Delta Shuttle being outsourced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this really points out what is wrong in this industry, those with your mentality. The whole "i'm just happy to have a job" mentality is what keeps driving our wages and benefits to the ground.

Yes there are people that are willing to do our job for 1/2 the pay, thats whats really scary...and if management can give you a pink slip and be able to save a couple mil and get a bigger bonus they will. Its a little harder to just do it when you have a contract, yes it happened at NW...also say thank you to the most anti-labor administration in history.

Its not a fight to the bottom, remember that! Consider the skills and the service you provide to your company, consider the experience you bring your company...thats not something you can learn in a couple of months...whats the price tag on that?
the mistake happens when these companies think replacing highly professional men and women who possess competitive resumes/multi-lingual/college educated ...with "anyone who will take any job for any price" to save a buck.

a company should want to retain the most desirable candidate and when they have them...keep them! ... not settle for "whoever will work the cheapest" ...

The raises were restorations, certainly, my pay is still 8% shy of what I was making 5 years ago. It is a step in the right direction. the 10k in stock and profit sharing is what made the difference this year.

No argument here. It's definitely a step in the right direction, and one that I hope continues for both of us!

In 2007, it was the claim pay outs that put me over the top.

1. Actually your idiocy knows no bounds. My company has issued raises without times being good. Oh yeah, you don't concider it a pay raise. Maybe you should do some research on employment in America. You should be happy to be employed at this time much less be concerned about a pay raise. There are so many others waiting to take your job at half the pay.

You really need to read thoroughly before you post. Who's clamoring for a raise? All I want is to be restored to what I had pre BK. As for wanting to remain employed? Well, yeah, of course I do; why do you think I'm such a poponent of a Scope Clause? As for those who are willing to do it at half my rate, have you seen the caliber of new hires lately? trust me when I tell you it's in all our best interest to keep as many experienced people around as possible.

2. Your going to use data from someone who calls himself Bagboy who is going to quit as soon as he votes pro union? Emphasis on boy.

Actually, we're discussing "data" from your boy Southwind.

3. I have to ask you, where do you get your logic that you should be making $40.00 per hour delivering luggage? You should be happy you have a job at all.

It's not my logic. Go back and read the thread. really read it. And spare me the whole "you're just lucky to have a job" tripe; it's that very fear mongering that companies use to continually push us all down. Maybe you live in perpetual fear, but I do not.

1. Ok, let me ask, have you had a business of your own? Did you have a binding contract with your employees? What happened to this company? I didn't make a mistake unless you are a hypopcrit who didn't give your employees a binding contract.

The answers in order are: yes, yes, and I divested my stake when I moved 2000 miles away.

2. Probably right. I don't spend much time on the internet especially at christmas. I think research in forums is boring and takes too much of my time.

All well and good, except that it makes you look like an ignorant fool when you come back on...

3. Putting things like Scope, pay, and benefits does not a great company make.

When it comes to commercial aviation, nothing else matters without scope.

I help unload luggage when waiting on my tools to be unloaded. Does this mean I can have a grievance filed against me if a union were involved or does this make me a dedicated employee?

No, this means you're in a hurry to get your sh*t so the plane can get fixed, and if you come into my city, the faster you can get to it the better, as I want that plane gone ASAP.

Now, if you stay and "work" the flight with us, that's a different story... Look at it like this: If I hand you your tool box, I'm not doing your job. If I get up there and start rigging cables I most certainly am.

You should be happy to be employed at this time much less be concerned about a pay raise. There are so many others waiting to take your job at half the pay.

You should be happy you have a job at all.

In other words: [I am willing to take a 50% cut in pay. After all there are many more who would be lucky to have my job at that pay...]

You will take what Delta Airlines gives you...period. So, If they cut your pay, you will say you are least lucky to have a job. :rolleyes:

You represent the cancer on this industry that has caused its downfall. I am guessing you have not been in it long.

You say exactly the same things that the scabs said in justifying crossing the picket lines. If there were more like you in the past, we would never have had a 40 hour work week, overtime pay, safety regulations, etc...

I suggest it is you who do some research on employment in America, and on who fought for what most people, including you, enjoy today.

With what we airline employees went thru and sacrificed and gave up, who wants to go thru that again?
If the airlines weren't so mismanaged in the first place, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
So we are starting a race to the bottom, huh.........

Must be a disciple of the "Cult of Lorenzo" :shock:

Ok now back on topic :up: Is the entire shuttle BOS-LGA-DCA all going to Connection carrier? Or is it just LGA-DCA-LGA? That is a significant reduction in seats. I for one have many miles on DL and if it's going to be signficantly downsized I WILL switch to US- begrudgingly ! Can someone , does ANYONE have a definitive answer to this??? Thanks :up:

As of March 2009, 100% of the LGA-DCA flights will be operated by a connection carrier. There are rumors of the BOS-LGA going over to connection as well...but for right now, thats all it is...a rumor.

Current seating...

