Democracy In Action

twuer

Veteran
Jul 9, 2003
Just thought I would pass on a bit of information. It seems that a few TWU members attended an AMFA meeting today to clear up a few issues. Well, the big guys weren't too happy about it and refused to start the meeting until they were gone. Delle kicked them right out! What happened to "AMFA is about democracy"????

Twuer

Could you tell us why it would appear these men traveled on company business to and from these meetings. Surely the union that refused entrance to their on members from the same local to a 514 meeting at the fair grounds is not throwing stones. :rolleyes:

aapitbull said:
Twuer

Could you tell us why it would appear these men traveled on company business to and from these meetings. Surely the union that refused entrance to their on members from the same local to a 514 meeting at the fair grounds is not throwing stones. :rolleyes:

Just making a point "Bull". That's all. The AMFA boys are always harping on the democracy in AMFA. I have a feeling that they will somehow justify the actions. Right or wrong???? Who knows. Like I said. . .just making a point!

twuer said:
Just thought I would pass on a bit of information. It seems that a few TWU members attended an AMFA meeting today to clear up a few issues. Well, the big guys weren't too happy about it and refused to start the meeting until they were gone. Delle kicked them right out! What happened to "AMFA is about democracy"????
Where? When? Who? Lets have all the info.

TWUer, democracy is when the distribution of true information is given so individuals can make an educated choice on how they wish to have their lives/profession governed. These "twu" people I am sure would have been welcomed had they acted in a professional matter. Without names I can not comment on these individuals reason for attending. They have not stepped forward on any web site BB and explained their reasons or if the twu did indeed pay them to attend. But judging from posts of people who were there these twu people were there for one reason only, to distrupt democracy. I am sure if AMFA supporters attended a twu "informational" meeting and behaved in the same manner they too would be asked to leave. Now, come Friday the 12th we will see if the twu will allow democracy to take place or if they will do their best to continue to act undemocratic.

The TWU Members at AA were their to ask some serious Questions, but were denied the opportunity thanks to Delle basically telling the AA members we do not want to represent you!

What was interesting was the fact that Delle claims Amfa is democratic but when reality sinks in their ultimate goal is about money! Your money! They do not care about your interest! What are they afraid of? On one hand Delle and The hexarchy of Amfa says the agenda will not work without all the Mechanics and related are under the same umbrella and on the other hand don’t want the Airlines talking to each other! What Questions was the hexarchy afraid to be asked?

Members of AA need to ask some serious Question! You need to ask why amfa does not want you to here what the Mechanics of USAir have to say!

The members were from the RO committee from several locations and are concerned about keeping work in house while it is apparent in the Industry Amfa is willing to out-source your job! The TWU and IAM are the only ones willing to preserve jobs! And work to increase work to increase jobs in-house.

Ken MacTiernan said:
TWUer, democracy is when the distribution of true information is given so individuals can make an educated choice on how they wish to have their lives/profession governed. These "twu" people I am sure would have been welcomed had they acted in a professional matter. Without names I can not comment on these individuals reason for attending. They have not stepped forward on any web site BB and explained their reasons or if the twu did indeed pay them to attend. But judging from posts of people who were there these twu people were there for one reason only, to distrupt democracy. I am sure if AMFA supporters attended a twu "informational" meeting and behaved in the same manner they too would be asked to leave. Now, come Friday the 12th we will see if the twu will allow democracy to take place or if they will do their best to continue to act undemocratic.

Ken,
With all due respect you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about!!
These "twu" people I am sure would have been welcomed had they acted in a professional matter. Our members caused no disturbance but were merely there to observe and respond accordingly. Delle and the boys felt threatened and didn't want the pressure. The only "undemocratic" actions were from AMFA and its leaders.
But judging from posts of people who were there these twu people were there for one reason only, to distrupt democracy.
What posts Ken??? Have you actually talked (in person) to someone who was there at the meeting? Let me guess, you are going by heresay, right, instinct maybe? Get your story straight first before you start posting crap!

twuer said:
aapitbull said:
Twuer

Just making a point "Bull". That's all. The AMFA boys are always harping on the democracy in AMFA. I have a feeling that they will somehow justify the actions. Right or wrong???? Who knows. Like I said. . .just making a point!
It seems you missed the point and the question,which was why did the company provide transportation to and from this meeting. While I will admit I was not present at the meeting I did talk to two people that were there and according to them after the Twu members identified themselves they were asked to leave at which point they turned to the mechanic's from US Air that were there to hear what was being presented and asked if they could stay or should leave,at that point they were told in no uncertain terms they should leave. :D

The question is why were these TWU members on Union Business?

