Danny Martinez retires; Ken Durst takes his place

FWAAA

Veteran
Jan 5, 2003
Good, bad or doesn't matter?

American Airlines Line Maintenance Vice President Danny Martinez to Retire; Ken Durst Appointed as Replacement

Tuesday November 25, 4:30 pm ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Danny Martinez, Vice President - Line Maintenance, has elected to retire from American Airlines in December. He will be succeeded by Ken Durst, currently Managing Director - Line Maintenance for American's Southwest Division.

In his 20 years at American, Martinez served in the Technical Services, Maintenance Operations Center, Line Operations Support, and Line Maintenance departments. Prior to joining American, he was a maintenance technician and technical supervisor at Eastern Airlines for 10 years.

"Danny Martinez has been a rock-solid leader in our Maintenance and Engineering organization for the past 20 years," said Bob Reding, American's Executive Vice President - Operations. "He is well respected by all who have had the opportunity to work with him, and we wish him all the best in his retirement and future endeavors."

Durst is a 22-year veteran of the Maintenance and Engineering organizations at American Airlines and American Eagle. Before his current Line Maintenance assignment at DFW Airport -- American's largest hub -- Durst was the general manager for American's largest Maintenance and Engineering overhaul base in Tulsa, Okla. Prior to that, he was responsible for the aircraft overhaul operations, hangar operations, and Boeing 727/737 product management activities in Tulsa. Durst also served as Vice President - Maintenance at American Eagle from 1992 to 1995.

In his new position, Durst will be based in Tulsa and be primarily responsible for setting strategy, establishing policies and managing all aircraft maintenance performed at airports worldwide by American Airlines mechanics. The organization includes more than 4,600 employees. Durst will report to Carmine Romano, Senior Vice President - Maintenance and Engineering.

"Ken Durst has the experience and the necessary level of expertise to step in and lead our Line Maintenance activities," Romano said. "Our customers and our company will benefit greatly from Ken's leadership."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/081125/latu543.html?.v=25

They're all boot-licking puppet masters...

I was in a few meetings with Danny once upon a time. Seemed like a fairly even keeled guy to me. Don't know about Durst.

I'm more surprised Carmine hasn't thrown in the towel yet.

Durst was/is Carmine's puppet, his feelings were hurt when Fred Cleveland came on board from outside. Durst was moved to Line Maintenance-Southwest to get some traning for this job to soothe the hard feelings.

Just another Smoke and Mirrors bellow machine that will be overpaid to be the middle man repeating consulting firm buzz words down the ladder to attempt manipulation of the masses.

Other than the boot licking union officer, most employees now see through the smoke and mirrors and the continuation of this policy is a waste of time, money, and resources. But because the boot licking union officer behind closed doors thinks "everyone" is on board, nobody knows yet the system is broke and headed on a collision course. The union officer now spends so little time on the floor or ramp and instead so much time licking the boot in the management office that even they are an unreliable source for employee pulse.

Management Puppets and Union Officer Boot Lickers and so busy patting each other on the back in the office, none of them know how we the employees really feel about things.

20 years at AA plus 10 at EA makes him at least least 50 (don't know too many AMT's who started under 21), which is the earliest age you can be bridged to 55 for early retirement (same as the VBR?).

Throw in a couple years of service (likely if he entered the industry in 1978), and it's possible he's 55 or older.

20 years at AA plus 10 at EA makes him at least least 50 (don't know too many AMT's who started under 21), which is the earliest age you can be bridged to 55 for early retirement (same as the VBR?).

Throw in a couple years of service (likely if he entered the industry in 1978), and it's possible he's 55 or older.

I have met D. M. before, he still looks pretty young to be 50 if he is. 55 - no way.

so who is now going to run DFW. my vote is for clemmons from hgr 5

hahahaha!!! Clemmons... Sure he'd be great..

My vote is for Slakey... I mean he didn't have a clue about line maintenance and the put in charge of AA largest hub.. He's been MIA lately... What not put him in charge of a bigger picture like the southwest distict.... :up:

hahahaha!!! Clemmons... Sure he'd be great..

My vote is for Slakey... I mean he didn't have a clue about line maintenance and the put in charge of AA largest hub.. He's been MIA lately... What not put him in charge of a bigger picture like the southwest distict.... :up:
This is really more of the same,we haven't had a true manager that was really in charge since JOHN JUDGE was here.He was ousted or told to retire im sure just like DM was.Or he was just tired of the BS.Like we all are.If I was fifty and had a chance to leave,id be there.This is not true aircraft maintenace were doing now its just whats dictated by the FAA and the company.I have flown and worked on Aircraft for many years.I have to say this so called maint is a far cry from what AA used to do.It may be perfectly legal and all .But so was what wall street was doing you see whats going on.It was perfectly legal ,but sure didnt make it right.Id bet the airlines will be wanting a bail out soon.But not from America,the foriegn investers.After all this is a one world airlines watch the airlines lobby for investment rule lifted.Our finance guy has already been hinting its the future.Anyway who cares anymore!!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I have to agree with you on good ole John Judge.. a real decent guy... There's just no aviation guys running the program anymore.. Although I could care less about Dan Hoffman.. I wish guys like Bob Vought, Jimmy Dale, Forrest Herrald, Ad Fisher, Don Neelly, Bones Thomas III and Matt Souzza were back.. We didn't mind crawling all over the 10's or 74's for real leadership that took care of their troops..

Boy, What a concept eh? :blink:

I had the chance to have breakfast with Judge a couple weeks after he retired. He and Baker were friends -- I don't think he was told to do anything. He was simply tired of the BS.

Yeah. I have to agree with you on good ole John Judge.. a real decent guy... There's just no aviation guys running the program anymore.. Although I could care less about Dan Hoffman.. I wish guys like Bob Vought, Jimmy Dale, Forrest Herrald, Ad Fisher, Don Neelly, Bones Thomas III and Matt Souzza were back.. We didn't mind crawling all over the 10's or 74's for real leadership that took care of their troops..

Boy, What a concept eh? :blink:
I sure wouldnt want Hoffman back either,he came with the Braniff shed.Totally worthless to any mechanic type.I needed to see Mary young onetime when she was locked in Hgr 3.I spoke to him after a long night on midnights.He said she would be in at 8,this when we got off around seven.So i waited she never showd,next day same thing,next day same thing.Then he came out said oh yea marys on vacation and laughed.This is a prime example of why the workers have no respect for their Leaders at AA.

Could it be that Danny was asked to leave when the RISE program fell on its face?
Its funny all these programs maps,rise,shared sacrifice etc come out and its never even once explained to the rank and file.Its kinda funny we never even met DURST, LIONS.I guess we dont see the big picture!!!!WHOS NEXT!

Its funny all these programs maps,rise,shared sacrifice etc come out and its never even once explained to the rank and file.Its kinda funny we never even met DURST, LIONS.I guess we dont see the big picture!!!!WHOS NEXT!

Does it really matter?

Latest posts