Delta passengers upset because pilot doesn't show

• Banned
If you could comprehend what you read then maybe you would understand I have and will again.

I hope you really arent as stupid and ignorant in real life as you appear on the boards.

pay your bet.

metopower said:
So let's get this right. DL stepped up and gave hotel rooms and vouchers for a mistake that Endevor Air made? This should be moved to the regional airlines thread.
Isn't Endeavor Air still a wholly owned DL subsidiary?

Just as you said a subsidiary. DL took care of the people but I am sure the first contact was Not with Delta per say but with some one from Endeavor Air.

All due respect, but that's highly doubtful. 

If they called Res to book the flight(s), it was a DL call center.

Depending on where they flew out of to get to JFK, it could very well've been M/L agents helping them (and at any rate, there are no more 9E ground employees; "PinnPro" was dissolved awhile ago.). 

I'd be willing to bet that outside of the flight crew & F/A's, they never once came across an Endeavor employee...

So now all above wing people are Mainline? I thought that was just in Atl. That is good news.

Kev is right.
In the hubs DCI carriers are handled by DL above wing. Not sure about ramp or maintenance at JFK but DL handles DCI ramp at LGA.
DL sent 9E a bill for the psgr amenities.
I believe 9E is the largest DCI carrier at NYC. Being wholly owned gives DL a little more control over their operation.

NYC and LAX are the hardest hubs from an operational standpoint and the more DL mainline people the better in presenting a consistent product

• Banned
Is the Shuttle at LGA express flights on RJs and the ramp is outsourced and not mainline?

So now all above wing people are Mainline? I thought that was just in Atl. That is good news.
Not entirely true. AFAIK, AW is all M/L in JFK/LGA. That's not the case in all the hubs, though...

Definitely will be good news when that day comes!

Kev is right.
In the hubs DCI carriers are handled by DL above wing.
See above.

Not sure about ramp or maintenance at JFK but DL handles DCI ramp at LGA.
Fear not; there's still plenty of outsourcing at both stations.

Is the Shuttle at LGA express flights on RJs and the ramp is outsourced and not mainline?
Shuttle flights are handled by DGS.

Kev is it true that the vendor employees that handle DCI at DTW no longer receive NRSA privileges (or other benefits for that matter)?

Josh

Not entirely true. AFAIK, AW is all M/L in JFK/LGA. That's not the case in all the hubs, though...

Definitely will be good news when that day comes!

See above.

Fear not; there's still plenty of outsourcing at both stations.

Shuttle flights are handled by DGS.
Given that DL is aggressively replacing Delta Connection flying with DL mainline, the best way to ensure DL employees carry DL passengers is by continuing the trend.

The vast majority of DCI ASMs are produced on the domestic system.

In the most recent quarter, DL's domestic mainline ASMs increased by 5.8% while DCI was down 5%.

The Shuttle at LGA to ORD, BOS, and DCA are all large RJs and out of a separate terminal than the rest of the DL operation. DL handles far more DCI flights with mainline personnel at the other LGA terminals as well as at JFK, LAX, and SEA.

Given DL's growth on the west coast, it is only a matter of time before a lot of that DCI flying is done by DL mainline. The 717 was supposed to be there this year but apparently spreading the fleet over the entire country is a little much for its current size.

WorldTraveler said:
Given that DL is aggressively replacing Delta Connection flying with DL mainline, the best way to ensure DL employees carry DL passengers is by continuing the trend.
That's great for Pilots & F/A's, but doesn't translate to other workgroups.

The vast majority of DCI ASMs are produced on the domestic system.
...Which'll surprise no one. What's your point?

The Shuttle at LGA to ORD, BOS, and DCA are all large RJs and out of a separate terminal than the rest of the DL operation. DL handles far more DCI flights with mainline personnel at the other LGA terminals as well as at JFK, LAX, and SEA.
But not in places like MSP & DTW.

As for other stations, having employees work any A/C that shows up isn't a "good news story," about a benevolent employer; it's a boring, pragmatic one about best use of resources, and offsetting fixed costs.

Given DL's growth on the west coast, it is only a matter of time before a lot of that DCI flying is done by DL mainline. The 717 was supposed to be there this year but apparently spreading the fleet over the entire country is a little much for its current size.
Great. And when places like SAN, SNA, SMF, SJC & OAK are opened up for BW employees to bid into, let us know...

Kev3188 said:
Great. And when places like SAN, SNA, SMF, SJC & OAK are opened up for BW employees to bid into, let us know...

Those are the new stations you are hung up on? No longer MIA?

Josh

Back