Dallas Love Field Expansion?

SWAMECH

Advanced
Apr 26, 2005
I told you all this was coming, and here it is kicking off. More gates at Love Field is coming folks. And all these locals living so near the airport, well, you all decided to do so all the while it was an airport when you moved here. Stop the complaining and move somewhere else if you are so tired of the noise, because this airport is going to grow, just as I said it would almost 10 years ago. Here we go folks...

OP
S

SWAMECH

Advanced
Apr 26, 2005
Economic numbers are too big to ignore. Jobs-jobs-jobs. Taxes-taxes-taxes. Income and $$$ flowing into local market should prevail. May take a while but Transportation and infrastructure benefits will outweigh noise complaints. Adding a small amount of gates is nothing compared what the previous size of Love Field was when it was more than triple the gates now. I say get approval for 20 more gates but open in small increments at a time, say 5 at a time. Time for Southwest to spread some more wings and grow more in big-D. And no folks, we will not go to DFW, way too costly and not convenient or efficient to the Downtown Dallas market for business travelers. Here we grow Dallas Love Field again!!! 4.8 "B"illion with 5-1 return speaks volumes to the city and local markets, and that was just for one year (2021) and it's still going up until we get clear of the pandemic era...

Reactions: SharoninSAT

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah, no. The Five Party Agreement is binding. Undoing will require getting Fort Worth, DFW, and AA to agree to it. And WN.

What's an uncomfortable fact for some to accept is that Love Field works for WN as-is because there's no meaningful competition and no congestion.

Adding more gates guarantees that WN won't be able to keep 90% of the gates and departures.

First of all, AA and DL will sue for meaningful access, and they'll likely win.

UA will want back in. Who knows about B6 or F9, but I can't imagine they'd ignore an opportunity like that at a capacity restricted airport.

OP
S

SWAMECH

Advanced
Apr 26, 2005
I know about the 5 party agreement, but like I said, this very well could be the beginning of the opener in works. Not saying it'll go thru for sure, but I damn sure new this was coming after they all seen the results of the W/A getting removed. Now, we shall see what the city and SWA looks to do after seeing all the economic benefits to COD, Dallas Love Field, the flying public, and of course all the local businesses as well as jobs, taxes $$$ coming in as well as going out to other entities. Never say never E, and I say that also with, never say never to International Flights one day at Dallas Love Field.

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
It took 40 years of arguing to get to the Five Party agreement. Don't hold your breath waiting for a new agreement.

OP
S

SWAMECH

Advanced
Apr 26, 2005
More like 40 years of growth and planning. The W/A fight only took, was it 10 years? The next one will take half that (IMO)

OP
S

SWAMECH

Advanced
Apr 26, 2005
Momentum is picking up on expansion in Dallas areas. Starting the talks now to get ready for 2025 when even more W/A restrictions go bye-bye. Will SWA look at putting flights in at DFW? Will they look at Alliance or McKinney?? Or will they be better of just to add 10 more gates at LF. At least in 2025 SWA will NOT have to close any gates at LF IF they were to decide to start DFW flights (very doubtful). But I do see SWA looking at DFW at least for beefing up the international rout system. AA would hate to see that and might bend a little to the 10 added gates at LF instead. Hmmmmm...

Remember; Never say NEVER!!!

A little bird told me, :)

Reactions: SharoninSAT