Checking it Out said:
The TWU Members at AA were their to ask some serious Questions, but were denied the opportunity thanks to Delle basically telling the AA members we do not want to represent you!

What was interesting was the fact that Delle claims Amfa is democratic but when reality sinks in their ultimate goal is about money! Your money! They do not care about your interest! What are they afraid of? On one hand Delle and The hexarchy of Amfa says the agenda will not work without all the Mechanics and related are under the same umbrella and on the other hand don’t want the Airlines talking to each other! What Questions was the hexarchy afraid to be asked?

Members of AA need to ask some serious Question! You need to ask why amfa does not want you to here what the Mechanics of USAir have to say!

The members were from the RO committee from several locations and are concerned about keeping work in house while it is apparent in the Industry Amfa is willing to out-source your job! The TWU and IAM are the only ones willing to preserve jobs! And work to increase work to increase jobs in-house.
Why don't you ever finish your sentences?

The TWU and IAM are the only ones willing to preserve jobs by lowering wages or by helping the local government raise your taxes for corporate welfare! And work to increase work to increase jobs in-house by sacrificing seniority accrued vacation, holidays and sick time.

You never do tell the whole story do you? :down:

And just how are all those TWU drives going at all those AMFA represented airlines, anyway? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

AMFA is for democracy when democracy fits AMFA's needs. Ask a supporter of AMFA to leave a TWU meeting for wanting to ask questions....or better yet...refuse to start a meeting until they leave...now that's a grown up attitude!

Checking it Out said:
The appointed members of the R.O. committee wanted to know about outsourcing. How about sending an email to Local 33? Better yet what about picking up the phone? Why spend the members money flying to PHL and staying the night? If you wanted to meet with the NWA R.O. equivalent committee, why didn't these AFWers ask someone on the organizing committee at AFW? Do you honestly believe that people will continue to accept yours lies as the truth? :eek:

AMFAMAN said:
Checking it Out said:
The appointed members of the R.O. committee wanted to know about outsourcing. How about sending an email to Local 33? Better yet what about picking up the phone? Why spend the members money flying to PHL and staying the night? If you wanted to meet with the NWA R.O. equivalent committee, why didn't these AFWers ask someone on the organizing committee at AFW? Do you honestly believe that people will continue to accept yours lies as the truth? :eek:
Why not ask AMFA directly at one of their meetings? Why would Delle refuse to answer question in public? Why call another airline, and have a "personal" one on one talk that is disclaimable?

It is public knowledge that the NWA AMFA position is to outsource at least 38%. Protect the line mechs at all costs, and have the largest local cover cost equal to their % of members, but apparently only give Local 33 one vote when it counts.

I can see why the AMFA organizers here in Tulsa are all conservatives to the right of the GOP. They are operating like their favorite party, by marginalizing all opposition.

I realize that politics is slightly oof topic, but the same mentality is at work.

Qoute from aapitbull;

It seems you missed the point and the question,which was why did the company provide transportation to and from this meeting. While I will admit I was not present at the meeting I did talk to two people that were there and according to them after the Twu members identified themselves they were asked to leave at which point they turned to the mechanic's from US Air that were there to hear what was being presented and asked if they could stay or should leave,at that point they were told in no uncertain terms they should leave. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

Question 1.

AA did not pay for transportation.

Question 2.

Delle and his leader said they wanted the AA members removed and was not going to conduct the meeting until they left. The AA employees asked at least twice to have a vote and Delle and his leaders refused to conduct one. It was not until one of the USAir mechanics asked them to leave and with the mutual respect of our profession, the AA mechanics left.

What are the Leaders of Amfa afraid off?

Back