Customs Seal on US Airways Sida Badge

Best of luck to the OP, I hope this can be straightened out! :)

PERSONALLY I think that US should have delayed the decision pending your appeal. If they wouldn't do that then there's no reason they shouldn't put you on an admin suspension (non disciplinary) until it was resolved. They've already spent a small chunk of change hiring and training you; they're going to need to spend that all again.

Right after 9/11, US fired all the FAs that were still on their probationary period. Why they didn't just furlogh them is beyond me, since the company invoked Force Majure to invalidate the No Furlough Clause in our contract.

For instance, they started a local badge thing here at DFW that would allow airport/airline employees to by-pass security when entering the SIDA (Security Identification Display Area). It, of course, required a background check. Now, as a flight attendant whose background has been checked six ways from Sunday, you would think this would be a formality. No, absolutely not. The background checks done by AMR, the local police, the FAA, and the TSA would not do. The monstrous bureaucracy created by the airport board had to do its own background checks. Took months to get my badge.
I guess they wanted to be sure you weren't going to be packin' heat. :eek: :lol:

I recall reading several years ago how the TSA was considered doing a credit check as part of the background search, and even amounts under five-figure bad debts, legal judgments or mortgage defaults would be cause to reject an employee from obtaining a SIDA badge. That standard isn't too much different than what the TSA agents are required as part of their background search.

The application for the TSA is 50x more extensive than anything I have seen required by an airline, and I suspect over half of the rampers would fail the TSA application, interview and health physical.

A TSA employee in RIC was denied a SIDA when the Aiport Authority discovered he had been convicted of a felony. The TSA forced them to issue a SIDA anyway, so I wouldn't put too much faith in what the TSA considers criteria for their employees.

Best of luck to the OP, I hope this can be straightened out! :)

Right after 9/11, US fired all the FAs that were still on their probationary period. Why they didn't just furlogh them is beyond me, since the company invoked Force Majure to invalidate the No Furlough Clause in our contract.

I guess they wanted to be sure you weren't going to be packin' heat. :eek: :lol:

A TSA employee in RIC was denied a SIDA when the Aiport Authority discovered he had been convicted of a felony. The TSA forced them to issue a SIDA anyway, so I wouldn't put too much faith in what the TSA considers criteria for their employees.

It's crazy how things like that happen, and I couldn't even get my customs seal and didn't have a felony on my record. TSA goes all over the airport. Yet I only needed a seal to pretty much go in the jetways, and halls.

Latest posts