Delta trying to compete with LCC's

Yes the fare basis one letter on the passenger record

However a certain cheerleader would have no idea what rebates were paid back to corp customers due to different deals cut with different customers

FAs do not have fare basis codes on their reports and they know status of a pax but do not know if a diamond is flying on a full fare or free ticket.
From an agent set it isn't hard to tell but not on an airplane...which is why it is just an idea.

And among non elites FAs have no idea of who has paid what

And the notion that an FA will differentiate service for passengers in the standard economy cabin based on fare paid is counter to what DL FAs are trained to do, isn't it baba?

Kev3188 said:
Agreed. Not all that hard to do...
I always got better service wearing a sport coat than when I wore my Joe Dirt outfit ;) . The F/A's I know (many), know who pays more and who is an experienced flyer. But that is a non scientific observation not backed up by any citaton (like the most prolific poster) here.

because they think like you have just testified that what you wear and how you look affects how much people think you spend - except there is no basis to it at all.

If FAs know what you have paid for your ticket, they have accessed the res system. FA reports show only status - not any indication of fare paid.

And once again, DL's service standards do not allow for any distinction in how service is provided within any cabin. and that is unchanged with the economy basic fare.

All of the fare distinctives of the economy basic fare involve services that take place OUTSIDE of the aircraft. The closest that there will be any distinction onboard is that economy basic passengers will board last which means there may be no overhead space left.

but just because someone boards last DOES NOT mean they are economy basic passengers.

there is no way for anyone onboard to know what has been paid for a ticket.

WorldTraveler said:
FAs do not have fare basis codes on their reports and they know status of a pax but do not know if a diamond is flying on a full fare or free ticket.
From an agent set it isn't hard to tell but not on an airplane...which is why it is just an idea.
And among non elites FAs have no idea of who has paid what
And the notion that an FA will differentiate service for passengers in the standard economy cabin based on fare paid is counter to what DL FAs are trained to do, isn't it baba?
Again we have an idea and of course we don't know who is on what fare structure.
just recenty I had a "feeling" during boarding of one of my flights in BE, I just had to ask the agents before the door closed. Low and behold I was correct that most my passengers where on paid FF tickets. A f/a just knows. And they all get the Same service no matter what. Even the S4's Or least that's how it's suppose to be.
In YC it's common knowledge that exit row and seats towards the front (not Y+) cost more but again everyone gets the same service.

and that is precisely the point - that the highest revenue passengers get better seats while the lowest fare passengers have a higher chance of ending up in middle seats.... but service within the cabin is unchanged.

and some passengers also have a pretty good idea of who is paying and who is using upgrades and who are non-revs.

WorldTraveler said:
and that is precisely the point - that the highest revenue passengers get better seats while the lowest fare passengers have a higher chance of ending up in middle seats.... but service within the cabin is unchanged.

and some passengers also have a pretty good idea of who is paying and who is using upgrades and who are non-revs.

Actually not true - it happens all the time that a last minute purchase which is the higher fare ends up in a middle seat - otherwise why would the widget send you a "stuck in the middle" email and reward you for getting such a bad seat

and that is precisely why DL intends to break the cycle by ensuring that last minute high revenue passengers don't end up in middle seats while deep discounted passengers have aisle seats.

DL is doing what is necessary to increase its revenue premium to the industry... you do realize that DL gets a 7% premium in fares compared to other US airlines, don't you?

people are willing to pay DL more to fly DL than on any other airline.

Did you know cargo revenue is down 1% at DL - I guess the cargo play in the LA-NY market is paying off

no, DL picked up 2.5 million pounds of cargo revenue from AA. Cargo is down to/from Russia. They are hurting.

Oh - so it's Russian cargo that's hurting DL - sucks to be DL - what they have one flight a day and it's had that much impact on DL's cargo revenue

And AA's cargo revenue is up YTD - amazing how you struggle

BABABOOY said:
Again we have an idea and of course we don't know who is on what fare structure.
just recenty I had a "feeling" during boarding of one of my flights in BE, I just had to ask the agents before the door closed. Low and behold I was correct that most my passengers where on paid FF tickets. A f/a just knows. And they all get the Same service no matter what. Even the S4's Or least that's how it's suppose to be.
In YC it's common knowledge that exit row and seats towards the front (not Y+) cost more but again everyone gets the same service.
The main point that everyone is proving is that WT was wrong again. F/A's can and do know who is who and who bought what. It has been said here by many now. Besides, we all know that when flyers select the choices that include the drink or drinks that they are still being paid for thru the ticket price one way or another. It is completely up to the F/A'small during a flight rather to supply someone with a free drink or not to keep a customer happy.

No, FAs do not know what fare a passenger has paid and Baba did not say they did.

He said they have an "idea" which has to be confirmed with a gate agent.

And you still miss the point that DL does not and will distinguish service in the economy cabin between passengers.

and for the record, neither does WN.

and let's also remember that DL and WN provide a little snack (peanuts for WN), (peanuts, pretzels, or cookies on DL) while AA and UA do not. Every economy passenger gets the same choice.

Latest posts

Back