Cwa Furloughs

tadjr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
TPA
www.airlineforums.com
and additions were announced this afternoon by Labor Relations.

Displacement packages will be distributed early next week (7/26/04)
Based upon the actual package distribution, the following schedule will apply:

Displacement bids due back to Company 8/2/04

Bid awards on 8/6/04

Implementation of changes (FIRM) 9/13/04

The following changes are for CSA’s unless specified as CAR’s or MDA.

Station Full-Time Part-Time

ALB -1 0
BHM 0 +1
BNA -1 -1
BOS -6/CAR –1 CAR +4
BTV 0 +2
BUF -3 0
CHS +1 +1
CLT -34 0
CMH +1 0
DCA +13 CAR +6
DEN -4 -5
DFW 0 +1
DTW -1 -1
EWR -2 -1
GSO 0 +1
ILM -1 0
IND +1 +2
LAS +1 0
LGA CAR +4 +1
LAX -4 0
MDW (closing) -3 -2
MHT 0 -3/CAR +3
ORD CAR +3 0
PHL -80/CAR +4/MDA + 33 +7/CAR +4/MDA +30
PHX 0 -1
PVD -3 +3
PWM 0 -2
ROC -2 -1
SAN -2 -7
SAV -1 +2
SEA +3 -10
SFO CAR +3 0

i'm guessing that this was doc was made with excel and it does not tranlate well into the webboard format... can you name you webiste source so we can download it ourserlves.

Talked to some agent friends in CLT today, packets have been given out.

RumorS said:
... can you name you webiste source so we can download it ourserlves.
I didnt get it from a website, yet. It was in an email from a SUPVR and I recognized many of the email addresses it had been sent to. I am sure the CWA will put out something about it soon or put it on the website. These are the 150 people that had been expected to be furloughed in Sept with the new gate readers, etc.

tadjr said:
CLT -34 0

Ouch! The numbers for CLT are surprising. And it will be interesting to see how PHL will handle the split in MDA and mainline staffing. 66 positions devoted to MDA seems like a lot.

(Of course, if the company puts all of C/S at the USD 13.00 range for top of scale, MDA/Mainline wont matter!) :(

Doc said:
I'm sorry I don't get it......

Translate please.....
City - PHL
-80 Losing 80 FT Mainline Agents
CAR+4 Gaining 4 FT CAR
MDA +33 Gaining 33 FT MDA

+7 Gaining 7 PT Mainline Agents
CAR+4 Gaining 4 PT CAR
MDA+30 Gaining 30 PT MDA

All of these are the same. First column city, then number of Full Timers Mainline +/- unless specifically noted as CAR or MDA, then the same for the Part Timers Mainline unless specifically noted as CAR or MDA.

80 seems very high for PHL. Seeing that its such a messed up airport already, I'm sure we are going to do alot better with folks that make 13 bucks an hour. Were Doomed......

Well, it actually works out to only losing 2 agents total, IF all of the 80 FT mainline agents transfer to the part time mainline, CAR or MDA positions. I dont know the makeup of the junior PHL agents so I dont know how many will take the options or how many will just leave.
I guess with the supposed debanking at PHL, this is where some of the cuts can come from as well as the addition of the boarding pass scanners at the gate. I would assume that the MDA agents will all be working wherever they decide to put all the MDA planes on the mainline gates (as opposed to F terminal). I didnt think PHL had that many MDA planes yet, but I guess with the skd in Sept or Oct that could be a possibility.
See the CWA is already contributing to the cuts asked for by the company. Of course they are going to NOW say these were cuts from the last round and not this one, even though they havent tried using some of the tools they already have from the last two rounds to make things better already. :down:

Latest posts