Terrible Airline, Bad Customer Relations

For those that are interested, I finally received an answer regarding the cause of delay. After not hearing back for a couple days, I call the refunds department back and asked for the woman that I spoke to last. She was at lunch and called me back when she returned. Apparently she had some issues with making an outbound call and she said she was calling me from her cell phone.

The delay was due to a mechanical problem. I asked what kind of mechanical problem, but she told me that they never get the specific information as it can "freak out" some people, which is understandable.

She is a very nice lady. That even started giving me suggestions for dealing with customer relations.
I hate to say this, but I don't think the nice lady was in the refunds department or she was covering her fanny. They can call Tokyo if they need to, there are no restrictions on that particular departments outgoing phone calls. As far as I know only the REZ centers have restrictions on outgoing phone calls, especially the outsourced ones. She didn't have an accent did she?

I hate to say this, but I don't think the nice lady was in the refunds department or she was covering her fanny. They can call Tokyo if they need to, there are no restrictions on that particular departments outgoing phone calls. As far as I know only the REZ centers have restrictions on outgoing phone calls, especially the outsourced ones. She didn't have an accent did she?

No accent. The number I called is 480-693-6735. I included this informtion in my letter to Doug Parker.

No accent. The number I called is 480-693-6735. I included this informtion in my letter to Doug Parker.
[/quote

I believe you, but I can't believe it. That department doesn't have any restrictions on where they can call. I'm dying to know who told you they had to call you on a cell phone. We'll all be interested to hear what kind of response you receive from Mr. Parker.

"Mr." is generous...
try using a more appropriate title: idiot, numbskull, aqua green, disgrace, orange, they go on and on...
help me out gloria!!

Mr. Holtz is generous, that's for sure. Did Gloria tell you that he picked up the phone when Angela called about Gloria making arrangements for Carol's retirement party at the Crowne Plaza even though Angela and Phyllis had already booked Neville Fire Hall for the Beef n' Beer? Well, anyways, he told Angela that he loves Carol and that they could use the rec room for an after party. He bought Gloria a 4800 square foot house in Moon Township and even converted the fourth bedroom into a gym after their kids moved out. Now, to me, that is generous.