Delta Starved Me!

I really dont believe that Delta treats the coporate travelers as bad as you have made it. Right now they are fighting to get every paying customer they can get. They are very busy with their CH11 course. But if it were me going across the pond either way, I'd pack more than a snack that way I would bve covered in case of a problem as what you may have encountered.

Whether or not Delta did or didnt' take care of this passenger is not the BIG issue here. The BIG issue is that of a supposedly mature adult whining that he didn't know enough to eat a meal all day long -- and with a "medical" condition, no less -- and oh, geez, it's YOUR responsibility to TAKE CARE OF HIM!

:rant:

Sorry, I'm so sick of people not having any repsonsiblity for their own lives. And really man, you were really waiting for that deliciouso coach-class meal? Trust me, you were better off without the salt- and fat- and preservative-laden so-called meal you would've gotten. Your "ulcer" actually thanks you for missing out on that! And, really, you should have been able to find SOMETHING you could eat -- a salad or veggies or fruit -- off of a regular meal or snack, even, like nuts!

Grow up. Take care of your OWN NEEDS! STOP DEPENDING ON OTHER PEOPLE TO CATER TO YOU. LEARN TO WHIPE YOUR OWN BU##

:boo who:

Ok. I've stepped down from my soap box. Thanks for listening.

Were you at the Superdome in New Orleans...one of those people screaming for FEMA to swoop in and air drop you a 7 course meal while awaiting the air conditioned luxury evacuation bus?

Personal responsibility is obviously a lost concept.

Note that he was sitting in seat 49J - deep in the back section of economy class on the 777-200. If his company isn't paying for a lower numbered seat to meet his obviously needy condition than it's quite possible his "multi-national" company has less concern for his well being than Delta does.

Agree with ch 12 -- flame bait!
A lot of successful multi-national businesses have coach only policies. Many times it is these companies which have strong earnings track records, high-PE ratios and seldom lay off employees, because they watch every $, and don't hire people who aren't going to be needed over the long term. On the other side of the coin, the business in question might be stuck in a tough economic climate, and is trying to right itself without seeking BK court protection.
Maintaining tight control over a travel budget is one way to help accomplish this.

Be careful of using generalizations!!