DFW pullout

gilbertguy

Senior
Aug 29, 2002
Has anyone heard that US may pull out of DFW.....rumor only?? Is UA bigger there and codeshare/merger is the end game?
14.gif'']

I've heard that DFW is a $ generator for US....my next question is...is it a MDA candidate....do RJ's have the range from PIT or CLT....any pilots know? RJ range are what 1,200 to 1,700 miles? Nautical that is.....
2.gif']

We're pretty good sized out of DFW. We have near hourly service DFW-ORD. We serve DFW-DEN about 5-6 times per day. We serve DFW-IAD 1X, DFW-LAX 2X and DFW-SFO 2X.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/30/2002 2:09:26 PM UAL777flyer wrote:

We're pretty good sized out of DFW. We have near hourly service DFW-ORD. We serve DFW-DEN about 5-6 times per day. We serve DFW-IAD 1X, DFW-LAX 2X and DFW-SFO 2X.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Yeah, but we don't serve DFW-CLT, PHL, or PIT. Nobody in the Carolinas will want to go to IAD, ORD or DEN to get to DFW.

Thanx for the info....I assume that you all are from other carriers....US
folks have any take on this?

as a PIT resident, if I loose my PIT-DFW flights I am going to SCREAM !! LOL I got used to having to connect through CLT and PHL sometimes because of flight times, but if they pull out altogether or god forebid fly those damn RJ's to DFW like they do to BHM, I am going to switch to DELTA !!

All my PIT-DFW flights are consistently full. I hope this is a false rumor

Busdrver,

You're correct. I was merely responding to the part of the question that dealt with UA's size in DFW. My apologies.

Rest assured, AA will step in and run as many MS80s as they can from PIT/CLT/PHL-DFW. They already run 4x PIT-DFW, and those flights are usually pretty full.

I know a bunch of ex-DFW flyers who are US2 and US3, simply due to the size/scope of US' Northeastern operations. To cut these down further would be foolish.