Non Rev Positive Space

primowon

Feb 23, 2004
I tried to get a positive space non rev ticket out of CVG recently. I understand you pay 20%. They had no clue how to write one. Can someone enlighten me as to the procedure, can you get it on the hub, do you go go ahead of regular standbys?

Also, I gave 2 companion passes (as a retiree I only get four) to my son to attend a wedding. The flights all day were cancelled; he missed the event. He turned the unused tickets into the pass bureau for a refund. Now I'm told I lost the 2 companion passes as they were once issued. Any ideas or recourse?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to get a positive space non rev ticket out of CVG recently. I understand you pay 20%.

I think you may be incorrect on the rate. The rate I am fimiliar with was a 20% discount from whatever fare (ie-you pay 80% of the fare), not that you pay 20% of the fare. The discount was applied to any fare that is available at the time of the purchase.

FWIW, I never non-revved on pure standby. I wanted some assurance that I would actually fly as oppossed to sit around the airport all day wondering if I would travel or not.

Yes, I know we have ID90s, but those are used on other airlines that do not offer Zed fares (much cheaper). The Zed fares are based on distance traveled. The only airline that comes to mind that doesn't offer Z fares is Delta. It cost me $84 to fly ATL-CVG last weekend on an ID90 fare.

The question remains: how do we sign up for ID20s?

I tried to get a positive space non rev ticket out of CVG recently. I understand you pay 20%. They had no clue how to write one. Can someone enlighten me as to the procedure, can you get it on the hub, do you go go ahead of regular standbys?

Thanks in advance.

What you may be referring to is an "ED-20". I don't know if it is available to retirees. It is a purchased seat with a 20% discount off the published fare. Since it is a purchased seat you go just like any other fare paying passenger, certainly ahead of any standbys. I have used it several times, I don't think the agents even know that you are traveling on a discounted ticket.

In fact 1 time, due to weather, we missed our connecting flight and were rerouted on a CAL flight.

I think Positive space is 10% off the full fare, it used to be 20%. Anyone know for sure?

It's an ED20 - 20% off any published fare you qualify for. You're a regular revenue passenger with all the "perks" - VDB/IDB, collect miles, buy goFirst, volunteer to give your seat up for a voucher, dress as you want, ring the call bell, be a pain in the ###, etc.

From the Travel page of theHub:

"To book an ED20, please contact US Airways Reservations at 1-800-428-4322 or visit an airport ticket counter."

Jim

why would you want to use an the 2o% option... go to dargal.com or kayak.com and get a real ticket at a real ticket.

The ED20 is a real ticket. It can be bought by the employee for anyone on their term pass. It is NOT a standby seat.
I didn’t think the ED20 program was available any longer, and then I found this on the HUB

ED20 Program and US Airways Vacations Discounts
Employees and eligible family members listed in your travel profile are eligible to purchase
revenue confirmed tickets at the employee discounted rate of 20% (get it ED 20) on all Mainline
and Express flights. All normal fare rules and restrictions apply and since this is a confirmed ticket
you can get advance seat assignments and earn Dividend Mileage.. To book an ED20, please contact US Airways Reservations at 1-800-428-4322 or visit an airport ticket counter.

If you want a good tool for tickets check out www.sidestep.com I find the best deals here and it’s so easy and may times cheaper than the ED20 Good luck!

US Airways employees can receive 20% off Nevada packages (Las Vegas and Reno) and 10% off packages for all other destinations (including Arizona, California, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, Florida, Hawaii, and Mexico).

This is the Vacation discount.

Employees and those listed in your pass profile get ED20 tickets. They are confirmed tickets and the same rules (Change fees, bump vol, etc) apply as regular revenue tickets.
You book the cheapest fare available and then get 20% off of that fare. The agent can price CTRL P F2 (lowest available). They store the fare and then go back and take 20% off. Its also in the CTRL P keypad, but I do not remember the exact F key to take the discount off the ticket. They can no longer be booked on the hub.
You should contact the pass bureau with the ticket/pnr info from the unused Companion tickets and ask that they be credited back to your bank. Tickets that were issued, but not used should get credited, but you have to contact them and let them know the info so they can research and add them back.

US Airways employees can receive 20% off Nevada packages (Las Vegas and Reno) and 10% off packages for all other destinations (including Arizona, California, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, Florida, Hawaii, and Mexico).
This is the Vacation discount.

What is a Nevada Package to which you refer?

An employee discount on vacation packages offered thru US Airways Vacations:

Product or Service Offered: The discount applies not only to complete air and hotel packages, but also to hotel accommodations, airport-to-hotel transfers and rental cars.

What is the Discount: US Airways employees can receive 20% off Nevada packages (Las Vegas and Reno) and 10% off packages for all other destinations (including Arizona, California, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Europe, Florida, Hawaii, and Mexico).

How To Buy: For details on UAV destinations, packages, and hotels, visit US AirwaysVacations.com. For more information or to book your vacation, call 1-800-455-0123 and identify yourself as an employee with your ID number.

Jim