CWA - lets see the post BK proposal

ResRepGirl

Aug 19, 2002
Hello everyone,
First, I love the look of the new messages boards. Good job USAviation!
Here are my thoughts on the current developments. I would like to see the post filing proposal (PFP) the Company presented the CWA. Here''s why: in the words of the CWA the post filing proposal is
"As expected, that proposal was even worse than the proposals management had been making up to that point."
I''ve heard RUMORS that the PFP includes some real gems, among the worst allowing outsourcing. Now call me crazy, but there is only one reason the Company would specifically quote that in the PFP. You can debate the importance of the 1113 letter all you want (I still think it''s important), but allowing the company to throw away the outsourcing language in our current contract makes the debate about pay and benefits a moot point. They will systematically outsource our jobs and in a year all but a few specialized reps will be gone.
-- more below --

--continued--

Think I'm wrong? Fine. But keep in mind, the Company is batting a thousand with the bankruptcy judge (is this the reason why they filed in VA?). They didn't seem to have any problems getting the management bonuses approved, I believe they will get just about anything they want. How many more times do when need Dave to demonstrate he is going to do EXACTLY what he says he will do?

The CWA should should post the PFP in it's entirety on CWA.NET so we can see what the company plans to seek if there is not a ratified agreement by 8/30. I know this stuff takes time (which we are almost out of), but once the IAM ratifies (and I'm sure they will) we will be the lone man standing. I can only think that will had fuel to the fire for the Company successfully achieving greater cuts through the courts. Remember it's the judge and a panel of our creditors that will be deciding our fate and neither of them have our interests in mind.

RRG

Why would you expect your union to show you information you'd need to make an informed decision?

Either the CWA has sold you out already and are going to wait until the last minute hoping the company blinks, or they're stupid.

Dave has done everything he's said/threatened/inferred so far, so my money is on him prevailing.

I too would love to see the CWA's latest proposal. You really have to wonder why it appears to be such a secret. There is no real information coming from our union - why?
Do they not want to break bad news to us?[:knockout:]

I'm only responding because I think it's important for us to *try* to keep our sense of humors... let's see, first I was Bette Wiley... don't really know her, then I was a Regional Director, then Kerry Carstairs, Chip's wife (ok I started that one!) and now Jerry Glass. If this means I get some of the $6 million, then yes. I'm Jerry Glass. Can I have my check now please?[:bigsmile:]

Seriously though, I'd like to see the PFP and I know I'm not alone...

RRG

Sorry Res,
I was refering to "get over it already" as the poster refers to a particular union on a couple of posts as stupid, idiots...etc. in a slightly unrestrained manor.
I would also like to see the PFP.

Just thought you all might be interested in the Bankruptcy Term Sheet that was given to the AFA. I pulled this off of the AFA webite and this was the most information the AFA Negotiation Committee would release:

"The company's first concession Term Sheet given to the AFA Negotiating Committee sought cuts of $108 million per year, including a 15.5% cut in wages, a cut in our pension formula, and massive cuts in our health insurance that would increase flight attendant out-of-pocket costs over 380% in the next four years. In essence, a group without an agreement would be forced by the courts to take the maximum amount of cuts but would not share in profit sharing and other equity returns built into our tentative agreement." AFA E-Line

I'm not sure if that sheds light on anything for you, other than to indicate that Dave was playing hardball.

Best to all.

The company playing hardball will result in the worst customer service in the industry. Customer Service Supervisors (the most gun-ho) in my station have already said they will no longer take the position seriously if the company screws us again. The feeling seems to run through out the group..The CWA wants a fair agreement, and if it’s not coming the end of this company is! This airline has no future if takes the smiles off of it’s front line employees. Take a look at the express employees in CLT, they are grossly under paid and work accordingly. I hate to see it. We will die a slow death as customers take there business to Delta. Look for many more layoffs before, THE END. [:((]

"Call me Dave" in his freshly pressed IZOD golf shirt succintly told his audience on his road shows that airlines like America West and Jet blue keep their employees loyal and with little turnover at a much lower compensation rate..he stressed that point repeatedly thru his speech..I heard it myself..so he believes that he can get good CS out of 10 bux or less an hour..yes, sure, of course, with 5 fares maximum in every market you can, but with 25-40? Do they have group desks? intl desks? Close to 2000 flts a day(what for US used to be 5000?)Convention desks? Reissue desks that require extensive training? Extensive and generous dm programs????

I dont think so..its apples and oranges.

For those surprised by the outsourcing language change, how could you not expect it? This just shows that they are evaluating all options to cut costs.

>>The company playing hardball will result in the worst customer service in the industry. Customer Service Supervisors (the most gun-ho) in my station have already said they will no longer take the position seriously if the company screws us again.<<

As many will soon find out, supervisors that is...they will be hitting the streets as upper management will be cleaning house. Expect massive changes to hit all the hubs and outstations. If you are not a company person, that will support the company through every possible scenerio -- you will be "seeking opportunities outside of US Airways Group." Go ahead and venture down the road of not doing your job to the way the company wants...and you will be replaced -- fast. I'm sure there are plenty people on the phones who would love to move up and replace them -- that will do the company's bidding.

CSS are CWA members. There will be no house cleaning. I'm sure they will continue to do what they have to to stay employeed. But thats it. CWA employees have given this company 110% to keep it in business. Each member doing the work of two. From what I'm hearing those days are over if we get screwed. I hope what I'm hearing is wrong. If not our days are numbered. [:blackeye:]

All I have heard at work the last few days, is no deal. I have been willing in the past to some concessions. But, as lies are told to us by the top of U, we cannot trust him. If we can't trust him to tell the truth, why should we trust him to save our jobs if we make concessions. People at work are very consistent on one issue. That is of course, no matter what concessions occur, voluntarily or by the court, U will cut many more jobs. Today's cust service levels are about 60% of what they were just last year. The costs they've saved since last year on C.S. is even higher for Res. To go after such a bareboned group for the largest pay cuts in the company is absolutely ridiculous. I tell you Dave, if you want money, go where the money is and leave us alone.

RRG...Bette Wiley???? Must of missed that one!!! I too would like to see the current proposal but only in its completed form. Do not want to see something half done. You are correct about the gem of "outsourcing". It does appear that the company wants a blank check in that regards.