DL transatlantic routes perform well when compared with others

Bear,
the point is that DL is taking advantage of its restructuring to dramatically improve its int'l route system. And I write my diatribes because I believe that DL will more than successfully restructure and I want to lay the case out for others to see the wisdom of my viewpoints. I certainly didn't say that DL is the best airline in the history of the world. I have said DL is taking full advantage of the opportunity to restructure itself. Not unlike what CO did in 2 bankruptcies and 10 years of aggressive int'l growth.

My comparisons with UA are merely to point out that UA has allowed its position in Europe and Latin America to be eroded. Outside of Asia, UA is not a leading int'l airline.

Incidentally, CO is supposedly shopping around for add'l widebody int'l aircraft they can use until their 787s and few more 777s arrive. They apparently are not real interested in letting DL grow real big in NYC.

You and about 1000 other people keep reading them.

After years of being neglected, NYC is now being fought over by lots of great airlines. They've got to be enjoying it.

ok...then you're bored.

let me ask you this...what and when were the last and next three international destinations added by any US airline and what number does that total make in that region? perhaps that tells you is expanding and growing and what kind of base they already have.

what and when were the last and next three international destinations added by any US airline and what number does that total make in that region? perhaps that tells you is expanding and growing and what kind of base they already have.
Expanding and adding destinations is nice.

Being solvent is even nicer.

I hope you won't be disappointed if DL restructures successfully.... all the indications are that DL and NW will exit as fast if not faster and more successfully than planned. Doesn't hurt that the industry is getting rational together but it will surely improve DL and NW's prospects.

Well, my past posts will PROVE that I have NOT been a fan of World Traveler.

Having said that, since he works for UA, he then has the right to BASH UA, if he is NOT happy !!!

I'm not sure, if I were in his shoes, that I would have Taken his approach, BUT, that is what "I" would have done !

As ALWAYS(In this Unforgiving business) Time will tell, if WT will be correct.

IF he is, I will "quickly" admit I was wrong !!

??????????

NH/BB's

He is not only a windbag, he's also a liar. He doesn't work at United any more than he works at Delta.

He is a Delta passenger with so many miles, he needs Delta so he can remain feeling important.

He was just trying to throw you off.

I hope you won't be disappointed if DL restructures successfully....
I'll be very happy if DL strutctures successfully. Since I am a consumer of airline products now and not an employee, it will be better for me if more seats keep whizzing around the air and airline execs are forced to keep fares down in an effort to fill them. If employees are willing to work for pennies to make that happen, that is their choice. Plus I wouldn't want to see the tens of thousands of DL employees out of a job. They have a DL heritage to be proud of (except for the non-union bit).

Of course I would miss the pleasure of seeing you squirm and spin even more than you are now, but I can live with that.

And for the record, I think DL will survive, and have never said anything to the contrary. I am just here to point out your hypocrisy and ridiculous-ness when appropriate, and the double standards you have when analyzing DL compared to every other airline, especially UA.

all the indications are that DL and NW will exit as fast if not faster and more successfully than planned.
Time will tell. I hope for the sake of DL employees, the Ch.11 process is as quick and painless as possible. But I also hope DL doesn't come out too quickly before it is really ready, only to pull a USAirways.

Well, my past posts will PROVE that I have NOT been a fan of World Traveler.

Having said that, since he works for UA, he then has the right to BASH UA, if he is NOT happy !!!
For heaven's sake, NHBB, you really believed him when he sarcastically said he is a UA employee???

He's no more a UA employee than USAir320pilot or Mr. Fish are.

guys, you're so mean to the BB. You should have just PMd him.

I think I will save your quote about admitting you're wrong since I'm pretty sure the good news will be rolling in for DL before very long. I'll be nice, though. I am (most of the time anyway). :)

guys, you're so mean to the BB. You should have just PMd him.

I think I will save your quote about admitting you're wrong since I'm pretty sure the good news will be rolling in for DL before very long. I'll be nice, though. I am (most of the time anyway). :)

==========================================================

Well WT, If I was tricked by you(working for UA), then "MY BAD", and shame on me. :shock: :shock:

I've accused you of many things, BUT never for being "A LIAR" !!!! :down: :down: :down:

NH/BB's