$2.00 $2.20

E. Crew Meals

Effective January 1, 2009, crew meals will be provided to flight
attendants working non-transoceanic international (NTI) flights
under the following conditions:

a. Breakfast-type crew meals will be boarded on flights which
depart a regularly catered station between 0100-0700 local,
excluding continuous on duty pairings, and the initial flight
within a trip pairing departing a flight attendant's domicile.

b. At a non-catered layover station for flights originating
between 0100-0700 local time, excluding continuous on duty
pairings, a breakfast-type meal or snack (such as cereal and
fruit) will be provided either at the layover hotel or airport.

c. In the event a limousine is used to transport a flight
attendant from one (1) airport to another following an
overnight, the departure time of the limousine, rather than
flight departure, will determine the allowance for a breakfast
meal or snack pursuant to paragraph E.2. above.

d. For on duty periods that do not include a breakfast-type crew
meal in accordance with Paragraph E.2. above, the Company will
provide a crew meal, appropriately selected for the time of day,
for each on duty period scheduled in excess of six hours (6:00)
that does not have a scheduled ground time between flight
segments of at least one hour (1:00) (or one hour and fifteen
minutes (1:15) for aircraft with one hundred and sixty (160) or
more seats). The contents of such meal will be determined by the
Company after consultation with the MEC Crew Meal Committee.

SECTION 7 - VACATIONS*
(The complete eline with tables and graphs can be found at
www.afausairways.org/Eline/jan02_09.htm)

*THE 2009 ACCRUAL CHART WAS USED IN THIS FALL'S 2009 VACATION
BID

SECTION 8 - SICK

8.C.1.c A flight attendant who is available for fifteen (15) or
more calendar days in a month of service and who reports sick
during the month will accrue five (5:00) hours of sick leave
credit for such month if the flight attendant maintains a sick
bank balance according to the following table:

Year Sick Bank Balance
Jan 1, 2005 - 300:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2006 - 255:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2007 - 210:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2008 - 165:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2009 - 120:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2010 - 75:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2011 - 30:00 hours or greater
Jan 1, 2012 and thereafter - 0:00 hours or greater

d. Effective through December 31, 2011, a flight attendant who
is available for fifteen (15) or more calendar days in a month
of service and who reports sick during the month and who
maintains a sick bank balance according to the following table,
will not accrue sick leave credit for such month of service:

Year Sick Bank Balance
Jan 1, 2005 299:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2006 254:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2007 209:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2008 164:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2009 119:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2010 74:59 hours or less
Jan 1, 2011 29:59 hours or less

SECTION 3 - COMPENSATION
Effective January 10, 2005, a flight attendant on the payroll as
a flight attendant shall be paid hourly rates as follows for all
credited hours:

(The complete eline with tables and graphs can be found at
www.afausairways.org/Eline/jan02_09.htm)

Thank you,
The US Airways Master Executive Council
AFA-CWA

==================

AFA US Airways Website

To ensure all topics are full of complaints - I'm sure they will be serving the famous burritos left over from Envoy TA flights, kept warm over night. Let the complaints begin.

To ensure all topics are full of complaints - I'm sure they will be serving the famous burritos left over from Envoy TA flights, kept warm over night. Let the complaints begin.
No, the ones complaining will be Tempe as they beg AFA for a sideletter shelving these items until the new contract is approved.

Kudos to the East F/A's. At least their bankruptcy contract included snap backs.

The poor East pilots will still be eating Sun Chips and Fiesta Snack Mix while the F/A's and West pilots dine on Chicken or Carp.

No, the ones complaining will be Tempe as they beg AFA for a sideletter shelving these items until the new contract is approved.

Well if that ever did happen I would love to see f/as all over the system cause delays when they need to eat. You see, sometimes we don't have time to eat. When you have 5-6 legs a day with 60 minutes or less turn around times you don't always have time to jump off and grab something to eat. Many times we just make time regardless and even then we are all taking turns during boarding trying to stuff our faces with food real fast and besides once we get in the air there is no time to eat when you have a short flight. Some agents are cool with it and some are not and will write you up in a heartbeat. I can make it up to 5pm without food but after 5 I start shaking and I get a massive headache and eventually will pass out. I have also come to the conclusion that in order to be an airport employee, especially at a food establishment, the number one rule they are taught is to be extra, extra slow and to ignore customers until they start yelling that they are in a hurry because they have a flight to catch and don't have time to stand around and wait for them to finish talking about their boyfriend or nails or whatever. I don't know why they are always so slow. Oh, and when you are standing in the galley during a short flight trying to eat really fast passengers aren't always mindful of that either. They want their drink and they want it now gosh darnit! I'm only human, not a robot so I can't help it that I have to eat.

