Furloughed Us F/a's To Possibly Fly For Hp

Would you like to fly for HP until the merger is complete?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

• NO

• Hell NO

• Total voters
I spoke with the union president from CLT about the call back to HP. We would be stapled to the bottom of the list for HP. When Usair recalled the F/A's we would be able to retain our number at USAir if we moved back to the east coast. If we remained in PHX we would still be at the same number when we started with HP. They are hoping to have it completed by the end of the month. They are trying to have us come on board at the rate of pay for our longevity. I was told that there is no intention of growing US for at least the next five years. I have spoken with a number of people from my class and they are making tough choices wether to commute to PHX or remain where they are located.

700UW said:
You are all wrong again, I am not a utility person, keep trying.

And the board rules are you cant disclose where a person works.

And I am very happy.

Glad you all are worried about me instead of sticking to the topic subject.
[post="300236"][/post]​
Glad to see you got a promotion, 700.....congrats :up: :up:

not a promotion, just bid to hire classification that I all ready had seniority in to avoid the layoff.

700UW said:
not a promotion, just bid to hire classification that I all ready had seniority in to avoid the layoff.
[post="300264"][/post]​
well, that is great news!!! good for you!!!! :up:

usairfa05 said:
I spoke with the union president from CLT about the call back to HP. We would be stapled to the bottom of the list for HP. When Usair recalled the F/A's we would be able to retain our number at USAir if we moved back to the east coast. If we remained in PHX we would still be at the same number when we started with HP. They are hoping to have it completed by the end of the month. They are trying to have us come on board at the rate of pay for our longevity. I was told that there is no intention of growing US for at least the next five years. I have spoken with a number of people from my class and they are making tough choices wether to commute to PHX or remain where they are located.
[post="300259"][/post]​

They need to release the details of this soon as the furlough list is about to get 300 numbers bigger in the next few months with the outsourcing of the E-Division.

Which is what this sounds suspiciously like.... pay at your "longevity" rate of pay.

A F/A is hired in 2000, and furloughed in 2002. They have two years active with the company.

They are recalled to the E-Division (sorry, "MidAtlantic" :rolleyes:) in 2004 where they come in at two years rate of pay under a new contract they don't agree to and are not permitted to see. They are furloughed in 2006 when the planes are outsourced (without the F/As) to a contract "Express" carrier. Thier time in the division, despite the fact that they were flying under the mainline certificate and manuals and were responsible for the whole mainline fleet, does not count towards longevity.

They are offered a position with America West in 2006, which is to become a part of US Airways, AGAIN at two years rate of pay under HP's contract. They work there until, let's say 2008 when they are recalled to the US Airways side of US Airways. Again thier time at HP does not count towards longevity.

In 2008 they go back to the US side of US at guess what... TWO YEARS RATE OF PAY. Despite the fact that they have been working for the company as a mainline F/A for years.

Now, if they do allow you HP time to be credited toward your longevity, this will only make the MidAtlantic/MAA/E-Division whatever F/As case that much stronger. If longevity is given for time at America West, a seperate airline with a seperate certificate, then why on earth aren't MAA F/As getting longevity for thier time as an active mainline F/A on the US Airways certificate?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Either way, they need to let people know soon so they can make plans.

usairfa05 said:
I spoke with the union president from CLT about the call back to HP. We would be stapled to the bottom of the list for HP.

I was told that there is no intention of growing US for at least the next five years
[post="300259"][/post]​

So US F/As would be forever on reserve, right? Since no one will be hired underneath them?

Why so long before a recall to US? :unsure:

Latest posts

Back