Customer Service?

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance!

Chaos, Disorganization, what more could you aske for in a job?
No breaks this week, ..

I dont want the paid 15 min for a crapolla 4 hr shift!

Tempe does not care- why should I?
Sad since I've never felt that way.
Put in my measly hours and Im out.

If you heard the awful things people say would YOU stay longer to take that kind of abuse???

sky high states: I overheard a conservation next to me the other night at a CLT gate. Man was talking on his cellphone, complaining that the agent said, flight was cancelled due to weather, an act of God. His next comment was, they dont care about us. We're on our own now. Meanwhile, the departure board was lite up like a Xmas tree showing cancellations to a large portion of the Northeast.
Is everyone still expecting hotels and meals for a weather incident? Some do. And, apparently, alot of people think verbal abuse is going to get them something as well. Say, delay or cancellation, and that word---> compensation comes up whether quickly!
If 20 flights cancel, remember weather is unpredictable, isnt it predictable that the Special Service desks are going to be inundated for awhile? How do you staff for unpredictable weather???????
Does anyone?

only stating opinions

sky high states:
If 20 flights cancel, remember weather is unpredictable, isnt it predictable that the Special Service desks are going to be inundated for awhile? How do you staff for unpredictable weather???????
Does anyone?
only stating opinions

Are you kidding ... we have ATC delays, weather delays, maint delays 5 out of 7 nights a week, The company needs to staff for it ..... They are so GD afraid that 2 nights a week the PM agents might actually have a good night and get an extra break .... they choose to screw the employees and passengers the other 5.

Are you kidding ... we have ATC delays, weather delays, maint delays 5 out of 7 nights a week, The company needs to staff for it ..... They are so GD afraid that 2 nights a week the PM agents might actually have a good night and get an extra break .... they choose to screw the employees and passengers the other 5.

Amen to that. On Fri night we have 4 agents after 6pm on the counter with 3 flights still checking in (and hopefully none of the earlier ones still here with problems.) Adv management that we need at least 1 more body at night on Fri if not a couple. Just because its Fri doesnt mean that the shoppers/intl reissues, etc dont come out. Get one person tied up on a deal (heaven forbid two do) and its b*lls to the walls trying to get the rest of the lines done.
We got a new person starting this week and guess where they put them today. Morning gates. I give up. :down:
After the past 3 days I (and the rest of my buddies at night) are mentally and physically exhausted. Rerouting canx/delay flights takes its toll and is more stressful than just doing regular checkins. Add on to this the mandatory overtime (put your life on hold for us) because they dont want to staff for irregular ops (Hello, tstorms in the summer is NORMAL OPS) and you get the making of some mental health days. I'm actually surprised that some of the newbies didnt call out sick this week yet.

Prior
Planning
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance!

Chaos, Disorganization, what more could you aske for in a job?
No breaks this week, ..

I dont want the paid 15 min for a crapolla 4 hr shift!

Tempe does not care- why should I?
Sad since I've never felt that way.
Put in my measly hours and Im out.
I'm very sorry that your career has taken a turn for the worse, but, with all due respect, all of us on the front line are being pummeled with angry pax, late flights, cancellations, etc.. You ain't the only one. Why do you feel the need to post about your rotten shifts constantly? We get it, you are miserable. You shouldn't care. Next topic.

Thank you Tempe for the gift of shares. It makes a bad situation worse. The gift that keeps on giving and screwing both employees and passengers alike.

Crushed,

I understand your point, but it is therefore incumbent upon management to arrange for a replacement shift or to provide OT so the customers can be accommodated. We're going round and round here--I think everyone agrees that the primary fault is management's.

Management should not be by spreadsheet, but by performance. Station management should be measured not by how much they save on overtime, but how much they can save by not inconveniencing passengers in the first place outside of weather/atc--or how many PAWOBS they can prevent. I see no ratings for customer satisfaction within the company.

I would say no more bonuses for management until customer service objectives are being met. And this goes right to the top.

Doug said people are not going to tolerate a badly run airline for long---well guess what? He's right......

Failure to plan is planning to fail........to quote the Pinester. How true. How true...and how sad, in this case.

We are working on new ways to put the pressure on .. stay tuned.

Give it up. US is just like NW -- a finance company with horrible labor relations that happens to fly some airplanes.

Legacy carriers are like cockroaches -- almost impossible to destroy.

sky high states: I DIDNT SAY WE HAD ADEQUATE STAFFING. It's just the opposite, bare bones. However, because of that, additional staff cant be magically brought to the counter everytime there's a weather delay. Hence, everyone will have to wait on a long line because of our staffing levels whether good or bad weather.

only stating opinions

Give it up. US is just like NW -- a finance company with horrible labor relations that happens to fly some airplanes.

Legacy carriers are like cockroaches -- almost impossible to destroy.

Funny you make that comparison, heard Kirby told managers last week in there meeting that NW had OUTSTANDING management .... but that he wouldn't want to work for them.

Translation ... NW management is outstanding, they really know how to rob labor, I (Kirby) wouldn't want to be a low life grunt over there getting screwed by them.

Are you kidding ... we have ATC delays, weather delays, maint delays 5 out of 7 nights a week, The company needs to staff for it .....

sky high states: CHECK THIS OUT: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/biztech/artic....largetable.htm

I didnt realize CLT was that bad. Listed as one of the TOP THREE Miserable Airports. You have my sympathy, Delta.

http://money.aol.com/usnews/general/canvas...606110209990001

And, another article on NYC airports. 38% delayed. ouch.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/...&ID=7040501
only stating opinions

Crushed,

I understand your point, but it is therefore incumbent upon management to arrange for a replacement shift or to provide OT so the customers can be accommodated. We're going round and round here--I think everyone agrees that the primary fault is management's.

Management should not be by spreadsheet, but by performance. Station management should be measured not by how much they save on overtime, but how much they can save by not inconveniencing passengers in the first place outside of weather/atc--or how many PAWOBS they can prevent. I see no ratings for customer satisfaction within the company.

Art,
I agree with you completely however in the "old days" thats how the "Good ol Boys" ran the company and rewarded the Station Managers for how inexpensively they ran their station. I believe they still do because of a conversation I overheard just recently but I do not want to post it on this board. Management HAS to hire more agents to serve the passengers. It would make a huge difference to passengers AND agents morale
I would say no more bonuses for management until customer service objectives are being met. And this goes right to the top.

Doug said people are not going to tolerate a badly run airline for long---well guess what? He's right......

Failure to plan is planning to fail........to quote the Pinester. How true. How true...and how sad, in this case.

We are working on new ways to put the pressure on .. stay tuned.

The PHL issues, by all accounts, existed long before Tempe was ever anything more then a place for an overnight stay or a place to have a drink for US Air. With that said, current management is solely concerned with lowest unit cost and is not interested in increasing staffing for when thiongs go worse then normal (which is already bad).

Um, same management focus as before. No change, therefore no different result.

Actually it is worse with QIK. Instead of two minutes to handle a pax, it is now fifteen minutes.

Termination with extreme prejudice would shape up a lot of management. Unfortunately, we perpetuate the same welfare for rich kids that the white house does.