Didjya Know...

airlineorphan

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Now there are about 5500 active f/as at US Airways.

I was doing some research for a writing project on the industry this evening, and as I went through old copies of Aviation Daily, I came across an article about the 1992 machinists' strike. In the article was reference to the 9000 f/a's.

Kinda makes ya think.

-Airlineorphan

airlineorphan,

At the peak we had about 6200 pilots. We're now down to 3700+.

Jim

Some other information that I would find interesting is the total compensation of the CEO and other officers in 92 with 50k employee's & 400+ A/C vs Siegel [DELETED] with almost half the employees and equipment! Also you may want to check the "average" employee salary then vs now. Should open some eyes.......

In Sept. 2001 there were nearly 11,000... does anyone know if that's the most they ever had? Now 5,400.

I believe there were 48,000 total employees. What is it down to now?

Liight,

You are correct. In 2001, that was the highest number of f/as at approx. 10,300.

Presently we are down to approx 5,200 and there are approx 27,000 employees left at U.

So much for the "no furlough" clause be taken out in all of our agreeements in summer of 2002 (concession #1), and management convincing the leadership that head count would go down by attrition; not furlough. :down:

At that point, it was no longer about ATSB loan qualifying, or RJ relief to compete with LCC, or pension relief. It was phase #1 of Jerry G. union busting plan, and that proved to be deception #1 that these guys were not genuine or honest or labor friendly, in my mind's eye.

Actually, the highest number was 11,276. I remember because I watched the seniority numbers pretty closely back then.

You remember that sort of thing when you are on the involuntary furlough list.

-Airlineorphan

Latest posts