Deep Cleaning

Ok, so I am doing what not only utility did, but what also the agents and contracted cleaners did. So, now that is 3 employee groups, again, there should have been no paycut involved. At least we agree on that.
You dont dump trash, you dont clean or dump lavs, you dont do RON cleaning, you dont put water on the planes, you dont perform RON Security Checks or International Security Checks, you dont prep planes for International Flights, You dont take properly dispose of international trash, You dont replace contents of the seat pockets nor clean them totally out, you dont clean tray tables, coffeemakers, etc.

Do I need to continue?

Here's one for you. When we originally negoitited for the F/A's to clean the a/c, we were promised latex gloves. After this passed, we ended up getting some cheap #ss plastic gloves, similar to the old US Air hand puppets we used to give to kids. I called my LECP in Clt(now MECP) about this ans was told the latex gloves were too expensive and that the F/A's would forget about them soon. Now this is our union Pres. I asked if we should just stop cleaning the a/c, and was told we couldn't do that. I wash like a surgeon after touching headrests, seats, pilows, and blankets. That stuff is nasty. Amazing what our union will just let go(Pref. Bid).

You dont dump trash, you dont clean or dump lavs, you dont do RON cleaning, you dont put water on the planes, you dont perform RON Security Checks or International Security Checks, you dont prep planes for International Flights, You dont take properly dispose of international trash, You dont replace contents of the seat pockets nor clean them totally out, you dont clean tray tables, coffeemakers, etc.

Do I need to continue?

Contracted utility doesn't do ALL of that either! :D In fact, in most cases the F/A's do a far superior job than the contracted cleaners do DURING the day! Oh and what is International trash? :huh:

All flights from Europe, Mexico, and the Islands must be double bagged, placed in leak proof containers and taken over to usually the caterers in each airport and be burned or steamed.

If any liquid leaks in the galley or truck it must be disenfected.

This process is regulated by the USDA on every flight, they must clear customs and agriculture before anyone is let on board to clean the plane.

I saw the same story here in Phoenix, it was on the Today Show. I remember them saying many those workers were volunteers!!

Hey, last night I watched a segment on Dallas' Channel 5 that showed how Delta goes through some percentage (missed the number but it might have been 22%) of their planes every night and deep cleans them. They showed a night when accountants and upper level management pitched in to help. They were spraying smudge marks, shampooing carpet, cleaning out overhead bins with spray cleaner, and they even gave the flight deck a thorough cleaning.

They did a survey as to how important a clean acft was and the number indicating a plane should be clean was 87% (what's up with the other 13%????)

My question is this: what are LCC's procedures for keeping acft clean? I know that things have been pared back dramatically in the last 6 years but I'm curious to know what provisions are in place to accomplish this so-called deep cleaning.

jm

Do I need to continue?

I do my own first flight security checks, gather and dump my own trash, clean out and replenish seat pockets, wipe up the galley floor and side walls, wipe disgustingly filthy tray tables, replenish lav supplies, order and put my own catering away (usually while passengers are boarding during our continuous "quick turns"). Pick up trash from the floor ALL DAY LONG.
Glamorous, huh? Especially in high heels and hosiery, my freshly dry cleaned uniform and styled hair and carefully applied makeup. Greeting boarding passengers looking like a frazzled wreck--just a glimpse behind the scenes for a regional flight attendant....

I am talking mainline not regional.

Well I hate to tell ya, but mainline is almost there.....give it one more cutback or giveback and mainline F/A's will be dumping their own trash too and you know the company would love to negotiate that one!

All flights from Europe, Mexico, and the Islands must be double bagged, placed in leak proof containers and taken over to usually the caterers in each airport and be burned or steamed.

If any liquid leaks in the galley or truck it must be disenfected.

This process is regulated by the USDA on every flight, they must clear customs and agriculture before anyone is let on board to clean the plane.
So your saying, if I notice any liquid on the floor in Cancun or St. Maartin, I can ground the plane? Disenfected how? You sound very disgruntled. Someone needs a hug, I think. When I see you next, we can "Hug it out, ####"

First of all this is done after the crew and passengers are off the plane.

The plane is cleared by Customs and Agriculture, the Cabin Crew is not allowed on board the plane until all the trash is removed.

You would not be on the plane nor in the galley while the International Trash is removed per USDA and US Procedure.

The galleys were mopped after the trash was removed when US had their own Utility.

If any trash juice was leaked onto the galley there was a bleach water disenfectant solution used on the galley or a commercial sanitizer approved by the USDA.

You can't ground the plane, as you are not allowed on it till the trash is removed and security check complete, but the USDA can, they use to perform spot checks and watch us when we removing the trash, food and refuse from the plane.

We even had a $10,000 fine as one time a bag fell of the Lift Truck being used and fell onto the ramp. The trash had to be cleaned up and the ramp disenfected.

before we merged...in the
"west" operating manuals somewhere it stated we did deep cleans every 30 days....with a checklist. Was it done...dunno. Before we mrged we contractedout our ramp in our small station to DGS-subsid of Delta. This crew did an awesome job with our aircraft--did not matter that we were "competitors". We always got high compliments on how clean the a/c were in our station....nowthat we have merged we contract out to another vendor and guess what? You get what you pay.....

So your saying, if I notice any liquid on the floor in Cancun or St. Maartin, I can ground the plane? Disenfected how? You sound very disgruntled. Someone needs a hug, I think. When I see you next, we can "Hug it out, ####"

:lol: OMG...that's too funny! :lol: You're cracking me up! :lol:

NEWS FLASH!

As a regular customer I do not give a Fat Rat's Arse who cleans the plane just so long as they are indeed cleaned.

From a customer perspective if Aunt Millies Cleaning Service does a better job than the IAM represented Utility then Praise Jesus for Aunt Millies Cleaning Service.

All I want is a clean plane, I don't care how or who so long as it's clean.

I flew CLT-MCO last week and saw four rows of crackers on the floor.

It required cleaners anyway, in addition to FA cleaning. So, what is the point?

Latest posts

Back