Delta Shuttle being outsourced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The downfall of the industry? Really? I guess it has nothing to do with the massive insurance increases or the price of fuel the last couple of years. I am glad the unions fought for the safety and the work week limits. What is left for them to do besides collect my dues and make decisions for me?

Ensure that those protections remain in place, for starters.

Guess what, they have taken care of us.

So when I watched DL rampers get outsourced on employee appreciation day, that was being taken care of? Really? What about all the other outsourcing casualties? What about the PPT program? The SS offset? The lack of vacation weeks?

Keep your union to yourselves, we dont want it here.

Speak for yourself. There's a lot of us that do.

Kev, I wish you Luck Brother!

Thank you! :up:

An employee has a right to keep their job, especially if they are performing as expected, a good work record and a team player..

Unfortunately some companies will attempt all means possible to outsource and eliminate a position based simply and solely on "saving a buck".

Exactly!

I would have no problem with a meritocracy; in fact, damn near all of us would do fine. The critical flaw in that is that the system requires *mutual respect,* which is something that doesn't happen here. with this regime, the goal posts are always moving.

By "saving a buck" you mean giving the stockholders what they expect?

I am a stockholder, and I expect the employees of a company I invest in to be treated well.

The unions sure did a great job of keeping work from being out sourced didnt they? I seem to have heard NW Dulth hangar closing and the UN Indy hangar closing. Great work was done there. The UN guy I worked with that had 18 years with United really thinks the union did a great job with that one. :down:

The IAM did a great job all things considered. NW wanted to only keep MSP & DTW staffed, and there's still 40 cities that are. You should see what the company wanted vs. what was achieved in the end. Ditto the AFA.

I hear you on AMFA. The imposed terms they're currently working under are atrocious; I don't see them being certified at the combined carrier. Hopefully, some day there will be a drive for you guys as well.

With that said, there is great benefit, no, necessity for the other groups to remain represented.

Protection? :lol: Thats the point, there is no protection with the union. Didnt you read what I posted?

They have already done it to me, BTW, I was laid off for 22 months when overhauls left ATL.

There is a TON of protection under a CBA. The fact that I was able to avoid furlough is absolutely due to the language in our contract.

As of March 2009, 100% of the LGA-DCA flights will be operated by a connection carrier. There are rumors of the BOS-LGA going over to connection as well...but for right now, thats all it is...a rumor.

Current seating...

MD88 = 14 F, 126 Y

E175 = 12 F, 64 Y

...and for those that commute on DCA-LGA this will also mean no jumpseat!

For the foreseeable future, US will continue to operate A319 a/c on the DCA-LGA Shuttle. All have two cockpit jumpseats, and US has reciprocal F/A jumpseat agreements with several carriers.

It is their job to make decisions that effect the company. Since when is it my right to have their job? If I dont like I can pack up and go elsewhere, same as any one else. If you want good employees you take care of them. Guess what, they have taken care of us. I kept my job during the layoff waves much longer than my counterparts at other airlines. I have had to make sacrifices, pay and benefits, but it has helped the company emerge stronger.

Keep your union to yourselves, we dont want it here.
So this is why I stopped talking up union in ATL. These types just can't see any reason to be represented. Of course AMFA royally screwed up at NW and that didn't help the pro union drive at DL among the AMT's.

For me DL didn't take care of me. At the last RIF event I was told either move or your furloughed. I moved, sold my house, wife got a new job, bought a new house 1000 miles away and after SIX months got recalled to ATL. I still think Tony Charaf is an idiot for furloughing and recalling after SIX months. I had to turn down that recall. I just couldn't uproot again that soon. Now they are saying Tech helper time is equal to AMT time for senority. I say B***S*** to that. Why should a Helper move over to a Tech slot and keep all bid senority? Why should a guy that has been fixing seats that can't sign for his work move to AMT and bid better days than a guy that has been using his ticket?

I know this post has nothing to do with this thread. Seems like that is the way this board is tending. EVERY thread drills down to a labor issue. How things have changed.

1. Actually your idiocy knows no bounds. My company has issued raises without times being good. Oh yeah, you don't concider it a pay raise. Maybe you should do some research on employment in America. You should be happy to be employed at this time much less be concerned about a pay raise. There are so many others waiting to take your job at half the pay.

2. Your going to use data from someone who calls himself Bagboy who is going to quit as soon as he votes pro union? Emphasis on boy.

3. I have to ask you, where do you get your logic that you should be making $40.00 per hour delivering luggage? You should be happy you have a job at all.
I hope you take some of your own advise. Your skills as a tech are valuable but there is a long line of techs waiting to take your job too at half the rate.

I am planning on leaving this business. I do not like what Delta has done to its employees with its farm out policy. I can't raise a family on a hand shake and a wink promising that they won't do it again. If going back to school to get retrained so that I may better care for my family makes me a boy, so be it. If voting for what I feel is right for me, my family and my Brothers, than call me a boy. I don't think you know enough about any of this to wage an opinion on it.

I am leave for another reason as well. I don't like the "Delta culture". Some of you have your heads so far up your asses, pretending that your sh#t doesn't stink it is pointless to talk with you about real issues. Time and time again when people bring up the flaws of the Delta way, supported by fact not just opinion, we are told that we know nothing about how to run a business. We at NWA have been running a great business for over 75 years and have sacrificed plenty for the good of the company. I and many others are just tired of giving. When is the company going to give back? Please think before you speak.

This thread has gone from a discussion of DL Shuttle outsourcing to a namecalling, personal attack fest. The thread is closed. All of you know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.