Delta's upcoming order for wide-bodies

so, did you walk off the job before NW had to do any overhauls on the A330s they bought?

what part of inadequate was your and AMFA's understanding of the implications of striking against a company that was determined to get what they wanted?

ps. they won. 5000 of NW's highest paid ground workers went out the door and NW's jobs went to contractors - because AMFA didn't ADEQUATELY think it all through.

and your lil buddy on the ramp went to work while you were on strike. I guess the CBA that covered you all was inadequate in covering for each other? or they just decided to ignore it?

WorldTraveler said:
Airbus does say that the additional 6 or so seats contributes about 2% of the 14% of the 339s increased efficiency compared to the 333. I have seen presentations that show that the engines contribute the majority, extra seats are about 2%, and airframe efficiencies are worth a little as well.

Saying you can get more seats in it does not make the fuselage bigger

So bottom line is you were incorrect on the size of the aircraft - however correct that it will hold more seats, have new engines, new wings and have a lower CASM

Size of aircraft is the same as 333

There would be no reason for Airbus to make the 330neo without improving the economics - they achieved it by shrinking the lavs to squeeze in more seats and new fuel efficient wings and engine

Can't rationalize the size away - there is no different in the industry norm of size of aircraft - fuselage - otherwise if all it takes is a minor mod to a wing to say an aircraft is bigger than we would have mile long wings (that is sarcasm)

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
so, did you walk off the job before NW had to do any overhauls on the A330s they bought?

what part of inadequate was your and AMFA's understanding of the implications of striking against a company that was determined to get what they wanted?

ps. they won. 5000 of NW's highest paid ground workers went out the door and NW's jobs went to contractors - because AMFA didn't ADEQUATELY think it all through.

and your lil buddy on the ramp went to work while you were on strike. I guess the CBA that covered you all was inadequate in covering for each other? or they just decided to ignore it?
oh Jesus not this again. You clearly still have not the smallest of an idea just what in the hell your talking about. 

but just keep posting anyways. 

WorldTraveler said:
the 339 is a larger aircraft... winglets, heavier engines.

and Airbus based their sales campaign for the model on additional seats.

It is possible DL will not have any difference in the configuration of the 339s compared to the 333s but Airbus is marketing the 339 as a larger aircraft than the 333.

JFK-GRU and ATL-GIG have both been 764s for at least the last two Julys - peak season in Europe.

the 764 is not a one off aircraft for DL in S. America.

and given that the current 333s can't fly to GRU (it could fly GIG) the chances are very high that the 339s will end up in S. America unless DL chooses to use the HGW 333s.

you can take up your fear of outsourcing engine work with DL, Dawg, but the chances are decent that you will be put out to pasture before the 339s are ready for significant amounts of overhauls.

I suppose you have accepted that inhouse airframe overhauls aren't even possible so you aren't even mentioning that any more.
well alrightly so now I'm an old man eh? funny coming from someone who has been put out to pasture already. 

and without a pension i'll probably get to work till i die. *shrug*

and I don't need to bring up airframe overhauls. I think we have all seen enough of your mis-information on this thread. 

WorldTraveler said:
take it up with Airbus
take what up with airbus

its the same friggin wing. The only thing that is larger is the engines. (heavier is the correct term, the T7000 with still be a 72K motor just like the T700) 

the twist is a little different and the winglet will be made into more of a A350 type winglet.  

Reactions: 1 person
uh, you DO have a pension. it is frozen but you DO have a pension as of 2005.

and you have received 401K contributions since then.

you could have been using your profit sharing to increase your 401K contribution and receive even larger matches from DL if you wanted to.

and the 339 is a larger, heavier aircraft that seats more passengers based on 'standard configuration' than the 333... Airbus says so.

and would you like to tell us the interval the 895s have for overhauls - and if the new engines on the 333s and 359s do the same thing, how many years of service you will have before they will need overhauls?

WorldTraveler said:
uh, you DO have a pension. it is frozen but you DO have a pension as of 2005.
its not active. 

WorldTraveler said:
you could have been using your profit sharing to increase your 401K contribution and receive even larger matches from DL if you wanted to.
I get the max thank you very much

WorldTraveler said:
and the 339 is a larger, heavier aircraft that seats more passengers based on 'standard configuration' than the 333... Airbus says so.
No, you don't understand what the word means.....clearly. 

The 338/339 will be a little bit heavier than the 332/333 (mostly engine weight) but they aren't larger. They MIGHT have more seats due to cabin configurations we don't know yet.  

WorldTraveler said:
and would you like to tell us the interval the 895s have for overhauls - and if the new engines on the 333s and 359s do the same thing, how many years of service you will have before they will need overhauls?
I don't know what the T800s are. Most big engines go 4-6 years on their TBOs. 

Overhauls are not the only thing done in the engine shops. Hospital visits, non-routine and act of god type stuff (bird strike, FOD ingestion) are also something TotalCare will cover.

Those engines would more than likely get a test cell run and some kind of off wing work before their first overhauls.

*note I am not an engine shop guy so I don't have the ability to answer these kinds of questions as well as someone in the engine shop could. 

Latest posts