Delta Shuttle being outsourced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is NOT my right to my job. If I dont perform, why in the world should they keep me around?
An employee has a right to keep their job, especially if they are performing as expected, a good work record and a team player..

Unfortunately some companies will attempt all means possible to outsource and eliminate a position based simply and solely on "saving a buck".

An employee has a right to keep their job, especially if they are performing as expected, a good work record and a team player..

Unfortunately some companies will attempt all means possible to outsource and eliminate a position based simply and solely on "saving a buck".

By "saving a buck" you mean giving the stockholders what they expect? Maybe they should just let the company starve, like the auto industry, and eventually die? That makes much more sense. :blink:

The only people I have seen actually fired have either failed a drug test or done something way out of protocol and risked their safety or the safety of others and deserved it.

By "saving a buck" you mean giving the stockholders what they expect? Maybe they should just let the company starve, like the auto industry, and eventually die? That makes much more sense. :blink:
surely that does not imply, it is acceptable for an employee with a good work record to be outsourced and it is justified in order for the shareholders to collect?

lets break it down, some companies will attempt to outsource an employee with a good work record for the sole reason they do not want to pay them a realistic wage.

Happy Holidays...

The only people I have seen actually fired have either failed a drug test or done something way out of protocol and risked their safety or the safety of others and deserved it.
'Fired' is one thing, but 'Laid off' is a different matter. If your former Management Team had not had their hands in your wallet, you might be a tad better off today. The best part is, you really think it's going to get better! Sir, with all due respect, do you really think Richard Anderson gives a 'Snot-Wipe' about your future? Do you actually think the Greedy Basterds on Wall Street care about you? Got an idea.... run to the newly developed HR Department and ask them. I'm sure you will get about as much info as Southwind passes on his 'Dingy' trying to make it move'!

So I dont even have to cross a picket line anymore to be labled eh?

Seems to me that the reference included within the post defined your status, eh? I even provided the verbatim link, n'est pas? But, if the shoe fits, wear it.

BTW You wear it well! It is what it is....

So be it, call me a scab, if that will keep the likes of you away from my work place.

Damn children.

(whispering) pssssssst...I'm already here. ;)

So I dont even have to cross a picket line anymore to be labled eh? So be it, call me a scab, if that will keep the likes of you away from my work place.

Damn children.

BTW,

Why do you feel that it is okay for the DL pilots and executives to have a contract and not yourself?

Do you feel that the DL pilots and executives have an "entitlement" complex by having a contract?

Do you feel like you would be less of a "team player" by having your work rules and compensation in a legally binding agreement?

Do you feel that the DL pilots would receive as much as they have from DL if they were working under the same non-contract, non-union terms that you have been subjected to?

surely that does not imply, it is acceptable for an employee with a good work record to be outsourced and it is justified in order for the shareholders to collect?

lets break it down, some companies will attempt to outsource an employee with a good work record for the sole reason they do not want to pay them a realistic wage.

Happy Holidays...

The unions sure did a great job of keeping work from being out sourced didnt they? I seem to have heard NW Dulth hangar closing and the UN Indy hangar closing. Great work was done there. The UN guy I worked with that had 18 years with United really thinks the union did a great job with that one. :down:

BTW,

Why do you feel that it is okay for the DL pilots and executives to have a contract and not yourself?

Do you feel that the DL pilots and executives have an "entitlement" complex by having a contract?

Do you feel like you would be less of a "team player" by having your work rules and compensation in a legally binding agreement?

Do you feel that the DL pilots would receive as much as they have from DL if they were working under the same non-contract, non-union terms that you have been subjected to?

I have absolutely nothing to gain by having a contract. After seeing what happened with AMFA and NW why would I sign a card?

Yes, I do believe they have a complex. Some seem to forget that we, on the ground, keep them in the air. That they are but a cog in the machine, not the whole reason for the machine itself.

I think the level of compensation, in some cases, is ridiculous.

Yep, you may be right in what YOU'VE seen. Conversely, what I've seen is a whole lot different. With respect to the former employees, I will not expound.

The unions sure did a great job of keeping work from being out sourced didnt they? I seem to have heard NW Dulth hangar closing and the UN Indy hangar closing. Great work was done there. The UN guy I worked with that had 18 years with United really thinks the union did a great job with that one. :down:

what makes you think they wont do the same to you(especially when you have zero protections) while you point out what they already have done before? sometimes the protections can be simply recall, severance, insurance, ext. Can every base closure/station be completely avoided all together? not always, but the difference maybe how it will be handled by having language in writing.

doing a great job keeping work from being outsourced? correct.

nearly half our ranks were targeted for elimination to year 1989 that would have destroyed
loyal Flight Attendant careers and our profession(that would have a domino effect on the industry with foreign outsourcing of Flight Attendant) for no reason other than "saving a buck", when all was said and done, a buyout was negotiated to offset the overage. there is a much bigger picture here that continues, but I tend to believe attempting to explain it to you would be a complete waste of time as it appears you feel we are making it up or you just dont care(and I wish that was not the case, as it seems these issues that are so important to us are just not a concern to others at all).

what makes you think they wont do the same to you(especially when you have zero protections) while you point out what they already have done before?

Protection? :lol: Thats the point, there is no protection with the union. Didnt you read what I posted?

They have already done it to me, BTW, I was laid off for 22 months when overhauls left ATL.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by having a contract.
...and everything to lose.

After seeing what happened with AMFA and NW why would I sign a card?
I wouldn't want AMFA either. Why not start a petition for the Teamsters.

Yes, I do believe they have a complex. Some seem to forget that we, on the ground, keep them in the air. That they are but a cog in the machine, not the whole reason for the machine itself.
...and with your viewpoint, you'd better pray that the flight attendants and the ramp do not organize. It would only mean that the company will take care of it's contractual obligations before they get around to rewarding you your "non-voice" allocation. The pie would only get smaller and smaller for you.

Protection? :lol: Thats the point, there is no protection with the union. Didnt you read what I posted?

They have already done it to me, BTW, I was laid off for 22 months when overhauls left ATL.
I do not find anything funny about layoffs and yes I read what you posted.

I do not find anything funny about layoffs and yes I read what you posted.

Whats laughable is your idea of protection. My wifes tears when I told her my job was lost certainly wasnt funny.

Why dont you start a drive 2Black? I have no taste at all for a union.

Status
Not open for further replies.