US-DL Merger: US' For The Record - Dec. 19, 2006

First off, how in the hell did I benefit from the expense of any defunct airline? By the time I became a F/A, Eastern & Pan Am were long gone. You see, I'm alot younger than you are.
Secondly, I am also a nurse. I fly part-time for the flight benefits. So, I could give a rat's *** how "big" your plane is. I simply asked you a question. If you treat your crews the way you treat people on this board, I'm sure you're a real pleasure to fly with. I've worked with neurosurgeons who have a nicer personality than you.
Maybe you should find something else to do with yourself in your hotel room in Seoul.
Let's just say that the Delta that exists today would not be the same without the addition of EAL and Pan Am assets. )heck, it might not even exist).

And in a more recent time frame, the US Airways that your company made every effort to run into the ground has every right to prey upon your carrier now. So cry me a river.

I answered someone else's quip about plane size, you were the one that brought the referenece back up Sweetie. And I too joined the airline industry long after EAL and Pan Am were history...,

That does not mean that history did not occur, nor hold DAL any less responsible for it today. So enough with the indignation already, you and the rest of the people at Delta cannot pull it off...

You are a non union-represetned flight attendant working for an airline in bankruptcy, and as such you will just have to cope with the "un-nice Personality" of of the Airline World... (because mine could matter less in this situation).

Good Luck.

Let's just say that the Delta that exists today would not be the same without the addition of EAL and Pan Am assets. )heck, it might not even exist).

No airline is the same today. Your point?

And in a more recent time frame, the US Airways that your company made every effort to run into the ground has every right to prey upon your carrier now. So cry me a river.
I'm not crying over anything. You're the one who seems to have some personal vendetta.

I answered someone else's quip about plane size, you were the one that brought the referenece back up Sweetie. And I too joined the airline industry long after EAL and Pan Am were history...,
No, "sweetie". Actually you questioned if I was "clever" enough to figure out what airplane was bigger than a 777. And, if you're my age, then you probably won't get called back to US-so stay in Asia on your "big plane".

That does not mean that history did not occur, nor hold DAL any less responsible for it today. So enough with the indignation already, you and the rest of the people at Delta cannot pull it off...

You are a non union-represetned flight attendant working for an airline in bankruptcy, and as such you will just have to cope with the "un-nice Personality" of of the Airline World... (because mine could matter less in this situation).
Good Luck.
Pull what off? Fine, if it makes you feel any better, I'll personally take all responsibility for DL's actions toward US-even though YOU nor I were even there at the time.
Your responses just keep exemplifying everything I thought about you. And, please, you don't have to wish me "good luck". I'm a cardiac nurse; have you checked your BP lately?

Goodness! Can't we all just get along?

I love to hear pilots argue about aircraft size and skill being related. Barbie jets? Grow up. You either are a good stick or your not. This business has delt some awful cards to a lot of people. You lucky enough to have dodged the bullit, gotten on a good carrier and rode the wave to the left seat or the big iron? Good for you. Got nothing to do with how good you are.....and you know it.

Bottom line is Rico has it nailed. This deal is being controlled by creditors....not airline people. I understand you Delta heads loving your company. For years it was a great airline, and it still can be. But the golden days are over. Think business....not emotion. There still is a very good chance the deal will happen simply because powerfull people that don't know a throttle from a popsicle will decide the numbers work.

Good job, Rico. You broke the code. Go easy on the Kimchi.

Goodness! Can't we all just get along?

I love to hear pilots argue about aircraft size and skill being related. Barbie jets? Grow up. You either are a good stick or your not. This business has delt some awful cards to a lot of people. You lucky enough to have dodged the bullit, gotten on a good carrier and rode the wave to the left seat or the big iron? Good for you. Got nothing to do with how good you are.....and you know it.

Bottom line is Rico has it nailed. This deal is being controlled by creditors....not airline people. I understand you Delta heads loving your company. For years it was a great airline, and it still can be. But the golden days are over. Think business....not emotion. There still is a very good chance the deal will happen simply because powerfull people that don't know a throttle from a popsicle will decide the numbers work.

Good job, Rico. You broke the code. Go easy on the Kimchi.

Well said Hog. It's just business. It doesn't matter who has the bigger toys in the sandbox. The fate of each airline is in the hands of creditors and the execs, not the employees.

I'm furloughed from USAirways, would I rather be in the left seat of one of our aircraft under the pre-9/11 contract? Of course, but I'm not! Was I proud to work for U, did I enjoy my job, Yes.

Was I delt an awful card? Yep! Did I get over it? Pretty much, what's the alternative? Stay in a constant state of depression or be PO'd at the world for the hand I was delt. Doesn't sound like a good option to me.

The industry isn't what it used to be. The best you can do is wait for the dust to settle and see if you have a place as a cog in the machine. Until then, emotions will just raise your BP.

Rico, enjoy the Kimchi and Cheers, I'll have a Star Beer for you in my foreign place of employment! :up:

Yeah, I'd recommend that over drinking "OB" or "Cass", that's why I stick to Guinness if at all possible. And as for Kimchi, well it's everywhere back in Korea, one cannot avoid it...

Back to the posts.

1. Barbie Jet or Whale, what size aircraft I flew (or fly) doesn't mean squat. Some of the best opinons on here have come from people other than pilots. But then again, so have some of the dumbest.

All I care about is what you have to say, and the basis from which your derive your opinon. Not what you do to put food on the table.

2. Would I return from furlough...? I dunno. It would be for a paycut, so that's hit #1, but I had not seriously considered it before this wave of consolidation started to swell up (because of US Airways' move). Now I might.

Let me explain.

It doesn't have anything to do with getting into a "Big Plane", or any of the small-minded reasons that have been tossed around on here. There are bigger planes paying better wages (than in the US) all around the World nowadays...

What really matters is stability.

Three large International Flag Carriers means three profitable (and thus stable) places to work, even if oil hits 100$ a barrel

If the same situation exists today, with the same number of airlines, then you will see an eventual bloodbath. esp if oil hits a 100$ a barrel) And by bloodbath, I mean everyone in the domestic airline industry takes it in the shorts (gee, just like the last few years).

Consolidation is the ONLY manner in which airline labor will begin to recover some of the leverage continually lost since deregulation.

Wonder why UPS employees are getting raises while you are losing pensions and getting paycuts...? It's all about industry pricing power. There exists 3 major players in their industry (gee, that sound familiar). That's enough competition to keep it fair, but enough consolidation that those companies can remain profitable. (and thus provide decent jobs)

So why DAL/US...? Because most of the advantages of adding new routes to a system has already been played out by the major players. What do you think code shares and international alliances are all about...?

No, the only real advantage left to attain is greater market share, not just increased market access. It's the heart and soul of the Hub/Spoke system.

Would I come back, only if I felt that what I came back to had a real chance of success and stability. And the question still remains if the plan Parker put forth can accomplish just that.