I'm sure f/as will complain about the contents of the crew meals and the company will complain about doing it and find the cheapest products for them but I usually bring my own food so I'm not without food so it doesn't really matter. In any case I won't complain because I'm happy to get it for free. At least it is something! An apple or banana is better than nothing if you are hungry, right?

Hey these people need to eat!

They need lots of energy to fetch me my Gin & Tonic.

Not to mention their other "duties"

Sudoku Puzzles

Whining in front and aft galleys

Reviewing bid sheets.

Ignoring customers

No Siree we need them fed even the MKE grain fed ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
is that supposed to be funny bob?

Kudos to the East F/A's. At least their bankruptcy contract included snap backs.

The poor East pilots will still be eating Sun Chips and Fiesta Snack Mix while the F/A's and West pilots dine on Chicken or Carp.

Actually, for us Westyz it is a choice of leather, feather, or fin. Defining the entree any narrower would be a real stretch.......:bleh:

But, what we have is certainly more tolerable than the famine-in-the-flight-levels enjoyed by the eastern front front-end boiyz and goiylz.

Actually, for us Westyz it is a choice of leather, feather, or fin. Defining the entree any narrower would be a real stretch.......:bleh:

That's certainly better that what I initially read N924PS' post as saying.

while the F/A's and West pilots dine on Chicken or Carp.

Maybe I'm getting dyslectic in my old age, but I initially transposed the r and a in carp... :shock:

Jim

They NEVER thought our contract would be around to see those "SNAPBACKS". They surely thought by 2009 we'd be merged. That certainly goes for the SICK portion. LOVE IT. Sorry Charlie. :lol:

someone explain to me the sick thing. are we getting our sick time back?

They NEVER thought our contract would be around to see those "SNAPBACKS". They surely thought by 2009 we'd be merged. That certainly goes for the SICK portion. LOVE IT. Sorry Charlie. :lol:
and they've probably been so involved with how to make the next buck with the HHD that they totally forgot that they're supposed to have these provisions in place....what excuse will they have when they haven't made arrangements for these crew meals as they were supposed to???? The county inspector in PHL wouldn't approve it???

I have it. You may or may not realize that Chinese New Year is the 27th of this month. They could easily dust that one off. The one thing I would like to point out is, at least the way I am reading it is that your crew meals will only return on International flights that are not going across the pond. Think Mexico or Caribbean destination. I would assume that you are already fed on the Trans ocean flights. Anyway hope they follow there contractual obligations. I am sure your union has already informed them in advance if they were doing there jobs.

The one thing I would like to point out is, at least the way I am reading it is that your crew meals will only return on International flights that are not going across the pond. Think Mexico or Caribbean destination.

That is how I read it, as well. Only NTI trips, or "Caribbean"or "Island" trips.

The East pilots have been getting crew meals on these trips for several years. (On the pairing, the symbol "< >" around the destination, as in "<GCM>" indicates pilot crew meals will be boarded for the return flight.)

And here's the "catch" you're all looking for:

"...for each on duty period scheduled in excess of six hours (6:00)
that does not have a scheduled ground time between flight
segments of at least one hour (1:00) (or one hour and fifteen
minutes (1:15) for aircraft with one hundred and sixty (160) or
more seats)."

Most of the turns on the island trips just happen to be between :50 and 1:00. (Coincidence?) And that's scheduled turn time. That does not provide for being late arriving due to de-icing on Saturday morning in PHL, headwinds, no-HF radio aircraft that have to take the long route over the Bahamas, etc. (Nor does it include the time the F/A's need to "just run to Duty Free for a minute".)

And I believe only the 757, 767, and 330 have 160 or more seats. And probably all have turn times of 1:14 or less.

So the Chinese New year excuse is viable. Hey, if I was off by a day just think how far off your management team is! Glad someone else read that the same way I did. Guess they are busy changing the turn times to over an hour on all these flights. I don't know if the A321 goes to any of these but that should be included as well. Some hope for ya there.

By the way, those perdiem rates don't seem to come close to covering decent food for you guys. Someone did not consider the exchange rate when arriving at those figures. The IRS even figures some of the destinations quite a bit more generously.