CWA local leader recommends...VOTE NO!!

I am looking for a transmission removal and reinstaller technician. It will pay $12-14 per hour. If you have experience in diognostics, I can pay $14-16 per hour. You pay half of your medical and there is no retirement... I can't afford it (you can always fund your own IRA). One week vacation after one year. Two weeks after two years.

This is the reality out there folks! I am offering 1/2 medical--only %40 of automotive shops do.

I am not suggesting to anyone as to what they should do. Heck, I walked away myself. I just offer my own situation as info only.

I advocate neither a yes or no vote everyone is entitled to their say in this soap opera; but let's take for example the fleet service vote, I believe there is 5000 plus members. Can 2501 rampers actually:
1. Make major financial institutions (debtors) loose millions of dollars.
2. Deny Bronner what could be the deal of a lifetime.
3. Ruin Siegel's reputation (he'll walk away rich but his ego and resume will suffer).
The two Dave's probably have more cards have their sleeves than we'll ever know.

Better to look for a job while you have a job

Why doesn't the CWA let people revote, if they change their minds. I know many people who want to change their votes. Both ALPA and AFA allow people to change their electronic vote prior to the deadline.

This CWA agreement does not call for any additional layoffs, they got a board seat, and the company took off the table almost all of the outsourcing proposals, including those for DM employees.

Vote based upon the facts and not your emotion. Voting yes is the best choice for me.

I'm afraid when the reality of all this really comes to light, there will be more blame shifting than you can shake a stick at. But not one NO voter will take any responcibility for what's about to happen.
What folks don't understand about Dave/Dave is when you are talking about this kind of money, it's not about the dollars, it's about keeping score. When U becomes too risky (like an uncooperative workforce) they just take their money and go home. RSA can make a fixed amount of return in the bond/money markets. He's trying to top that with an investment in U. If he can't be assured of making that happen...POOF, he pulls the plug and puts his money to work somewhere else. Cav, I put my house on the market. I think we are living the last days of U.

Bank on it,

A320 Driver

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/3/2003 12:37:25 PM cavalier wrote:
[P]Based on what I'm hearing on these boards, I give us 30 days tops as an airline.[BR]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR] Also ditto with the troops at work. Same mood, vote no I don't care attitude. It's like we are living in a dream and every one expects to wake up soon and things will be ok. A no vote doesn't matter. They a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y believe this, and if I say anything to counter this deadly attitude, I have no balls:) Amazing, just amazing.[BR][FONT size=2][/FONT][BR] [BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]lately i see the company is having their foremen talking to individuals on the importance of ratification.i saw it in several dept.s yesterday...a directive from BIG D.this tells me the company may be worried for their own sake.i say with a bit of concern,HMMMMMMMMMM.

Cav:
If is any consolation 90% of fleet service at our station is voting yes, our sentiments are:
1. As soon as there're enough RJ's we'll be express, we accept this fact and hope to make it thru the summer.
2. If you want to stay mainline hit the road. Most of the single guys will.
3. $13 is an average wage in today's job market while seeking better things.

And my own two cents. I chose the rewards of the seniority system at the expense of building a resume. The company didn't force my hand it was my choice. For 23 years I enjoyed a much better than average blue collar job and in a few months it will become average at best.
No regrets, its time to move on.

Based on what I'm hearing on these boards, I give us 30 days tops as an airline.[BR]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR] Also ditto with the troops at work. Same mood, vote no I don't care attitude. It's like we are living in a dream and every one expects to wake up soon and things will be ok. A no vote doesn't matter. They a-c-t-u-a-l-l-y believe this, and if I say anything to counter this deadly attitude, I have no balls:) Amazing, just amazing.[BR][FONT size=2][/FONT][BR] [BR]

Quote "It's your right to vote no but finding another job at $13.50? Good luck!
Bull!@#t? Truth hurts I guess!"

No luck needed, just skill. I already have something lined up better than $13.50 an hour. If the vote is NO, and the pilots are willing to let it go chapter 7, and recive $40,000 a year Pension instead of $160,000 then so be it.

Don't worry ALPA members with your skills you will be okay, lots of RJ jobs out there.

