Cwa: America West Is Hiring Like Mad

HP Manager said:
Of note as well, I don't see to many employees making the trip to an HP city, moving their family, etc.
[post="283265"][/post]​

Don't be so sure ..... a lot of us would love to get away from the PHL, LGA ATC problems forever. Working for US Airways on the eastcoast in the summer is a living hell. The ATC centers in DCA NY suck!

Just heard today that AWA cancelled their september F/A class and have moved it to either Nov or Dec. I guess they thought about it and realized that with the merger happening maybe they should wait because there are 2000 plus f/a on invol furlough that would like to come back.

deltawatch said:
America West has posted 30+ jobs at the Phoenix Res, 20+ jobs at LAS, and numerous jobs at all their other stations. They are hiring even though they know there will be a major downsizing and displacement right after the merger this Fall. At the same time US Airways is not filling vacancies."
[post="283072"][/post]​
I don't know how true this is but I talked to a coworker whose wife works at the res center in PHX, he told me that if you have 2 years in at Reservations your considered to be a senior agent. That should give you a better idea of what the turnover rate is like there.

tug_slug said:
I don't know how true this is but I talked to a coworker whose wife works at the res center in PHX, he told me that if you have 2 years in at Reservations your considered to be a senior agent. That should give you a better idea of what the turnover rate is like there.
[post="283485"][/post]​
I was told they lose 30 f/a's a month.

Let's all hope and pray that AWA will see the folly of outsourcing RES off-shore. Most Americans want to speak to English language customer service with an option to speak to Spanish-speakers, if that's their first language.

US Airways has/had some the very best RES agents in the business. I'm sure AWA wants to keep their standards high. And let's not forget aside from our PHL baggage problems, one of the biggest complaints is the long hold times for RES and the difficulty in understanding those off-shore RES folks.

Dea

Everyone also needs to take in account for attrition. Last time I looked you can't fly planes without a crew. Since they are going to be flying under 2 certificates for a couple of years what happens to the AWA side if they do not hire based on attrition alone?

You can not use U FA's on a plane that is under HP certificate until training has been completed, which needs to wait until the unions hash out intergration. It isn't about protecting FA's on the HP side, it is about protecting the flights that need crews over the next 2 years.

Stop being so narrow minded and short sighted......

Dea Certe said:
Let's all hope and pray that AWA will see the folly of outsourcing RES off-shore. Most Americans want to speak to English language customer service with an option to speak to Spanish-speakers, if that's their first language.

US Airways has/had some the very best RES agents in the business. I'm sure AWA wants to keep their standards high. And let's not forget aside from our PHL baggage problems, one of the biggest complaints is the long hold times for RES and the difficulty in understanding those off-shore RES folks.

Dea
[post="283502"][/post]​
Dea--I know when I call U and ask where someone is if they're not in INT or PIT--at least till Friday. I hang up and call back. The way it was presented to us is we must take the contract for outsoursed centers but if anyone gets furloughed first it will be the outsoursed centers first. All that needs to happen is Doug or someone else higher up to call and get a bad answer or rude answer and those centers will be history.

From what I'm hearing about Doug Parker, I'm impressed. I think he's truly interested in running a great airline. I think he will finally give us the resources (and not the out sourcing) it will take to make the combined US/HP a real contender!

He doesn't seem interested in packing golden parachutes. I am eager to give my best efforts to him and the AWA team!

Dea