MD88 = 14 F, 126 Y

E175 = 12 F, 64 Y

...and for those that commute on DCA-LGA this will also mean no jumpseat!

In other words: [I am willing to take a 50% cut in pay. After all there are many more who would be lucky to have my job at that pay...]

You will take what Delta Airlines gives you...period. So, If they cut your pay, you will say you are least lucky to have a job. :rolleyes:

You represent the cancer on this industry that has caused its downfall. I am guessing you have not been in it long.

You say exactly the same things that the scabs said in justifying crossing the picket lines. If there were more like you in the past, we would never have had a 40 hour work week, overtime pay, safety regulations, etc...

I suggest it is you who do some research on employment in America, and on who fought for what most people, including you, enjoy today.

The downfall of the industry? Really? I guess it has nothing to do with the massive insurance increases or the price of fuel the last couple of years.

I am glad the unions fought for the safety and the work week limits. What is left for them to do besides collect my dues and make decisions for me?

isnt the company already doing that for you?...(without any thing in writing on top of it)

It is their job to make decisions that effect the company. Since when is it my right to have their job? If I dont like I can pack up and go elsewhere, same as any one else. If you want good employees you take care of them. Guess what, they have taken care of us. I kept my job during the layoff waves much longer than my counterparts at other airlines. I have had to make sacrifices, pay and benefits, but it has helped the company emerge stronger.

Keep your union to yourselves, we dont want it here.

It is their job to make decisions that effect the company. Since when is it my right to have their job? If I dont like I can pack up and go elsewhere, same as any one else. If you want good employees you take care of them. Guess what, they have taken care of us. I kept my job during the layoff waves much longer than my counterparts at other airlines. I have had to make sacrifices, pay and benefits, but it has helped the company emerge stronger.

You mean like Anderson making over $11 million in 4 months in 2007?
Or like Anderson getting tens of millions of dollars this year while Delta stock has gone down 60% and Delta has lost close to $500 million?

Seems to me like Anderson and his minions keep getting millions...while you get peanuts! Do you really consider yourself a circus monkey? If so its ok...you can move on, but don't stay and effect the lives of your coworkers who value the service they provide to Delta and would like to be able to take care of their family!

The Delta pilots haven't had too many problems getting their share and then some, beings that Delta is now "stronger" as you say.

The downfall of the industry? Really? I guess it has nothing to do with the massive insurance increases or the price of fuel the last couple of years.

I think the recent increases in fares and other charges hasn't made up for the difference? How many fare hikes were there in 2008?

What effect have the new baggage fees had?
10-15% reduction in checked baggage: lower fuel burn due to lighter airplanes, and more room for cargo

Revenue from the checked bags has also generated an unprecedented jump in revenue from baggage fees!

Oh...and not sure if you missed it...but oil is at $37 per barrell, Ed Bastian said earlier this month that Delta will see a savings of $5 billion in 2009 on fuel costs alone compaared to 2008, and the merger will create $2 billion in synergies...

...do the math pal!

Go tell that line to all the people who were laid off when DFW shut down! Let's not even consider the 'UpComing' Lay-offs some of you will face. Yep, yer right, Keep Delta My Delta Union Free and get ready to ride the "Witches Broom"! Ever notice one simple fact..... your pilots are Union... now why would that be? Good Luck to all of you. Kev, I wish you Luck Brother!

Since when is it my right to have their job?
you need to read that comment you made, and then re-read it again and then think about what you just wrote. since you clearly feel you do not have any right to "their" job, I tend to view that a little differently, if there are any basic "rights" I believe everyone is entitled to at least the right to a job and once employed with any company, if partcipating in the daily success consider at least for my self in the catagory of "ours" not theirs.. I personally find value within myself...

that is just your personal opinion and furthermore you should at minimum expect others to level your comments when in fact you state one will not make a decision for you... while at the same time someone else already is...

just because others in this industry may do business differently(or even have a different opinion) does not automatically make your way right and others wrong and vice versa, if there is a least one aspect that should be taken into consideration is mutual respect, and your "we dont want it here" comments are not only inappropriate, they were uncalled for..

I accept your apology in advance...

Main Entry: scab
Function: noun

1 : a worker who refuses to join a labor union

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scab

So it basically boils down to, they are getting theirs, wheres mine? They are getting millions and we arent? What makes you think your position at your job warrants more money? How self important do you really think you are?

It is NOT my right to my job. If I dont perform, why in the world should they keep me around?

As for the layoff statement, how long did a mechanic, with 5 years seniority, keep their job after 9-11? After I was laid off, I bumped into many a mechanic, at TIMCO primarily, from different airlines that had way more time than I and they had been laid off much longer. I also was called back sooner.

Very well, I speak for myself. I dont want your union BS making my job more of a hassle, and there are plenty of others with the same sentiment.

So please continue your Kool-Aid talk and all the other childish trash talking. :rolleyes: Have a vote, if yiou can get the cards signed, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.