I was very careful NOT to tell anyone, ESPECIALLY YOU how to vote. A YES or NO will have consequences. I think everyone needs to be aware that NOTHING in this vote comes without a price...YES or NO. There seems to be a contingent preaching that a NO vote will be NO HARM/NO FOUL. Won't happen Biff. That's all I'm saying. You do whatever you want.

A320 Driver

You better read between the lines. A yes vote means

1-Express working mainline flights, 80% of our stations going express (78 &90 seat RJ's coming). Seniority transferring to the hubs.

2-900 hundred reservation agents eventually. Everything else contracted out.

Lots of drum beating going on the boards about NO/YES votes. For some folks, a yes vote is a crap shoot. For everyone, a NO vote is a crap shoot. You vote any way you like but I'm a little sick and tired of all the pseudo-nobility surrounding the NO crowd. If this thing blows up in your face, be prepared for the consequences. RSA doesn't need a reason to pull the DIP financing...only an opportunity. Should this turn out poorly, don't come whining on the boards about "I didn't know" because you did.
Regarding the pension problem with the pilot group, ALPA and the company are working on it. We had an agreement that basically froze my pension where it is with my 21+ years of service. The PBGC said NO. We are back to the drawing board and fully willing to fix this problem. It may all be moot within the next few days. Based on what I'm hearing on these boards, I give us 30 days tops as an airline.

Good luck

A320 Driver

Bus, why are you hell bent on telling the CWA members how to vote? They are adults, let them make their choice. People lived their lives after Pan Am, Eastern and numerous other ailrines went out of business. Many people feel they have given enough.

Regarding James Root memo to his local membership. He was part of the bargaining committee that negotiated the latest contract. This committee accepted the tentative agreement and the committee members agreed to support the agreed upon terms.

Why is he changing his view now and going against the committee and what the CWA has already stated that they would recommend a yes vote? This "local memo" is now public to all CWA members and this isn't the message that the CWA desires to be conveyed to the general membership.

Are the employees going to listen to a local president or what the committee is recommending?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 12:21:46 PM deltawatch wrote:

You better read between the lines. A yes vote means

1-Express working mainline flights, 80% of our stations going express (78 &90 seat RJ's coming). Seniority transferring to the hubs.

2-900 hundred reservation agents eventually. Everything else contracted out.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Where do you people come up with your numbers? Why don't you just stand up and admit you're guessing. You're guessing the company is bluffing, you're guessing they'll go back to the table and renegotiate, you're guessing that you'll go before the judge before Chapter 7 (which will not happen Mr. Buc), you're guessing about 80% of the stations going Express, you're guessing about 900 reservationists, you're flat out wrong about subsidizing the pilots pension (which for the record I'm not a member of ALPA), and you're guessing they won't shut down the company.
The FACT of the matter is there will be a hearing January 16th. (not sure the exact date). On that date if there are not concessionary contracts in hand the DIP financing will be pulled, the ATSB loan will not be granted and plans that have been drawn up to pull down the airline will be enacted. A LOT of people who have trusted those who have said to vote no will want some flesh. Who can blame them, they've been lied to by people who are supposed to be looking out for their best interests. Where are they supposed to go then? What do you "guess" will happen to them? Will they replace even a portion of the so called $13.50 you keep referring to? Probably not. Probably not even close. If you've not voted yet just do some research. Can you replace your income? Can you afford to live without COBRA? If you can good for you, you're in the minority. If you have already voted you better be ready to live with the consequences.
If you in fact have a job already lined up I say don't let the door hit you in the backside. If it's so bad why are you still there? My guess is you're guessing a good natured employer will hire you at those rates. If you indeed had such a job lined up the smart move would be to leave. MY guess would be there is no such job or you would've left already.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 2:25:55 PM sdavis29 wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 12:10:26 PM Do_it_for_Dave wrote:

there are a lot of smaller station that operate both mainline and express flts to the same dest...by using rjs to increase seats for flts used by express, they can easily use 2 mainline flts a day..peak am and pm to carry the heaviest loads and to carry the mail and frt still traveling... by doing this they can close many small stations to express or mda....while still keeping there "279" and crews in the air....

the t/a for mech,,,they already know their numbers..the t/a for afa/alpa..they can come real close with projected available aircraft and faa minimums....as for cwa and i would imagine fsa...
it is kinda like signing a blank check..

----------------
[/blockquote]
The numbers just don't add up to support this. Sorry