CS...Help me Out Here

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
I''m out on furlough with US pass privelages only. I want OA passes also. Can I use someone else''s (re;another employee'') companion passes or can I list as a ''domestic partner'' on their travel card to obtain the same? Thanks in advance.....

As of now we dont have any agreements with other carriers for Domestic Partners to get discounted tickets. Companion tickets are only good on US and since you have passes on US, that wont do you much good. You could see if someone at another carrier has a buddy pass on their airline they'd be willing to give you, but unfortunately, thats about it.

While we're at it, if someone gets married or domestic partnered while on fulough, can they be added to the term pass?

*As for Domestic Partner, you have to have a joint checking account, have lived together for at least six months, and show joint financial responsibility in other ways. Its not intended for a buddy, thats what the registered companion program (that doesnt include medical benefits, bereavment etc) is for. The registered companion program, like parents, buddy passes, and OA travel including UA ID95s are not available to furloughees, unfortunatly.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/12/2003 9:58:52 PM Light Years wrote:

While we're at it, if someone gets married or domestic partnered while on fulough, can they be added to the term pass?

*As for Domestic Partner, you have to have a joint checking account, have lived together for at least six months, and show joint financial responsibility in other ways. Its not intended for a buddy, thats what the registered companion program (that doesnt include medical benefits, bereavment etc) is for. The registered companion program, like parents, buddy passes, and OA travel including UA ID95s are not available to furloughees, unfortunatly.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Actually, parents are now back on the travel bene's of us furloughees. (Thanks, CWA, for getting this into the last round of bargaining! Us furloughees from every employee group owe y'all for that one!)

-Airlineorphan

Another question along this topic: I am an invol. furloughed flight attendant and have been using the pass priveleges since being furloughed for my spouce and I. Lastweek, when I called the employee travel line to list for a flight, I noticed that my parents' names had been reinstated to my pass list. Does this mean parents of furloughees now have pass privileges or might this have been a mistake made to my account?