Hotdogs And Delle

twuer

Veteran
Jul 9, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I got to thinking after hearing something about some of the TWU members wanting to show up at the TUL amfa headquarters on Saturday. Is everyone welcome? Would you mind a bit of, oh how shall I put this, a bit of excitement at your gathering on Saturday? A TWU presense if you will???

Quite a few guys at the base were talking about stopping by to get a bite to eat and meet Delle in person. They just weren't sure if they were invited seeing as you are trying to get rid of them.

So, I thought I would come on here and ask that question knowing that Dave is probably one of those in charge. How 'bout it Dave, are the TWU members invited or do you have to be for amfa to be welcomed??

twuer said:
I got to thinking after hearing something about some of the TWU members wanting to show up at the TUL amfa headquarters on Saturday. Is everyone welcome? Would you mind a bit of, oh how shall I put this, a bit of excitement at your gathering on Saturday? A TWU presense if you will???

Quite a few guys at the base were talking about stopping by to get a bite to eat and meet Delle in person. They just weren't sure if they were invited seeing as you are trying to get rid of them.

So, I thought I would come on here and ask that question knowing that Dave is probably one of those in charge. How 'bout it Dave, are the TWU members invited or do you have to be for amfa to be welcomed??
All AMT craft and class are invited to show up and welcome in the new hall. Just leave the coffin toating trailer and "Scab! Scab! Scab!" chanting people at home. Excitement is one thing. Unprofessionalism is another.

I think I will pass on the invite. I would rather wake up in the morning with my head sewed to the carpet than watch and listen to the little fella wave his Constitution in the air and claim the "Proof is in the Pudding"...! I wonder if the little fella's "Pasture Pudding" is on the dessert menu? To those who attend, you may want to bring your toothbrush to get the taste out of your mouth!

NyQuill said:
Will you be there Ken? And might I ask who made you the spokesperson?
nyquill, I will not be able to attend due to my scheduled shift in SAN. However I applaud the Tulsa AMFA Organizers and Supporters for their professionalism. And no, I am not the spokesperson. A question was asked. I believe I answered it correctly. Will you attend?

High Speed Steel said:
I think I will pass on the invite. I would rather wake up in the morning with my head sewed to the carpet than watch and listen to the little fella wave his Constitution in the air and claim the "Proof is in the Pudding"...! I wonder if the little fella's "Pasture Pudding" is on the dessert menu? To those who attend, you may want to bring your toothbrush to get the taste out of your mouth!
If you do change your mind at least you will be able to once again meet with the head of AMFA National. Unlike the twu and atd. I believe your head is someplace else besides being sewed to the carpet.
At least Dell informs you to read the AMFA Constitution so you can become better informed about issues. I can not ever remember reading or hearing the twu to suggest reading the twu constitution and comparing the two.

twuer said:

Come on by twuer, just leave your alias, your signs, and scab rants at home. Looking forward to finally meeting you in person. Since you know who I am, I'd like to know who you are.

See ya there???? ;)

Ken, For your information I have read the AMFA Constitution as well as the NW agreement and understand that the career's of my fellow Brothers & Sisters at AA would be in jeopardy. With the elimination of Job Protections like what took place at NW you expose the core of your maintenance, which results in outsourcing. Maybe I can put this in another format. With no Blueprint there is no me, with no me there is no Airplane, with no Airplane there is no YOU....!

hay high speed, it was the TWU that eleminated the job protection AMFA fought it.i guess less pay equals more jobs, how low are you willing to go?

twuer said:

twuer,

I "reckon" if we were going to officially invite you, we would have sent an UNSIGNED invitation via FAX to Sonny Hall, from an unelected, unaccountable group calling themselves "team AMFA". We would have requested Sonny not to appear himself, but to send you and a few others, to the open house, and then we would publicly claim that we invited Sonny and he was a No Show.

Isn't that the way it would have to be done for you and the industrial unionist to understand the invitation?

Afterall, this does mirror your so-called invitation to debate "AMFA"?

TWU informer said:
twuer said:

twuer,

I "reckon" if we were going to officially invite you, we would have sent an UNSIGNED invitation via FAX to Sonny Hall, from an unelected, unaccountable group calling themselves "team AMFA". We would have requested Sonny not to appear himself, but to send you and a few others, to the open house, and then we would publicly claim that we invited Sonny and he was a No Show.

Isn't that the way it would have to be done for you and the industrial unionist to understand the invitation?

So is that in invitation or not???

twuer said:
TWU informer said:
twuer said:

twuer,

The impression is, with an "OPEN HOUSE" is that official inviations are not required, thus the term "Open". As in "open to all, no invitation required".

Is this indicative of the TWU's language interpretation skills?

Bob Owens said:
twuer said:
TWU informer said:
twuer said:

twuer,

The impression is, with an "OPEN HOUSE" is that official inviations are not required, thus the term "Open". As in "open to all, no invitation required".

Is this indicative of the TWU's language interpretation skills?
Well, you know these amfa boys, they say one thing and mean another.
It is indicative to the lies and spins that amfa tells. . .

For example. . .
they said 2800 laid off from NWA. . .when it was actually 4800! :shock:

or

Delle and Wildermouth telling the NWA folks that they "will win the Force majeure case and you will get your jobs back". . .when it was actually a case they knew they couldn't win and was lost with the very first witness Seham put up!! :shock:

or

when you Bob took an oath of office and swore to uphold the constitution of the TWU. . .when actually you had no intention of doing so!! :shock:

or

when Delle claimed he had people in the Braniff BK procedings. . .when actually the settlement documents show all the bargaining agents signatures but no amfa!! :shock:

or

when you claim that amfa is the most democratic union. . .when actually Local 33 had to sue Delle after he called a constitutional referendum NULL & VOID!! :shock:

or how about this one

when they printed "everyone is welcome" on the bottom of their flier for the Brady Theatre. . .when actually amfa refused to let people in!! :shock:

or even this

when amfa claims they want to debate and have actually had the oppurtunity at least 3 times. . . when actually on Sept 12, amfa kicked TWU professionals out of the meeting, on Jan 15, TWU opened the debate to ALL and amfa chose to stand in the hallway and not come in and on Jan 17, Delle refused to debate the membership at the Brady Theatre!! :shock:

And that's just the tip of the amfa iceburg! Would you like to see any more?

Now don't go changing the subject and turn this around just respond to the comments made (if you can). . . :up:

TWUer:

Could you please explain the TWU and their allowing the cabin service folks to be replaced by outsourcing?

Do you remember when TWU represented people cleaned and maintained AA terminals and Hangars?

Do you remember when AA mechanics perfomed work now done by OSMs?

I do not work in either of the overhaul bases, but I will tell you this!

When a mechanic has paid his/her dues for years working on the heavy maintenance lines doing all the drudge work that is required, he or she should be able to enjoy their final years AND be able to TRANSFER to a physically less demanding but equally important shop job. He or she should be able to transfer to one of those shops when bad health has hit their bodies.

But the TWU was willing to give that work away and give it to lower paid, less skilled SRP's. Then they used smoke and mirrors to get the classification changed to OSM.

The TWU doesn't care who does the work, just as long as they pay dues and homage to the TWU.

So if this is your interpretation of the TWU saving jobs, you are correct!

JUST NOT MANY MECHANIC'S JOBS!

Hopeful said:
TWUer:

Could you please explain the TWU and their allowing the cabin service folks to be replaced by outsourcing?

Do you remember when TWU represented people cleaned and maintained AA terminals and Hangars?

Do you remember when AA mechanics perfomed work now done by OSMs?

I do not work in either of the overhaul bases, but I will tell you this!

When a mechanic has paid his/her dues for years working on the heavy maintenance lines doing all the drudge work that is required, he or she should be able to enjoy their final years AND be able to TRANSFER to a physically less demanding but equally important shop job. He or she should be able to transfer to one of those shops when bad health has hit their bodies.

But the TWU was willing to give that work away and give it to lower paid, less skilled SRP's. Then they used smoke and mirrors to get the classification changed to OSM.

The TWU doesn't care who does the work, just as long as they pay dues and homage to the TWU.

So if this is your interpretation of the TWU saving jobs, you are correct!

JUST NOT MANY MECHANIC'S JOBS!
As I recall, in the restructuring agreement all Title II folks were protected, NOONE was laid off in Title II!! Their bargaining committee chose to reach their restructruing requirements differently than others but the bottom line is once again NOONE in Title II was laid off.

TWU people still clean and maintain the terminals and hangars.

True enough, OSMs now perform some of the functions that had been performed by licensed mechanics in the past. With that said, in 1995 the industry, including AA, were gaining scope changes throughout the industry and farming out most all of the work that is now performed in-house by OSMs. The agreement in '95 returned ALL FURLOUGHED EMPLOYEES in TUL and AFW and the membership voted to accept the proposed agreement because it did at least 3 things. . .one: it returned people to work and two: it helped the company grow and gave them what it considered to be job security and three: kept the work in house. I'd venture to say that a great majority of the amfa supporters employed today either voted yes for that contract or hired in under it.

As far as allowing that work to be done by lower paid mechanics you should check amfa represented airlines where the senior mechanics don't have the ability to bump into those shops because they do not exist, ie: those jobs are all farmed-out. If this is amfa's way of relieving the requirement to represent all mechanics I prefer the TWU's method.

It's not about dues like you amfa boys claim, it's about making sure ALL people have an oppurtunity to make a living wage. The TWU doesn't just protect the ones they feel are worthy of union representation the way amfa does. Everyone is equally important.

Latest posts

Back