DAT DAYS has anyone gotten one ?....in months

I got STUCK with a bunch of them, I've been trying to use them any way, any day I can . I haven't been able to get ONE. I guess I should just feel needed. They can't do without me long enough to honor my vacation time.[:praise:] DAT's are a joke. Don't EVER take them. Cash only please!

Gee I see DAT days given out all the time to folks around me..I know someone who got this THURS off DAT..must be difft. in difft. offices.I personally dont ever use them because of this risk factor, its easier to swap, and I'd rather have a full week off than bid individual dat's(I never end up with odd days outstanding, I always have block of 5's).

Sick time is the answer. If they won't work with us, we need to work without them.

I am quite surprised you are not able to get a day off. Both of my neighbors work in PIT reservations and they use FMLA to take off when they please. They miss for sporting events on tv and for all sorts of important items. They say that there supervisor approves their FMLA in about 3 minutes while they wait. Maybe you could try that. I hope this helps. (In the maintenance area it is very hard to get much needed FMLA.)

And everyone wonders why the company wants to change the FMLA part of the contract. I just hope some dont make it impossible for those who need it to actually use it.

Do you not have the option of getting coverage for a DAT or is there no one willing to pick up hours?