Css Postion May Be Changing

gso-crew

Advanced
Jul 23, 2004
Sounds like there are some changes coming to positions within stations. Nothing official, but rumor has it that the CSS's may be leaving the CWA ranks and fall into the management category.

Or it may end up being a station manager, customer service manager and an ops manager. And then a "working CWA" lead agent position bid by seniority.

Anyone hear anything?

gso-crew said:
Sounds like there are some changes coming to positions within stations. Nothing official, but rumor has it that the CCS's may be leaving the CWA ranks and falling into the management category.

Or it may end up being a station manager, customer service manager and an ops manager. And then a "working CWA" lead agent position bid by seniority.

Anyone hear anything?
[post="294679"][/post]​
what are CSS's? Same as Csr's?

No one really knows, sometimes they are an assistant station manager, sometimes station secretary, always a CWA a brother, once in a while a CWA shop steward. Who knows for sure, I guess it depends on their mood that day ..... lol lol!

Technically they are agent supervisor in charge of customer service on their shift.

gso-crew said:
No one's really knows for sure, sometimes they are an assistant station manager, sometimes station secretary, always a CWA brother, once in a while CWA shop steward. Who know for sure, I guess it depends on their mood that day ..... lol lol!

Technically they are supervisor in charge of customer service on their shift.
[post="294708"][/post]​

At HP they are Supervisors, and they are considered mgmt and are not part of the Teamsters.

That's smart ..... I never could figure out what we're doing???? There's no way one person can be all of the above....

If that is the case... Are CSS allowed to do agent duties. What about pay difference? As it stands now, CSS's are only getting .57 more an hour...

I like the idea of a station manager, customer service manager and an ops manager, then a CWA lead agent position bid by seniority. If they separate the CSS from the CWA and you take the position, later they downsize your station you could be out the door, your DOH seniority would not help you return to the CSA/CWA postion.

JSsup said:
No crap.. I make about double what some of my employees make.... maybe that's one Express policy I like that differs from mainline!
[post="294734"][/post]​

IM sure there has to be more than .57 per hour involved for someone to give up their CWA seniority and taking a chance of being axed.

deltawatch said:
Nice guy, do the folks that work with you know how you feel? :down:
[post="294742"][/post]​

More than likely you're topped out at $13.00 an hour and the new hires working for ya make $7.00, I wouldn't brag. <_<

B6 (jetBlue) does things similar. Their Supervisors are actually considered part of management and are compensated fairly well, I might add. They do have a LEAD agent type postion or "crew" as they prefer to call it. The LEAD position gets a $1.00 per hour premium.

Latest posts