Delta Shuttle being outsourced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from DFW where they are going from under wing contract to all Delta. You always seem to give your doom and gloom/we need a union scenarios. You obviously have never had your own business and if you did it probably failed with your attitude. This is a tipsy turvy time where business is concerned. Of course you wouldn't understand that being a non business person. Maybe you should try reporting the stations that are going back to company operated. You only want to report the negative. This is an awesome company! If you don't think so. You fill in the rest.
Yeah Kev, If you would just give us all a break from reality and join us in a big cup of what ever the tech is drinking. You must be kidding.

1. How would you know if I have (or have had) a business? You do not know me well enough to comment on my business acumen/history. Do not make that mistake again.

2. I have commented on what stations are coming back "in house" on this site quite a bit. Maybe you should do some research before lashing out.

3. If this is such an "awesome" company with benevolent leaders, they should have no problem putting things like Scope, pay, and benefits in a binding agreement.

And "IF" you had your own company , I'm sure you wouldn't mind signing a contract with your employees, garaunteeing , lets say $40.00 bucks an hour !......................No matter what shape your company or the economy was in .......................right ? :shock:

Personally, I think management and employees pay should be based on the companys performance..............don't you agree ?
It'd help get rid of the dead-beats !

And "IF" you had your own company , I'm sure you wouldn't mind signing a contract with your employees, garaunteeing , lets say $40.00 bucks an hour !......................No matter what shape your company or the economy was in .......................right ? :shock:

Personally, I think management and employees pay should be based on the companys performance..............don't you agree ?
Amen!

Youre out of your mind. That system has been working for the auto industry for years with absolutely no issues.

:lol:

That is a great idea. We perform and they pay us. I perform each and everyday, rain, sun, or a foot of snow. Get rid of the dead-beats, you don't sound like much of a team player. At NWA our on time is ahead of the curve and our lost luggage tops DL by about 9%. I think that we are performing very well. PS Richard collects his bounty each year no atter what the state of the union. Yes the bonus maybe a few bucks less if the numbers aren't in his favor but he still collects. Its in his contract.

No I don't agree. The fundamental flaw in your logic is that while the company is quick to look for concessions at the first sign of trouble, they are *never* willing to grant a raise when times are good.

On the other hand, as Bagboy noted, using your theory, we at NW should currently be making the $40.00 you mentioned.

Your idiocy knows no bounds.

As Tech2101 says, "please continue to post."

No I don't agree. The fundamental flaw in your logic is that while the company is quick to look for concessions at the first sign of trouble, they are *never* willing to grant a raise when times are good.

On the other hand, as Bagboy noted, using your theory, we at NW should currently be making the $40.00 you mentioned.

Since coming out of bankruptcy I have gotten 2 raises, stock twice, and monthly bonuses for making our numbers. I have made more this year than I have ever at DAL. Are you sure you have your facts straight?

Since coming out of bankruptcy I have gotten 2 raises, stock twice, and monthly bonuses for making our numbers. I have made more this year than I have ever at DAL. Are you sure you have your facts straight?

I'm sure.

Did you receive raises per se, or were they merely restoration(s) toward your original pre BK rate? I'm guessing the latter.

We get performance bonuses too, but they're nowhere near what Southwind's theory should indicate....

Show me somewhere-anywhere-in recent times that a company has willingly opened section 6 negs. early (or just offered a raise) simply because they either felt like it, or because the company was making money hand over fist.

I'm sure.

Did you receive raises per se, or were they merely restoration(s) toward your original pre BK rate? I'm guessing the latter.

We get performance bonuses too, but they're nowhere near what Southwind's theory should indicate....

Show me somewhere-anywhere-in recent times that a company has willingly opened section 6 negs. early (or just offered a raise) simply because they either felt like it, or because the company was making money hand over fist.

The raises were restorations, certainly, my pay is still 8% shy of what I was making 5 years ago. It is a step in the right direction. the 10k in stock and profit sharing is what made the difference this year.

The raises were restorations, certainly, my pay is still 8% shy of what I was making 5 years ago. It is a step in the right direction. the 10k in stock and profit sharing is what made the difference this year.

Don't fret, it's only going to go up from here on... :p

View attachment 8120

B) xUT

1. Actually your idiocy knows no bounds. My company has issued raises without times being good. Oh yeah, you don't concider it a pay raise. Maybe you should do some research on employment in America. You should be happy to be employed at this time much less be concerned about a pay raise. There are so many others waiting to take your job at half the pay.

2. Your going to use data from someone who calls himself Bagboy who is going to quit as soon as he votes pro union? Emphasis on boy.

3. I have to ask you, where do you get your logic that you should be making $40.00 per hour delivering luggage? You should be happy you have a job at all.

1. How would you know if I have (or have had) a business? You do not know me well enough to comment on my business acumen/history. Do not make that mistake again.

2. I have commented on what stations are coming back "in house" on this site quite a bit. Maybe you should do some research before lashing out.

3. If this is such an "awesome" company with benevolent leaders, they should have no problem putting things like Scope, pay, and benefits in a binding agreement.
1. Ok, let me ask, have you had a business of your own? Did you have a binding contract with your employees? What happened to this company? I didn't make a mistake unless you are a hypopcrit who didn't give your employees a binding contract.

2. Probably right. I don't spend much time on the internet especially at christmas. I think research in forums is boring and takes too much of my time.

3. Putting things like Scope, pay, and benefits does not a great company make. I help unload luggage when waiting on my tools to be unloaded. Does this mean I can have a grievance filed against me if a union were involved or does this make me a dedicated employee?

1. Actually your idiocy knows no bounds. My company has issued raises without times being good. Oh yeah, you don't concider it a pay raise. Maybe you should do some research on employment in America. You should be happy to be employed at this time much less be concerned about a pay raise. There are so many others waiting to take your job at half the pay.

2. Your going to use data from someone who calls himself Bagboy who is going to quit as soon as he votes pro union? Emphasis on boy.

3. I have to ask you, where do you get your logic that you should be making $40.00 per hour delivering luggage? You should be happy you have a job at all.

I think this really points out what is wrong in this industry, those with your mentality. The whole "i'm just happy to have a job" mentality is what keeps driving our wages and benefits to the ground.

Yes there are people that are willing to do our job for 1/2 the pay, thats whats really scary...and if management can give you a pink slip and be able to save a couple mil and get a bigger bonus they will. Its a little harder to just do it when you have a contract, yes it happened at NW...also say thank you to the most anti-labor administration in history.

Its not a fight to the bottom, remember that! Consider the skills and the service you provide to your company, consider the experience you bring your company...thats not something you can learn in a couple of months...whats the price tag on that?

I help unload luggage when waiting on my tools to be unloaded. Does this mean I can have a grievance filed against me if a union were involved or does this make me a dedicated employee?

I have seen this at NW,UA,WN and many other unionized carriers...I don't think the union filed a grievance when this happened. You are a team player, and so are many others that want to see their company succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts