Delta's creditors support independent plan

I suspect Dougie is just the mouthpiece for the real money behind the deal. It's up to Texas Pacific Group if they want to persue the deal, not Dougie.

I suspect Dougie is just the mouthpiece for the real money behind the deal. It's up to Texas Pacific Group if they want to persue the deal, not Dougie.

I find it interesting that the creditor's committee said they'll continue to look at "potential alternatives." Should any potential suitor now assume that they should go ahead and make their best offer? If so, it seems Delta is still up for the taking.

That's my understanding also. aren't they (TPG) part of the group that is buying Quantas?

Anyway, Par Capital and Wellington are our two biggest shareholders now.

Jim

That's my understanding also. aren't they (TPG) part of the group that is buying Quantas?

Anyway, Par Capital and Wellington are our two biggest shareholders now.

Jim
yes bob , they are buying Qantas. they do not have anything to do with usairways anymore. and niether does bronner just in-case.

I've been reading this message board for quite some time. I find it amazing how airline employees from two companies can be so incredibly ugly to one another. Having a position in Mgmt at Delta, I would say that middle mgmt has more to lose than any other employee group in the way of jobs. The Executives have enough money & will come out smelling like a bunch of roses at Delta (and any other airline), they usually do. Both companies have fed koolaide to its employees.

I watched plenty of good, solid employees at Delta with 15+ years let go. Oh yes, there wasn't any political play involved at all.

One thing y'all better understand. Doug didn't invest his time, credibility & money for nothing. This game isn't over yet. If this merger does happen -- or any merger for that fact -- my hope is that as few folks as possible lose their jobs.

And to those that must lose their jobs, I can only have faith that they will finally be the ones that are the stab in the back, know it alls, self righteous, can't see daylight for having their heads up the "right" person's behind, as the middle income folks know -- all those individuals that somehow still exist and keep their jobs within all companies walls that never should have been there in the first place.

horseluver

And to those that must lose their jobs, I can only have faith that they will finally be the ones that are the stab in the back, know it alls, self righteous, can't see daylight for having their heads up the "right" person's behind, as the middle income folks know -- all those individuals that somehow still exist and keep their jobs within all companies walls that never should have been there in the first place.

horseluver

And you are not at all bitter are you?

It is now safe to say the fat lady has sung for US Airways.

The fat lady hasn't even taken the stage buddy!!!

Delta creditors leave options open
Thursday December 21, 2006
Delta Air Lines' Official Creditors' Committee declined to give a swift thumbs-up to the airline's proposed Plan of Reorganization and accompanying Disclosure Statement released Tuesday (ATWOnline, Dec. 20). While stating that it supports the company's decision to file the reorganization plan, the Committee yesterday said it "will continue to consider potential alternatives in order to maximize the ultimate recoveries" for unsecured creditors.

US Airways was quick to point out the committee made it "clear that it has not decided to endorse Delta's Plan of Reorganization and is continuing to evaluate our proposal...We will continue to work with the Creditors' Committee as it evaluates the value created by our proposal compared with Delta's standalone plan."