD thing is(and yes, it'll NEVER happen)........and thats if TUL ...grew-a-set of......' XTRA LARGE Ones ', you guys could over a short period of time, bring ....AA/TWU (the Same SH1T)..to thier knees !
In the first place Tulsa will never grow a set. Our leadership kisses Jim Little's tush. In the second place, AA would threaten outsourcing and the TWU would spread the fear. The TWU has destroyed us.

Until they increase the pay to at least $5 per hour extra, the company will continue having trouble attracting the best people for the job. The $1.75 extra is the same as the baggage Crew Chief running a gate, and they expect an AMT to run a terminal for that price.

The company has fallen asleep at the wheel when it comes to running a maintenance organization. Another example is when they forced out all of the old low level mgt. that came from within the ranks and actually worked on planes. I dont think I could run maint any worse if I tried, overhaul guys applying their logic to the line... Step over a dollar to save a nickle!

We get paid more for being purser!!!

Not really surprising industrial unions have been the anti christ for the AMT. The whole time I worked for NWA as an AMT under the IAM my License prem was 70 cents per license for a total of $1.40. Top pay for AMT's were just a shade more than for a ramp or stores or ticket agent.. Even the NMB rules for class and craft were shaped primarily with influence from the industrial unions which is why you see a/c groomers and janitors being forced in with the AMT. This was by design to make sure skilled AMT's would have a hard time breaking away if they decided to change unions with the non AMT's diluting the AMT votes. You even see it today with the lists that the airline provides with a whole bunch of questionable people on it. The airlines do not want an AMFA they love their lapdog industrial unions so they work in conjunction with unions like the IBT and TWU and IAM. The MNB is far from unbiased. Some of the members of the NMB when I was at NW during our fight to get rid of the IAM were actually former IAM members or had some other kind of tie to them. WIth the way the class and craft is set up it really is better to be non-union IMHO. Too many idiots in the ranks that cannot see how the industrial catch all union is screwing them. Jetblue guys make more then you and so does Delta and of course where I am FX speaks for itself. Gotta be killer to be at the bottom of the food chain and have to pay union dues to get it. But there you go guys over at AA that still think the TWU is best thing since sliced bread..Like I said in a previous post you can't fix stupid and there is a lot of stupid going on over there in Tulsa land. Best of luck to the line guys hope your write in vote option works out for ya....

Reactions: 1 person